1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lower Bowl..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Apr 17, 2017.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The Rockets sold over 120,000 more tickets than the Texans this past season.

2. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Was that before or after the 8th home game? I could've sworn there were 33 more home games for Rockets but math has never been my strong suit

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Well it's kinda true ya know. They have kids starting at 6-7 years of age playing football till there knees collapse. Yeah you bring such good arguments from your neighbors lazy boy watching the games on his TV.

Too bad we couldn't keep this going, your thoughts are so headstrong and insightful............

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  4. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

I'm sorry if my original post went over your head. Do yourself a favor and put me on ignore if the truth is something you can't comprehend

5. bobrek

The point is that football games are more of an 'event' than basketball games since there are so few of them compared to other sports. And, like it or not, Texas IS a football state.

6. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

K

7. bobrek

Out of curiosity, what is you price point in order to attend a regular season Rockets game? Playoff Rockets game?

8. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Texans only have 8 games in the regular season and usually only have 1 or 2 playoff games. Very bad comparison.

Reeko likes this.
  9. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Same as yours

10. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Yea I bet

11. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Amen to that. I have been to a lot of playoff games in multiple arenas and the Rockets have an above average playoff crowd. Toyota center was great last night

12. bobrek

Really? You can get tickets on stub hub for $75 to Wednesday's game. Can you afford that? According to one of your posts, you can't afford to go. I am assuming your price point is somewhere below $75. Mine isn't.

13. Smacktle

Well cmon! If you're gonna be a troll, have to be better than that.

Reeko and FLASH21 like this.
  14. Smacktle

What killed us is the Sunday night game and the high ticket prices. There were near 0 OKC fans. Hard for them to travel if they have to be home on Monday to work. I think maybe the Saturday game might've sold out and I think the prices are way to high for the first round.

I also think OKC fans realize that they don't have a chance like us against the Warrior last year in the first round.

15. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Whatever you're willing to pay is what I'm willing to pay since you want to be in my pockets so bad. What does this have anything to do with what I said? You were the one who came at me talking about the rockets selling 120,000 more tickets. I made you look dumb with facts and then you say "the point is....Blah blah blah" when the only point you were trying to make was to make me look stupid. So after I flipped the script and made you look dumb you're now asking me about a price point? Dude just give it up already. If you feel like I'm complaining them put me on ignore like some of your buddies and quit wasting my time

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Stop comparing the Rockets to the Texans. That is bad comparison for multiple reasons. It's obvious why the Texans would have no problem selling tickets in comparison to the Rockets.

Also, can people please stop acting like the Rockets are charging a grand just to get into the building during the playoffs? Are the prices a little high? Yeah, but it's the playoffs, we have the 3rd best record in the league, and we also have the most hyped playoff series with Harden and Westbrook going at it. Are people expecting to get playoff tickets for $20?

17. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

So saying Houston supports the Texans more than the Rockets constitutes as trolling.

18. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

What have we learned today CF? The new definition for trolling is to speak fact. Oh and we've also learned that anyone who didn't attend the game cannot claim that the Rockets do not get the same love as Texans in this city because well.....That would have absolutely EVERYTHING to do with the point you were trying to make o_O

19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Why haven't we hung out yet? Are you going to the watch party on Weds?

20. bobrek

You commented about the lack of fans at Rockets games. When asked if you went, you replied that you could not afford to go. So, at what point could you afford to go? Why are others expected to attend when you, yourself, refuse to go? You are the one who initially brought up your "pockets". Not sure what "script you flipped"? It is ironic that anyone who doesn't understand the hold that Texas football has in this state as well as how there are only 8 regular season football games which mean they are in higher demand than a 41 game basketball season or 81 game baseball season, calls someone else 'dumb'.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.