1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Lonzo Ball thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 8, 2017.

1. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

His floor is way higher than Elfrid Payton. Payton shot 29% from 3 in college, Ball shot 41% from 3. Ball was 4th in the nation in two-point shooting efficiency, and 9th in the nation in eFG%. He's a fantastic finisher at the rim for a guard. Ball was putting these numbers up in the Pac-12 as well. Ball is also a full 3 inches taller than Payton.

His worst case scenario is probably Andre Miller, which ain't that bad. However, there is no way his shooting is as poor as Miller. Ball is too good of a finisher / passer to not have at the minimum a solid career in the NBA the way the league is set up now. His upside is the next Steve Nash.

However, if Lebron goes to the Lakers, I think it really screws with Ball's career in the end. Lebron is a terrible player alongside Ball. Irving is a far better style of pg next to Lebron. I see a Ball-Lebron pairing the same way Lawson-Harden or Kobe-Nash was.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

70 foot alley oop pass

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

what exactly did kyle kuzma mean by "lightskin connection". and why did the espn reporter laugh with him after that foolish remark

see this is what im talking about, if harden and cp3 came out said this darkskin connection, the media would kill them even though combined they probably have the highest bbiq in the league

5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

What was she supposed to do?

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Lakers Summer team is clearly racially segregated.

#206 Carl Herrera, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  7. munco

munco Member

Put the pipe down

8. Mr. Space City

he looks pretty good so far.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  9. Lightsnowaction

I feel like the Lakers can't miss and Lonzo's passing is $$$.

10. theangrycanary

Lonzo Ball is literally an unbelievable passer. I wouldn't have thought the passes he was making were possible on a regular basis if I wasn't seeing it with my own two eyes. Every time he inbounds all you can think is that there's a fifty fifty chance he tosses it the length of the court instantly for an alley oop. God. Imagine if he had someone on his team like Blake Griffin or Javale McGee.

11. Mr. Space City

lonzo a teammate diminishing player.

lakers look terrible without him

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Lol I can't believe someone started a thread with the sole intent of calling LeBron a teammate diminishing player lmfao.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

so are players gonna start migrating to the east next offseason to get away from ball?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yep. He's gotta do a better job of preparing his teammates to play without him on the floor.

What a sorry leader.

LOL!

Mr. Space City likes this.
  15. PhiSlammaJamma

Harden had to be told to force the ball up the court after being in the league for 6 years, and results are iffy on those long passes as we all have seen, Ball is already doing it in summer league successfully. There is some legitimacy here. I don't know that he will be great, but he plays.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You should watch Teodosic next season, he's probably the best in the world passing-wise when at his A game.
    If you already can't believe Ball's passing, Teodosic will get you wet.

hakeem94 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  18. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I'm glad the news is finally about lonzo's play on the court instead of his dads outlandish statements.

I think Lonzo is a great passer and has a chance to be a very good player but harden is an incredible passer too that just led the league in assists. I wouldn't say lonzo is a better passer than beard yet.

remember that crosscourt pass through traffic to nene in the 4th quarter in game 4 against the thunder?

it's at the 1:26 mark

19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

if harden and cp3 decided to make a joke about the "dark skin connection" I highly doubt the media would kill them. I think most would just laugh at a funny light hearted joke.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lonzo's passing/playmaking is great.
    His scoring HAS to improve. It will impact his passing, and thus his value.

You could argue last night was his best game, since he shot 5-7 overall, 2-3 from three and had 10 assists to ZERO turnovers.

Long full court passes are fun, but in the league they can lead to turnovers often, so it'll be a balancing act for him.