1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Beavis Stiffler

http://www.chron.com/sports/dynamo/...broadcast-on-KUBE-TV-this-season-10869157.php

http://www.houstondynamo.com/post/2017/01/19/kube-tv-channel-57-tv-home-houston-dynamo-2017

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What I believe to be a very successful off season is over. Players report today. This might be the most I've ever anticipated a Dynamo season since they moved here. Lots of solid moves to rebuild the defense and midfield. Hopefully Cubo is re-energized by the hiring of Cabrera.

I think we're going to see a much more pleasing on field product with a very tough defense. If Cabrera can tie it all together quickly, this will be the surprise team of the league this season.

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Yeah I think they did a pretty good job this off-season, maybe the best they have ever done. If they can get Beasley back, the defense should be pretty good. I'm glad they at least addressed the midfield and Rico is not just a presumed starter. Lots of potential up front as well, don't know much about these guys but at least they are trying something new

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Much like the Rockets, the Dynamo entered this off-season with a ton of questions and not a lot of answers. And, much like the Rockets, they chose a direction and went all-in. No matter what happens on the field now, at least they've shown a willingness to change the way they're doing things. Now, let's all hope they come together the way the Rockets have, and take the league by storm.

5. leroy

When you think of the successful years, most all of those players came from San Jose. There wasn't much to build. Once those guys started leaving and retiring, they did a piss poor job at rebuilding. This is the first time they've really done that.

I honestly don't see a need for Beasley other than wanting a vet presence. He's an injury waiting to happen and won't likely be cheap. I was surprised Arena called him in, frankly.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The new kit is the best one they've had in years

11. Beavis Stiffler

12. Beavis Stiffler

13. Beavis Stiffler

14. Beavis Stiffler

15. leroy

I'm not sure how quickly the new players and system will translate into wins...but they're going to be much much more fun to watch this season. Wish I could be there Saturday for Opening Day. I'm definitely planning on attending many games this season.

desihooper likes this.
  16. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Too bad it is at the same time as the Rockets game, would have loved to been there for the Opening Day with the new squad. Hoping they are just filthy on the counter-attack. Look forward to making my inaugural trek to BBVA!

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a really wonderful stadium when the weather isn't too hot. Be sure that you pre-game at 8th Wonder or something before the game and have a good time!

desihooper likes this.
  18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

in former Dynamo player news. Vancouver has traded Giles Barnes to Orlando for Brek Shea

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'll be attending my first Dynamo game Saturday night.

mtbrays, leroy and K mf G like this.
  20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I have tix in row C along one of the 18''s. Still trying to decide if it's worth going in the rain.....