1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The next Klan Lives Matter Rally: Sep 11th, Texas A&M University

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Aug 13, 2017.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Pretty kind I would say.

Islamic murders are hate crimes. killing someone for their religious beliefs is a hate crime. When 50 people where gunned down in an Orlando gay night club, that was a hate crime. Maybe one of the stupidest stats I've ever heard.

yea cause that's what i said......

Can you provide proof of 'growing'?

The way you always get rid of a belief. marginalize it. not draw attention to it.

#41 tallanvor, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

According to the nonpartisan Center for the Study of Hate & Extremism, hate crimes are up 20% this last year. Hate crimes are on the rise.

As for the "3 times more likely "Stupidest" Stat"... I have to clarify that. 3x as many attacks, but not 3x as many deaths. I apologize for misrepresenting a statistic if I did so incorrectly-

Point being... how many time and energy is spent fighting and talking about "Radical Islamic Terrorism" and when it comes to the ideology behind Far Right Terrorism, many think we should just look the other way, and I'm sure you probably don't want to call white Nationalism Terrorism even though folks on the right spent years railing on Obama for not calling it "Radical Islamic Terrorism". The Truth is they are both problems we should address and not look the other way.

And you are right that history might be kinder to those who look the other way than one might think. Hell the IBM corporation went on to be a multi-billion dollar giant that it is today and they were making money off of the holocaust.

Still does that mean its still the right thing to do to look the other way when you see hate? Yes, we don't want to give Richard Spencer and David Duke bigger platforms than they already have, but there is a fine balance between giving a platform, and just looking the other way.

B-Bob and JayGoogle like this.
  3. tallanvor

do you not know what constitutes a hate crime? being attacked for your religious views is a hate crime. Islamic attacks are hate crimes. For what you are trying to say, you do not use hate crimes. You would want to use ethnic hate crimes by white people i would guess. Those stats do exist.

why did you start on September 12th? what happened on September 11th? did you just white wash 3000 dead people?

#43 tallanvor, Aug 15, 2017
  4. dobro1229

Good lord. Why bother respond to these trolls. Its simple... White Supremacy is a problem in this country, and Nazi's are bad. How hard is it to agree to that? It should literally be the easiest thing to do. Nothing should be more agreeable in 2017.

But no... the Trump fans for whatever reason see a negative opinion on Nazis as an attack on THEM that they need to either flat out defend, muddy the maters by equating, or giving some statement that we should "just ignore" hate. Amazing times we are in folks. I thought this was one item where most Trump fans would not side with their Fuehrer but boy was I wrong.

#44 dobro1229, Aug 15, 2017
    TheRealist137 likes this.
  5. tallanvor

Only thing I said was the best approach is too ignore them (and therefore this thread is stupid). I also pointed out how stupid and dishonest your statistics are. Everything else you are just making up straw man style. 'why cant you just say Nazi's are bad?'. You are as dishonest as the stats you post. Either I agree with your approach to handling Neo-Nazis and believe your bullshit numbers or I am a Nazi siding with 'Fuehrer Trump'. spare me.

I am not a Trump fan, but side with him on what?

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I have two daughters in Texas colleges and I know I would be angry if either school hosted an organization (of any political bent) that risked the safety of my child. The speakers can go off campus and find private land/building to rent. If their message is important enough... an audience will find them.

eric.81 and mdrowe00 like this.
  7. dobro1229

I clearly clarified, apologized, and stated the origination of the statistics for which I was stating in the original post. You know what the point of my statement was.

-We shouldn't just ignore Nazis
    -Hate is on the rise and is a problem.

Yet you are going out of your way to create a counter narrative, and muddy the waters with deflecting to other topics you are more in line to attack in your comfort zone. We all know there is a reason why you are doing that. We aren't stupid. You've proven time and time again that you are a Trump fan as many times as you deny it, and are getting defensive about this topic as if its an attack on you. Have a good day sir.

Deckard likes this.
  8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We tried that during the Republican primaries....

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I don't think enough republicans were as honest about Trump w voters as they could have been. Romney was. But otherwise too much tiptoeing to not alienate the supremacists. IMO

10. dobro1229

Yes, and honestly the moral authority on Trump's racism coming from Hillary shut that message down from the traditional Republicans who for whatever reason hate Hillary beyond belief.

The truth about Trump's racist dog whistling and courting of white supremacist groups should have been called out by the conservatives, and especially the Suburban White Christian community... which was the main core of the Trump voter oddly enough. Instead the Christian leaders saw political opportunity and turned their head the other way.

Look no further than Mr. Christian himself Mike Pence who wears his religion on his sleeve, but is an active participant in courting white supremacists. If the Christian community not only will look the other way, but will be an active participant themselves, we have a huge moral problem on our hands in this country.

Deckard likes this.
  11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

They actually do. Read the posts on this forum for example.

They really believe that they would have been trickled down upon from the tax breaks to the rich, if only they were African American or at least a Latino or Asian immigrant.

Deckard likes this.
  12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The country club Republicans like Bigtexx etc. have long run won elections through these racial tactics.

Those contented moderates with decent incomes who want this to remain a moderate country should start thinking seriously about how the working class in Germany responded to wide spread reduction of their living standards.

#52 glynch, Aug 15, 2017
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Should just become a Democrat. Just got me free 12k in the mail today, thanks, Soros!

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Texas A&M hosted a similar rally 8 months ago. There was no violence there. It's the police's job to ensure the public safety, and in all of the violent demonstrations and counter-protests, the biggest common factor was that police stood by and did nothing to separate the two groups.

Shutting down the event only makes that group feel more marginalized. It reinforces their beliefs and makes them shout even louder.

The best course of action should have been to allow the event to happen with the proper security required. Counter-protesters should stay home as they are not going to effectively change anyone's opinion. Let them talk and let the event happen without any controversy. Then it'll flame out back into the shadows. The conflict is the only thing keeping the movement in the public view.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You don't ignore Nazis and the Klan. They're terrorists. If these were ISIS or Al-Qaeda rallies nobody would ignore them and rightfully so. We want these "movements' in public view once and for all so we can burn them to the ground. Nobody should fear for their safety because hate groups invade a town in the middle of the night with torches and Nazi slogans. It's like you don't have the first clue of the history of the Klan and Nazis. Crazy.

el gnomo likes this.
  16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Yet Klan rallies have happened for the past 20 years without incidence. Shut it down once they promote and incite violence.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Eight months ago Charlottesville didn't happen. There would be a huge media presence. And large crowds of both white nationalist supporters and protesters.

And besides, even if there was only a slight chance of violence, that would be too much of a chance to me if one of my daughters was there. And the best laid plans fail if things start up (Mike Tyson used to have a saying about a plan goes away when punched in the nose). Sorry... its a school, and the safety of the kids attending are the school's number one responsibility. Let the movement leader do his thing off campus.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

They never had a Klan sympathizer in the White House. He emboldens them every day and you're not going to ignore this away. It's going to get much worse. This is one of those if you don't learn your history you're doomed to repeat it type moments. Pacifying Nazis and the Klan is never the answer.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

amaru, B-Bob, CometsWin and 1 other person like this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

And there have been counter protests every time.