1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lower Bowl..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Apr 17, 2017.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I can't unfortunately its just the timing of the games of my part. My niece's 1st birthday is on Sat and my Dad's on Sunday so I am flying out wednesday to Boston and back sunday night. Family is all heading there to celebrate my niece's birthday. Had this planned last month. I am down for game 5 (if it happens) or any of the second round games.

LCAhmed likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

It's a Sunday night and a lot of kids were in attendance. So I don't mind it...They had great energy throughout the game

5. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

I was in the Dome when we welcomed back th Oilers & Bum gave his speech, th whole Dome was shakin, it kinda scared me, thought it was gonna be like one of those soccer stadiums that collapsed.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The true test of that will be Wednesday when Game 2 has a 7PM start time just like the regular season home games. I don't expect everyone in their seats by tipoff, but I sincerely hope we don't see a sea of untouched red T-shirts in the lower bowl.

As for last night, it's Game 1 of the first round. It's Sunday night. And it's late. If people wanted to get a jump on the traffic in a 30-point blowout, I'd cut them a little slack. You wanna see an ungrateful fanbase, check out the Warriors fans in Game 5 of the Finals last year. When the Cavs pulled away in the 4th quarter and it became increasingly likely a title wasn't gonna be clinched that night, everyone started heading for the exits. That was inexcusable.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

dont forget the heat "fans" in game 6 of the finals a few years ago that left and were trying to get back in

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm almost willing to forgive them since I wouldn't wanna stick around to watch the opposing team hoist the Larry O'Brien trophy on my home floor either. And the Spurs had that title won. I mean, the NBA officials were already making preparations for presenting the trophy to them.

And credit the Heat organization for sticking to their guns. If I recall, they did not allow those fans back into the arena after they left. They stuck to normal protocol despite it being Game 6 of the Finals.

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I agree that all fans of many teams have bad moments. I think our upper bowls fans are fine, but our lower bowl fans just show up much later than their NBA counterparts from around the league, don't show up as much, and leave earlier (but that part is up for debate). The funny thing about showing up later is that according to Heypartner, start times were changed with the input of season ticket holders, with the idea of it being more convenient for fans to make the games on time.

As for the empty seats, @heypartner said (and he can correct me if I'm misstating) that the Texans limit corporate seats on the lower bowl to groups of 4 where the Rockets do no have any limits. The limits force corporations (who give seats to their employees and many guests in town for business) to buy more luxury boxes and prevent having swaths of empty seats for any particular home game if the company isn't doing a great job of seat distribution. I totally buy this explanation. It's the Rockets and Les' selling strategy that screwed themselves. You shouldn't have so many seats together with the potential of not having any die-hards in the group. The Texans made sure that lower bowl season tickets had die-hard fans mixed into the groups while the Rockets didn't.

Zergling likes this.
  10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

blowout on a Sunday night man

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

For a playoff crowd, it was okay. Not as loud or into it as previous seasons. That crowd seemed flat actually. They seemed more just want to be there to be seen because I heard Harden was good, and Westbrook is good, and people keep talking about it, so I need to be there so I can take selfies and send snapchats to say I was there type of crowd. The club seating will always be garbage. We need more Lawandas out there instead of Elizabeth, and Karen drinking chardonnay in the bar area. I can't blame people too much because it's Sunday night, and the game is starting at 8. When the schedule came out, I did grumble to myself about the Sunday 8PM game. It seemed like we always got that time slot. Like someone mentioned, let's see how it looks Wednesday. It's a 7pm start. We won game 1, people want to probably jump on the bandwagon. Should be more hyped up hopefully.

BigShasta and Kim like this.
  12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Who cares.... they paid for it.... it's their money.... let them do as they please.

Given that the game was over by end of the 3rd.

13. dmoneybangbang

Me and the old man got our tickets for game 2, ~$150 for 2 tickets for row 6 in an upper bowl corner section and probably $20 bucks to park within 4-5 blocks.

It costs about $100-150 bucks per person to enjoy a Rockets playoff game for upper bowl seats for a night depending on how much you want to party/pay to party. I've certainly sneaked a plastic flask full of whiskey before to my fair share of sports events and merely bought a large coke or two.

People make their own decisions but frankly $100 isn't much to enjoy a playoff game and personally I'm lower, upper middle class.

#73 dmoneybangbang, Apr 18, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Tha_Dude likes this.
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

What is a Lawanda?

15. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Lawanda is probably the best season ticket holder in Rocket history.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

She usually has short dyed hair and is always up dancing next to her white husband.

Ride or Die chick!

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lower bowl
    Summer league Phoenix vs Sacramento
    CD4E2AB2-14CA-47B6-A6C9-01DC8655D4E0.jpeg

hakeem94 and hvic like this.
  18. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Wow!

20. Newlin

Newlin Member

Well, the fans are sending a message. What Morey and Tilman did in the offseason has backfired and the fans aren't too excited. It doesn't bother me at all if people go to the games or not.