1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The family of Jazmine Barnes appear to have lied about the shooter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jan 6, 2019.

1. body slam

body slam Member

I can understand in the confusion how the daughter may have gotten mixed up with what the suspect looked like. The whole hate crime shooting seemed a little far fetched to me. Personally it seemed like there was more to the story that we were not getting. Not sure if more info has been released but the it was the wrong car seems believable and very sad.

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

where are you getting this nonsense from .

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. edwardc

edwardc Member

When did this little girl who loved to give hugs parents run out on her.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think you misunderstood what you were reading. That was just a tangent that had nothing to do with the topic of the thread. No one said anything about this girl's family. It's good that you made that mistake though, that tangential conversation needed to end so the thread could get back on track.

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

I misread nothing you and a couple of other got off topic.If the older sister got it wrong she it was wrong but if that's whom she saw and didn't see where the shots came from it's not a lie it's just the last person she remembered seeing before the shots were fired.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I mean, you obviously did misunderstand what was being said given that you assumed we were on topic when we weren't.

That said, if you look at my first post in this thread, you'll see that I agree we can't say for sure that the girl was lying. Eyewitness accounts are notoriously shaky for any number of reasons.

In this instance, the misreporting of the suspect was fortuitous because it made a case that would have barely been reported into national news. Fortunately the innocent guy wasn't hurt and the people who actually were responsible were caught.

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Not acting like they don't exist and every thing is racism is really the first step
    At sime point there are problems that have to be fixed internally regardless of cause

Fair or unfair you have to move forward

Broken homes. Whats so hard? If i had a solution to the cycle of poverty i wouldn't be here arguing with you but i have figured out telling poor blacks that all their problems are racism isnt helping

Nobody would give a damn about this girl if it was never considered a hate crime. Nobody now gives a damn about this because black on black violence has been accepted as normal.

Forgive me for not having a solution to that problem. But i can say we must focus on the real problems

#129 pgabriel, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your solution is basically, "quit whining"

I mean, you are talking to people who have been in a cycle of poverty for 250+ years stemming from slavery and living in poverty since where generation after generation has not had the guidance to lift themselves up. And you want to go to them and say, the first thep is to tell them, "quit whining"

You are basically saying there is no policy and nothing anyone has to do, it's "all on them to fix it" - on "them" - guess what your approach isn't working, it hasn't worked for 250 years, and it's not going to work for the next 250. It's not a solution, it's a way to make you feel better because you can sweep it under the rug, and absolve yourself from dealing with problems or any accountability. It's a solution to help you sleep better at night and feel you are better than them because you found success.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly, you guys care far too much about what the media is or isn't covering. I saw this headline on several news sites, including CNN. People cared and people care.

You keep going on and on about how no one cares about black on black violence but maybe you should speak for yourself. There are several organizations around the nation that care and do work in communities to try and uplift kids and turn them in the right direction, it is your fault that you don't see the work that they do.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It sounds distinctly like you don't know what step 2 is. Why should I take step 1 on a path with no direction?

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

https://abc13.com/5032056/

The family of the falsely accused guy speaks out.

Sheila Jackson Lee was asked about whether jumping to the hate crime conclusion was irresponsible:
    "Absolutely not. Nothing is irresponsible when it comes to the loss of a precious 7 or 8 year old. As many in the community did, they expressed that it might be, it seems to have the criteria of that. Which is why I emphasize that the intensity of the community is no less because the perpetrator has been found to be something other than," Jackson said. "But the idea of the question of race as been stated by Bishop Dickson and others that we should engage in that discussion because it would be the kind of thing that lends itself to thinking if this description came in however way from a frightened car full of young girls, baby girls, and their frightened mother and so the good thing was that in the comments that were made, there was no hysteria, there was no encouraging individuals to go out and find that person. It was nothing but orderly respect for the rule of law."

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Thanks, Shaun King!

15. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

oh yeah, it's "fixed" alright

MiddleMan likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I said focus on internal problems. They have to be dealt with eventually. Didn't say anything about whining. Dont put words in my mouth.

Education for example just isnt about the school system. Its about the home. Dont fix the home then kids are at a disadvantage

What haven't we done to address racism in the last 250 years. No progress has been made on that front?

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No the first step is taking more ownership of the problems. Just at the resistance on that simple logic in this thread

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You always trot out these organizations without naming one. Whatever

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What is the internal problem other than them whining about racism? How do you fix that? How do you fix the home?

I am looking for your expertise here.

20. MystikArkitect

You think a distraught mother who mistook the shooter after watching her daughter die in front of her.....is a scumbag?