1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The family of Jazmine Barnes appear to have lied about the shooter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

He may be a race hustler........ but in this particular case he deserves a lot of credit for finding the shooter, regardless of race.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The problem is broken homes. Stop with tje putting words in my mouth

No i don't know how to fix the poverty cycle. Doesn't mean it doesn't need fixing

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The government cant fix broken homes.

I've only seen black babies killed in this manor including dwayne wade's cousin. black on black crime is about more than violence. Its about hopelessness. About lack of respect for one another. The root causes are deep and have mostly to do with the plight of blacks but you can't change the past.

Fixing homes is the last hurdle for poor blacks.

#143 pgabriel, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, you realize Obama started one right?

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/my-brothers-keeper

There, named one, want me to name another? Again, you don't care, if you did, you'd seek them out, they are not hard to find.

pgabriel likes this.
  5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

But he also doxxed an innocent man, who the mobs were ready to burn him at the stake.

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

LOL...you never disappoint.

How to read TJ posts for maximum enjoyment:
    [​IMG]

7. HTM

HTM Member

I mean, it would be pretty f***ed up if he suppressed the information he received..like really f***ed up. Idk that he "deserves a lot of credit" for doing the right thing. Anyone should do that easily no questions asked.

Harrisment and Nook like this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is broken homes - ok, well stats don't back that up - they back up poverty being the issue. In any case, you still haven't proposed a single solution in regards to either problem.

You are just saying there is a problem, fix it but stop complaining about injustice. Who are you speaking to? Black people in general? Are you saying black people need to fix this black problem, and white people need to worry about white problems?

9. Senator

Senator Member

It's a rich man poor man thing, not race thing.

But the least capable make it about race.

Jay Z and Boyanze could have taken their billions and reinvested in grassroots program, or created a society that shows how capable African Americans are without white minds telling them what to do, but they've decided to hunker down in houses and neighborhoods created by white men while complaining about them.

It is what it is baby. heard that one?

10. Senator

Senator Member

These charities and church need to emphasize certain realities - if you were dealt a bad hand in life then have 5 kids, should you receive assistance? INstead of just praying to God and hoping everything will be alright. Take decisive action in the right direction, I come from just above poverty and those who made it didn't

1. turn to the bottle once an obstacle came their way
    2. didn't have kids when they cldn't afford them

"hard work" by itself doesn't really mean anything. you can argue the hardest workers are those in 3rd world countries who get paid the least.

MiddleMan likes this.
  11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Focusing on racial injustice hasn't stopped black on black crime. So my solution is is focusing on something else.

What racial injustice caused this girl's death?

MiddleMan likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What the heck is racial injustice to you anyway?

The problem is poverty, and many would argue that poverty IS the racial injustice that these people face. They were in poverty when they were taken and turned into slaves. They are a broken people who can't trace back an ancestor past slavery and have never know what success even looks like beyond what's on TV.

The only thing that has had success are things like the boys and girls club, which can overcome broken homes and poverty to help children get on the right pathway. That works. It works because it addresses the past racial and social injustice by giving people opportunity.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Factually incorrect, once again you are pulling crap out of your behind and waving it around the room, hoping others enjoy the smell.

They both donate and do charity work, some of it not even promoted.

You just flat out lie, it's sad, but it is what it is, can't expect much from someone that thinks other groups of people are dumber.

We've went through this over and over and over. Black women on average have the SAME number of children as white women.

So keep displaying your racism thinking that black women are each pumping out 5 kids because when confronted with the facts and you STILL create lies that just shows your true feelings on the subject.

More than ANYONE else you are the main person making everything about race here.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Being a "race hustler" is pretty ****ed up..... and if he were so racially biased, he could have simply discredited and not followed up on the claim that the shooter was black.

I don't know Shaun King and don't really have an opinion of him, but in this case he helped solve the case.... he got the important tip and investigated it and turned it over to the police.... he deserves credit for that.

jcf likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Slavery was over 150 years ago. There are already social programs to combat poverty but those programs don't break the cycle

MiddleMan likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Slavery was over 150 years ago. There are already social programs to combat poverty but those programs don't break the cycle

For people to take advantage of opportunity they have to be skilled. They have to take advantage of things like public education

MiddleMan likes this.
  17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wow. Can someone translate?

Harrisment likes this.
  18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What is the source? This suggests differently, though it’s not looking at average but rather percentage of women in a particular age group (40-44) who have X number of children.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2015...ducated-women/st_2015-05-07_childlessness-12/

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

That's assuming all public education programs are equal, of which they are not. Richer and whiter areas tend to have better schools and higher performing children because access to more funds because they pay more taxes. They also tend to have better outside/alumni funding so activities that keep kids out of trouble and focused (i.e. sports) are far better supported. It doesn't mean if you went to a poor school you can't succeed, rather the deck is already stacked against you. When you couple that with black parents who have worse jobs, and policies like red-lining that keep them from having some financial freedom and eventual home ownership the deck is just too stacked to overcome for some. It's a vicious cycle that people love to overlook. Is it purely a race thing? No, but there are a ton of factors where race does show its ugly head. As I eluded to earlier red-lining is one of them, but gerrymandering is definitely another. Some of the districts for schools and how they are drawn are just incomprehensible and are only done so to keep a certain population of people out.

I think the fallacy that gets thrown around is that racism is dead, or it's either racism OR classicism and it can't be both. That's equal parts sad and funny. Again, my beef isn't that white kids are more successful or even poised more to succeed because of institutional factors. All I'm asking is for people who benefit from this to acknowledge how privileged they actually are. I'm damn lucky that my immigrant parents made grades a priority. I had to get all A's or I would be grounded. I'm also lucky that my parents had enough money and skilled jobs to put me and my sister in the best position to succeed. So I am not daft enough to call myself a self-made man. Others aren't as lucky.

MiddleMan and jcf like this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Curious, where did you get your expertise in child development from?