1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The family of Jazmine Barnes appear to have lied about the shooter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jan 6, 2019.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Same place you did

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you worked with child development professionals in the education system?

Then it's curious that you have the views you do.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No one is saying not to worry about injustice. There needs to be more focus on improvement from within

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe the two are not separate issues

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What views of mine are you speaking of since i haven't stated any?

6. jcf

jcf Member

Little girl was shot and killed. Family member saw a white man driving off and apparently mistook him for the shooter.

Not hard to understand why some thought it might be a hate crime.

Turns out it wasn't. Apparent "race-baiter" (I have zero idea) does the right thing instead of burying it.

Unless something definitive comes out to show it wasn't a mistaken eye-witness account in the middle of a traumatic event, we should give the family some respect and the benefit of the doubt. There are plenty of opportunities to argue over race issues. The shooting of a little girl (unless some news comes out that it was all some lie for God knows what reason) doesn't seem to be the right event to argue over.

Rashmon and biff17 like this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If the reason for broken homes is our history here you cant change history.

Everyone has to move forward

8. jcf

jcf Member

Put another way, if my child was killed, the last thing I would want to see is people using that event as a jumping off point to discuss black-on-black crime or the need for families to break some cycle.

JayGoogle and King1 like this.
  9. HTM

HTM Member

I don't blame the family... there are others here at work who deserve condemnation though..

The media, civil rights activists and others should do the responsible thing and let the investigation play out before they make definitive statements or draw definitive conclusions.

The responsible thing to do is take a "wait and see" approach.

The country has enough racial tension, it doesn't need more but various people and outlets have a motivation in being quick to cry hate crime or in stoking racial tension and its wrong.

MiddleMan likes this.
  10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yeah, but it was a white on black hate crime-fest up to this point. Now some folks seem almost upset that it isn't and turns out to be another black on black crime being committed. Now all you hear is crickets. I think some people may be upset that this should get the same amount of attention, but of course it won't for some reason.

Roc Paint likes this.
  11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Sad thing is it's a race issue instead of the poor girls senseless death. We should be better than this

Get more activity about AOC being a clown or Trump acting like a dipshit. Can't even go into the Texans forum without seeing politics on here.

jcf likes this.
  12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Improvement from within comes when we finally start moving these boulders out of their way. You want to make it seem like they are choosing to fail, in spite of help, I'm pointing the system is designed for them to fail. The fact you can't see that success is a statistical improbability as the system is currently constructed is half the problem.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Just another senseless killing that should result in the death penalty for the shooter but it won’t.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'd just look at the fertility rates produced by the CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db323.htm

Asians are not on there but they also have slightly higher fertility rates than whites, which I'm sure, @Senator is now going to go on about them having fewer babies...

Also, that data is far too old especially since fertility rates have continued to decline for all races in the USA pretty dramatically.

15. Senator

Senator Member

You are far too obsessed with races that score much higher on cognitive tests.

Would you be offended if I posted the IQ scores of whites, asians and blacks from the same socioeconomic region?

Am I the same as Donald Trump because we're the same skin tone? Can I say the things he says and be gainfully employed? But I thought we're all equal?

By pretending like it's all the same in a country based on capitalism (that has resulted in a high standard of living for the middle class and up), you're only hurting yourself and showing a limited capacity.

It's no surprise you're a basket of excuses that results in nothing, with no hope for change.

16. Senator

Senator Member

Mexico's population has increased 4x in the last 70 years.

Guatemala's population has increased 6x in that time span.

Africa's population has increased 6x in that time span and is not slowing down.

These are the regions putting heavy pressure on their neighbors as illegal immigrants and "asylum" seekers, riddled with violence and instability as a result of these unsustainable growth rates, constantly blaming America but no one wants to mention the obvious issue of birth control. They would fall under these races once immigrated.

Statistically you see no innovation or mass job creation from those benefiting from affirmative action quotas, just more corporate yes men and @JayGoogle cheering them on because they bring home a big salary. That's not winning if you're the brightest of your region, you have to innovate and create.

Whites and asians from very little have invented and created every technological advancement in place that has given the USA an easy lifestyle for the middle class and up, they also dominate cognitive tests. Poverty has not stopped them in the past, nor been accepted as a reason for violence and drug use. While I am a major proponent of the income gap between the 0.1% and rest of America decreasing through strong governmental regulation, shutting down investment loopholes etc, it isn't going to solve any core issues until the excuses stop.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are far too obsessed by IQ test scores, not me. I don't care about them.

Other people test scores say nothing about yours though...

Say what? Being openly racist doesn't mean that others have to accept your stupidity.

By pretending the USA doesn't have a history of racism does nothing at all...especially coming from a guy that again thinks others are dumber inherently because of their race.

Yeah, this is a known phenomenon that has nothing to do with race, yet, of course you think it does. You are obsessed with it...

Oh, and again, this isn't true in America...so there goes your great race theory, why do blacks in America have different fertility rates than Africans?

Lol, those benefitting from AA are still top students in the country and likely have a higher IQ than you do. But go ahead, keep thinking that they are successful because of Affirmative Action...you are so obsessed with race, it's pretty sad.

RACE RACE RACE RACE RACE!

Btw, that isn't true, but again, you sit there and think about race all day because I'm pretty sure being white is your only 'achievement'...such is the case for the white supremacist.

18. Senator

Senator Member

The irony is, you consider yourself a learned man because you sit here typing all day, but anyone with common sense can see... you just don't get it. You can get a phd and a masters... and you'll still be pointing to the white man and white woman.

I can't lay it out any simply. The point isn't race. The point is we are dealt different cards. For many, it is based on race. For many, it is based on wealth. For others, it could be health. Instability. Abuse. Rape. Etc.

I cannot say or do the things trump does, and if I do them, I won't be excused from homelessness or prison because I point my finger and says well he could say it because he was born rich, that's not fair. Reality ain't fair. I have to focus on keeping myself and my community stable to afford myself more opportunities. That is how 21st century capitalism works. I don't deny white privilege and the lack of opportunities afforded to minorities in the country, but I also can't deny a culture of excuses and roundabouts from people who don't want to live a life of discipline. Who create narratives based on what suits them at any time of the day. Predictably, you play the race card because someone is nice enough to talk to you honestly for the first time in your life and you can't debate facts.

You can't keep living in a fantasy where broken homes and toxic masculinity don't play a part in disproportionate violence. It's great jay z can rap, but what he says has nothing to do with you. If he was smart, he would have used his wealth for the greater good instead of paying the rich white man to get richer. Nor should you discount the boring bald professor because he ain't down with it. Break the chains and be your own man, innovate and create a system where you can win since you are so "smart" ... that is what smart people do.

19. Senator

Senator Member

There were many swing and misses in your post because you typed it with rage, but this was the biggest one.

The point is - these very intelligent students should be creating and innovating, not just collecting checks at an investment bank that keeps gaming the broken system. Going above and beyond a corporate paycheck , having the courage to take risks despite a fancy degree, that is intelligence. Statistically it has been disappointing .. many professors have noted this

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am still curious if the reward money was contingent on a white arrest. We may never know due to privacy concerns which should be respected.