1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lonzo Ball thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No, LeBron is gonna migrate to the West to get away from himself.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

CP3 isn't that dark.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Agree with this. Ball clearly has elite passing potential, but just ask Ricky Rubio how far that can get you. The Jason Kidd comparisons are a bit misleading because even a young Jason Kidd would be marginalized in today's NBA because of his lack of shooting early in his career - it's just a different game. Again - see Ricky Rubio or Rajon Rondo to see what good passing & bad shooting(and a slight frame) nets you in the modern NBA.

If there is one redeeming grace in Lonzo's game, it's that the numbers say he is a solid finisher but from what I can see, his numbers were propped up in both efficiency and volume by assisted points in the paint(since his team relied heavily on off ball cuts), I would say his finishing percentage is maybe a moot point because he didn't have the ability(handles or burst) to get to the hoop consistently in college anyway(20ish times total) so it's unreasonable to expect him to be anything more than a low volume, high percentage paint finisher at best and low volume, low percentage at worst. He probably will be a dangerous off ball cutting talent but if your only skill with the ball in your hands is your passing and the only skill without the ball is savvy off ball cutter, that's probably going to make him an easy cover for defensive schemes. Play off him when he has the ball/go under on screens and play off him when he doesn't have the ball and camp just outside the lane.

...also a little concerned that his Dad is on the radio telling people his son doesn't need to work on his shot - that he just needs to "do his thing". Lonzo needs to be taking thousands of shots a day from now through the end of his career - it's a habit that should be in the daily routine of good and bad shooters alike. I would be a little worried if Ball is taking his Dad's running mouth as solid advice.

roslolian likes this.
  4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I was at that game. He had 10 assists in the FIRST HALF. Keep in mind the quarters in summer league are only 10 minutes long too. Lonzo is for real. Believe the hype.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

So Lavar forfeited a playoff basketball game up by 9 points. At first, I was like why would he do that then realized he was shooting a reality show and probably wanted to spice up his show. The guy got his team eliminated for his stupid show.

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I agree with you- he is a complete embarrassment to America.

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

No, I actually like him. He's entertaining and is great for the NBA

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

what an excellent lesson for the kids. moron..

9. dandorotik

Doesn't surprise me one bit, coming from you.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

He's great. Lavar Ball 2024

11. dandorotik

He's an utter *******, just like President Trump. But you know that- you're attracted to pseudo-macho dolts who bluster their way through life. LOL.

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Why would I care if Lonzo is an *******, how does that affect me? He does something stupid, I chuckle for second and then I move on to something else.

13. dandorotik

You just don't get it. You accept that behavior. There are a lot of things that happen that don't directly affect us. Hitler didn't directly affect me, nor did Jeffrey Dahmer. Again, you're a caricature, anyway, so no big deal.

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You just compared Lavar Ball to Hitler.

If Lavar Ball ever tries to commit genocide, you don't have to worry I'll speak out against him. sheesh

#234 RocketsLegend, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  15. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

Lol if lebron did that the nba is officially broken.

16. dandorotik

No I didn't. That's where you fail intellectually. If I were to say, "Ball is just like..."- that would be a comparison. I merely stated individuals who didn't affect me, and the fact that they don't affect me directly has nothing to do with making a judgment against them.

Caricature.

el gnomo likes this.
  17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Yes you did. This is where you lack basic logic.

Hitler is a genocidal maniac

Lavar Ball says stupid things that makes the news and gets people talking

There should have been no reason for you to bring up Hitler in this conversation. Unbelievable that you still don't understand this

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Also how is he an embarrassment to America? I would guarantee you that 90 percent of the country don't know who he is.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Your grasp of English is as phenomenal here as it is in the D&D area. Keep doing you Trump barnacle.

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

notice it's the typical Trump haters out here spreading their hate outside D&D. You pathetic losers just can't help yourselves.