1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The next Klan Lives Matter Rally: Sep 11th, Texas A&M University

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Aug 13, 2017.

1. zksb09

zksb09 Member

Sorry but I found this absolutely hilarious. I doubt if a White Russian would be paid to post in Clutchfans BBS hangout. But I get where you're coming from. Still doubled over laughing

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Did someone say White Russian?

[​IMG]

KevinsBacon likes this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't know, man. It does seem funny but tons of Russians started accounts over here starting in 2015 (oh gee whiz, look at that) and posting political crap and misinformation on alllll sorts of social media. That's according to all our intelligence agencies.

This site gets lotsa views, so who could blame the Russians for trying?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are absolutely correct. He is working for the Russians. There isn't really any doubt.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

KKK people are the most ridiculous assholes in the world.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Israel does it, I'm sure Russia does it too.

7. zksb09

zksb09 Member

Oh sure I am aware of the Russian misinformation campaign during the recent elections. I just didn't think it would happen in the Clutchfans BBS hangout, but now I think about it, you guys may very well be right.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd post the Harper's article NPR references, but it's crazy long.

The Women Behind The 'Alt-Right'
    Last weekend, when white nationalists descended on Charlottesville to protest, it was clear that almost exclusively white, young males comprised the so-called alt-right movement — there were women, but very few.

So where were the white women who weren't out protesting in the streets?

For the most part, journalist Seyward Darby discovered, they're online.

"It wasn't easy" seeking out the women of the alt-right, Darby tells NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro. "I spent a lot of time in the underbelly of the Internet — Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, 4chan, places like that — digging up contact information."

Darby dives into the motivations behind the alt-right female alliance in her cover story for the latest issue of Harper's Magazine, "Rise of the Valkyries." She began her reporting around the time anti-Trump activists were organizing January's Women's March, when she wondered: What do the women who aren't in the resistance think about what's happening?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  9. zksb09

zksb09 Member

If one were to look at things purely through a racial lens, then you are absolutely correct in my view. However, there are parts of the white population that have fallen behind and become disadvantaged with respect to society at large. For example, there was a Bernie Sanders townhall that CNN/MSNBC showed which showed many of the problems. IIRC, it was in coal country where there is a lot of despair with alcohol and opioid problems.
    Their problems also need to be addressed.
    That said, a number of white supremacists such as Spencer actually come from middle class comfortable backgrounds.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's a very problematic argument. It makes instigating violence in counter-protest an effective strategy at shutting down rallies you don't agree with. Imagine people doing this with BLM or whatever other cause you may support.

A strict ban on firearms or anything else that could be used as a dangerous weapon, along with police officers in place to guard against assorted rabble-rousers, should suffice.

The Stig likes this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Do you believe blacks can be racist?

12. The Stig

The Stig Member

I see what you mean. Your second paragraph is why I was so confused to why we didn't see more cops in the Charlottesville riot. I feel like someone can come back to your second paragraph and say that you're "revoking" my 2nd amendments rights.

I was thinking, as long as the protestors and counter protestors both do not have a history of inciting violence (1 strike policy or something), they should then be able to obtain a permit to assemble.

It is a difficult predicament though because you can't just group a random person with the entire organization and these rallies have millions of variables to be taken into account and it's damn near impossible to keep track of all them.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If you're planning on foreign travel, those counter protests are some perfume to the utter bafflement and fear those foreigners have of our president and we the people who elected him

Hillary had a more detailed plan to help poor workers get back on their feet, but nobody reads crooked Hillary and her corrupt emails.

There are a lot of poor people who voted Hillary but there were also a lot of poor whites and their acquaintances that took the "you'll be special again" wink wink bargain that essentially implied that their entitlements would be better than everyone else's.

That clearly hasn't happened yet and the healthcare bill was the least populist anyone could've imagined coming out of the bowels of Paul Ryan

#93 Invisible Fan, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They can have internal problems but them blaming their short falls on minorites makes me loose almost all empathy for those type of voters.