1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Beavis Stiffler

2. Beavis Stiffler

With or without Cubo?:D

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

With tonight's win we sit in FIRST PLACE in the west (granted Dallas is only 1 point behind with 2 less games played)

But I think this is way better than anyone expected

MadMax, Fyreball and daywalker02 like this.
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Far better. I went to the Orlando game 2 weeks ago. That was just a dominating performance. Orlando didn't have a chance in that game. It's nice to see Alex start to take on more and more of a holding mid role in the center. He's creating for Elis and Quioto, giving them space to run. At some point, though, a team is going to shut the wings down. It will be up to Alex and Torres/Manotas to make things happen through the middle. Yes, Torres looks better and has 8 goals...but only 2 of those are in the run of play.

I think this is a playoff team but not yet one that's going to compete for the Cup. They have to be more consistent and learn to win on the road.

5. leroy

And another road choke job...losing 2-0 @ Philly last night.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It's amazing to me that you can have SUCH a disparity between home games and road games. Is there something with the way their travel schedule has been set that's causing them to look like a completely different team when they aren't in BBVA?

7. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They're like the anti-Ryan Anderson.... hard to figure out, but let's hope they start picking up some points on the road during this stretch of 5 out of 6 away from BBVA (@philly, @ATL, @FCD, RSL, @SEA, @LA).

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

9. leroy

^

What he did to those 3 guys should be considered criminal.

Also...the Dynamo continue to be a terrible road team with a 4-1 loss @ Atlanta. If they can get through this 5/6 stretch with 1 road point, it would have to be considered a positive at this juncture.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. leroy

Heat related. She was released and is improving.

Dynamo on the road today @ FC Dallas. A bad road team playing at a good team that we historically have big problems with. Not a good sign...

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

One point. I'll take it.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Deric was tremendous. I still don't understand why he isn't starting regularly. Willis is a better distributor but thats about it. Deric is a MUCH better shot stopper. If Willis was in the game today it would've been an 3-0 loss

14. leroy

By all accounts (I didn't get to watch this one), Deric was fantastic. My only concern with him is that, while he can make the amazing saves, it's the simple ones that can give him trouble. Willis is more solid overall but he seems to have difficulty with crosses.

That said, Deric was the star of this one, getting our first road point of the season. Hopefully, this will give them the confidence they've been lacking on the road. They have the best home record in the MLS. Just need to get some road points to go with it.

15. Beavis Stiffler

16. Fyreball

The home vs. road split is absolutely comical. I don't think there's a logical explanation for any of it.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Questionable subs and lineup tonight. Not a good showing, but only lost 1-0

Wenger should never player. He can't take on anyone with the ball and is incredibly lazy on defense.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Bruin scored that goal last week for his many Houston fans especially "Leroy"! :D

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Robbed of their first road win tonight. LA was offsides on a goal in stoppage time to tie it up. I was listening on an LA feed and even they said the goal and the tie were completely undeserved.

20. Fyreball

Refereeing in all the major sports is incredibly frustrating. No accountability whatsoever.