1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Beavis Stiffler

Good win, it wasn't pretty until the end. Its still a big victory for them.

There was this one part from last night, I think somewhere in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half, a penalty was called and then a San Jose player was supposed to be ejected/red card but the head official got overruled by the assistant referee and gave the San Jose player a yellow card instead. Can someone explain what happened on that? Any thoughts/comments?

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Should've been a straight red. I can't think of any logical reason why that wouldn't be a red. It was an obvious goal scoring opportunity ended by an obvious intentional foul. That's nothin but straight red, homie.

Beavis Stiffler likes this.
  3. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Agreed, I have no clue as to why the red was rescinded. One on one with the keeper, and intentional take down. What other elements exist for a red?

4. leroy

Especially when they have VAR available. What's the point of the system if you aren't going to use it in situations where it's freakin obvious you should use it.

@ Vancouver tonight still in a tie for 1st with Seattle. REALLY need road points if they want to stay on top.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

they said the defender on the left could have still made a play

obviously makes no sense because he was 100 feet away

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I'm attending my first Dynamo game this weekend. Pretty stoked about it. Any tips or pointers for the BBVA Stadium experience?

I see it'll rain this Saturday. Poncho up? Thanks!

7. leroy

I'd keep an eye on their website. My guess is that they'll either move the game up to earlier in the day or cancel it all together.

Great to get a point in dallas but what a sloppy, poorly played game on both sides. No one had much of a first touch. It was just an ugly game to watch.

clutch citizen likes this.
  8. Beavis Stiffler

Down to the final stretch, its crunch time, do or die for the Dynamo. 4 of their last 5 games of the season are at home. They must take advantage, maybe 10-12 points or 3 more wins could be enough to make the playoffs.

[​IMG]

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Wilmer needs to pick a lineup and stick to it. This constant rotation of players isn't working out

10. Beavis Stiffler

Great win last night and with only 2 games left in the regular season, there's a chance the Dynamo might get a 1st round bye or the #1 seed and home-field advantage in the Western Conference playoffs.

[​IMG]

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I sat on the field last night. Great comeback, they really needed those points

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

13. Beavis Stiffler

^This could be bad for San Antonio's plans for a expansion team.

Meanwhile, the Dynamo can get as high as a #3 seed in the playoffs or a #4 seed and host a 1st round playoff game. They of course need a win over Schweinsteiger's Chicago Fire + a Sporting KC loss or tie + a Seattle loss with either a better goal differential or most goals scored in the regular season.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Dynamo win, SKC loses

Dynamo will host SKC for the knockout round

15. Beavis Stiffler

If you're looking for this game on TV, It will be airing on the UniMas channel.

[​IMG]

16. leroy

Good thing for them it falls between games 2 and 3...otherwise no one would be watching or attending.

I'm just not drawn to them any more. I want to support the MLS but after what happened to the USMNT...largely on the backs of MLS players...I'm not interested any more.

Sajan likes this.
  17. Beavis Stiffler

1st playoff appearance in 4 years. Its time to bring this back up. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IT'S NOODLE TIME!!!!!

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Interesting lineup that WIlmer has decided to go with.

Pretty surprised that Senderos gets the nod for Delagarza, I thought it would be Remick. Also leaving Quioto and Monotas out of the starting 11 and instead moving Alex further up the field. I'm pretty sure this lineup has never been used before

19. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Glad to see Quioto come in for Torres. Pretty dismal offensive game from both sides.

20. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Vamos, Vamos Houston
    Esta noche, tenemos que ganar!