1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We already have a confession.

tmoney1101, Ubiquitin, adoo and 2 others like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And then there is that.

DD

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

I always put America first.
    We’re not talking about Biden.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You have a strange way of "putting America first." You are right about one thing. We are not talking about Joe or Hunter Biden. We are talking about the impeachment of donald trump.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Correct, Donald Trump admitted he did this - fact

There is no way to spin that.

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

He admitted he discussed it but did not pressure or withhold cash for that purpose.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

I don’t know about you but I don’t trust weather map from the White House.

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  8. DaDakota

It doesn't matter if he withheld cash, if he even ASKED him to investigate - that is a violation and abuse of power - you can't ask a foreign power to help win an election - or to gather info on your opponents because that puts the office of the President in a compromising position.

When Trump was a candidate he had a little more leeway, which he does not have now. If he even asked him to investigate - he will be impeached.

DD

FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  9. mick fry

mick fry Member

Corruption regardless of who it is should be investigated and brought to justice. That is putting America first.

AleksandarN, Blatz and Deckard like this.
  10. DaDakota

Agreed, but the Republicans lie so much and just make **** up these days, that you can't believe anything they say, so bring the proof, or it is as your side likes to say "Fake News"

And, I want to ask how you can say that with a straight face when Trump breaks the emoluments clause every single day?

He is enriching himself at our expense....illegally, I might add.

DD

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

The Republicans need to realize that this is their chance to dump this bum. They never wanted him in the first place. Take the high road and get rid of him and start over. Trump will drag the party down in 2020.

12. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

It's Tuesday and did anything happen at 5:45?

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well said. You should pay attention to Newlin's post. It's excellent advice.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

this is what i don't get... why continue supporting this clown? he was a joker before and they knew it but kowtowed bc he won, only reason. outside of a few of the real dipshIts like jordan almost any R w a functioning brain knows trump has been an unmitigated disaster. sure he's pushed through policy and has done their bidding in stacking conservative judges across the board but even they know they are walking a razor thin line w him.

just dump the *******, put him and his cronies in jail and move on.

15. dmoneybangbang

Yea... I see another Charlie Brown attempt at a field goal. Can they launch multiple impeachment inquires? It seems like the US airforce increasing it's Trump resort Scotland stays deserves an extra pair of eyes....

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Pence will pardon. New York State would continue their investigations, so Trump will not be out fo the woods.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm on record as being for impeachment but I agree with this. There is still a lot to be determined and about how this process is going to be carried out and there will be many twist and turns. Whether you're for impeaching Trump or not what we heard today is still only a beginning and we should wait to see what develops from here.

Also as someone who has been for impeachment I don't think this is a good day for America. If this ends up with Trump removed from office that will be a dark day for this country. The failure of a Presidency even if we believe that it should fail isn't a good thing for this country..

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have no problem with that and frankly would have no problem with investigating Biden. If the President believes that an American is engaged in corruption the way that should be done is to ask the FBI to look into it rather than asking a foreign leader during a discussion about aid to do it and to cooperate with your personal attorney.

19. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Pelosi denies vote again. Dam. Was hoping they would jump off the cliff and set up a formal inquiry. So the house dems just launched an impeachment inquiry in the same way micheal Scott declared bankruptcy.

Trump going to release everything (transcript of call and complaint) tomorrow too. Should be fun.

#39 tallanvor, Sep 24, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

can the FBI look into a Ukranian company? Think it would be the CIA if any intelligenece agency.