1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Hop Op

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That was one of the most brilliant playcalls I've seen.

I think we may see that play again at some point.

Based off that play, to me, we can hand to the motion man. We can have Hop run it. We can have Duke keep it and fake to Hopkins. We can have Hopkins do what he did. Or, theoretically, Watson could peel back and throw to the motion man, across the field.

Just brilliant play call

My favorite play in Texans history.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Result was nice but I’m okay if we never see that play again. Someone on options usually gets blown up, it was Hopkins this time, don’t need it to be Watson or Hopkins again the next time.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I thought it was considered a rushing td for Watson. Guess not.

4. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

That was because it was a forward pass, the first one of the play and since Watson was in shotgun he’s able to be a receiver. If he’s under center that play comes back

tmoney1101 likes this.
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I had flashbacks to the hilariously ill-fated Chris Brown half-back pass intercepted at the goal line.

A TD is a TD. But holy crap that almost went so sideways.

gucci888, arkoe, macho GRANDE and 2 others like this.
  6. raining threes

Billy Miller was my favorite play.

body slam and Two Sandwiches like this.
  7. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

At first I thought Hop wasn't going to be able to get it to Deshaun, but then he did that high arcing toss and then Watson did his thing.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I was not in love with the play... I did love the results. If they could guarantee the results every-time that'd be great.

But for a team that struggles with pre-snap penalties, that has had disastrous results with trick plays this year, and for a play that required two hand-offs then Hop to run a read option, Watson to catch it (and be subject to more potential hits), where there were questions of lateral or forward pass, the pass wasn't great, etc... i'm just not sold 100% on this.

I actually much preferred the earlier play that was "tricky" a bit where Watson rolled out to the left and hit the TE. That was more in line with the type of creative plays we saw from Watson and BillyO in their first year.

9. Fantasma Negro

Happy with the touchdown but the execution still needs work, it looked to me like Hop more fumbled the ball and Watson was in the right spot to catch it and then he himself fumbled the ball while crossing the pylon. Touchdown was nice but I wouldn't mind never seeing that play again

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Could have easily backfired. Was well defended. Hopkins, IMO, got lucky that pass made it anywhere near target. But I get it, yall like gimmick plays. RB iso for an easy 6 wont get its own thread. Need Watt lining up at TE or QB (lulz, this really happened) again.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Seems kind of odd though that they would try that play at that moment. It didn't seem like the Texans needed a gimmick in order to score, they were carving up the Pats defense. Might have been better to work on the execution and save that play for the Playoffs or something like that.

At least that was a way better play than having JJ Watt in a wildcat formation when everyone knew that he was going to try to run it in.

desihooper likes this.
  12. xaos

xaos Member

JJ Watts touchdown catch was my favorite Texan play...

That and just about Watson's weekly play of the game haha

13. conquistador#11

I would have rather had the Cornerback not interfere so that Duke could have scored his 2nd td of the game.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

OP should have video of the play.