1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The NBA Storyteller- Kawhi's escape from the Spurs' Cult

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Swiss Roll, Aug 16, 2018.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe foreshadowing things to come in game of zones or thrones? Someone will be free from the curse eventually?

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

well could be true.

but hawaii still a bish doe. no problem in hating both.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I killed it after 10 minutes. The guy is a hater and decided to make a 40 minute video full of hating. I mean I get that Pop is controlling, but the counter to that is a players coach who really doesn't do much. Do we really want a league where Kevin McHale is prototypical coach?

4. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Guy is basically saying that Pop is a strict coach. Don't really see any reason to sit through the whole thing.
    [​IMG]

Os Trigonum and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

But, the Spurs are perfect. No one can talk about them and their godly ways.

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You know what you do when you don't have much substance or factual evidence to support your theory/case? You create an overly produced youtube video to distract everyone from actually trying to hear your nonsensical rambling.

foh and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  7. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

We live in an internet conspiracy age y’all. Has a real “911 Lose Change” feel to it.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

so basically pop is the leader of the illuminati

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

at 2x speed it's pretty interesting and a quick watch.

James Gabriel likes this.
  10. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

now I can see where kerr got his cheating tactics from, kerr having been in a close working environment with both rodman and popovich.

slothy420, Jontro and D-rock like this.
  11. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

and Nash being a special advisor to curry and the warriors right after kerr's signing as head coach also explains why curry flops so much more than anyone else in the nba from when kerr took over.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i do wonder tho, why ginobili was ok with being a 6th man. he would start and be a superstar anywhere else in the nba. cept for detroit, no one cares about detroit.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ginobody was way too deep into that cult.

Killatron 2000 and slothy420 like this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

yup, this explains a lot.

and basically tim is a cuck, as the kids now say.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I know he draws comparisons to cults like Scientology and the Manson family, but the big difference there is Pop's Cult has led to very successful, and real results. Yes, he's probably guilty of some (or most) of the accusations in the video, but at the same time, the Spurs ownership and management is probably just fine with it. While they sort of throw shade at Pop's Army (guys like Danny Green, Patty Mills, etc), he's given those guys the one thing that they probably would have struggled to get anywhere else......CHAMPIONSHIPS. There's no denying that he's a control freak, but there's also no denying that he has the loyalty, respect, and trust of his players. Kawhi got out. He's also good enough to be a championship piece on any team he goes to. Good for him.

I think the curmudgeonly attitude and ornery persona wears thin personally, but I also think that's a front he puts on for the media.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  16. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Uh Pop is a military guy. He has instilled a culture of team first just like all military institutions do. Your duty is to the team first and your shoe deal second. Clearly this culture has worked for the past decade.

The problem is the Spurs core just got old and began to decline at the time Kawhi was anointed team captain. I think DeMar will excel in San Antonio.

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Pop is a dom. Who like to control everything. Khawhi was in a “cult”. = whole 37 minute video

napalm06 and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I do agree with some of your points, but the NBA has been for the most part built on superstars. If you don't have one or two, your chances of winning a championship are near zero (the video made this point with Tim Duncan, compared to other superstars -- complete outlier). A superstar's mere existence can improve a franchise (or city) exponentially see ... Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Dominique Wilkins, Shaquille O'Neal, and please don't get your panties because I didn't mention your superstar, just using examples. Moreover, they are not in the military, they're playing child's game for entertainment. The Superstar system is most important in basketball than other sports for many reasons. Players think about themselves, because in most sports you can be cut for many reasons from injuries, old age, new ownership, unwilling to pay high salaries, rising young players, relocation, and etc. That's silly that we tell sports stars to think about the team, when most other people in the world put their own interests, first when it comes to business and employment.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Derozan is screwed,