1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The family of Jazmine Barnes appear to have lied about the shooter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jan 6, 2019.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't represent a community. I just know enough to understand that I don't have the understanding of all of the different issues a community faces to tell them they are doing it wrong. I haven't walked a mile in those shoes. You haven't either.

#201 FranchiseBlade, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    superfob, Nook, jcf and 1 other person like this.
  2. Senator

Senator Member

it's hard to know enough when you're not very smart. i sympathize with you there. There's strength in humility instead of projecting your shortcomings onto everyone else. Big sign of toxic masculinity.

The best sport GM's aren't restricted to those who played basketball, they are those who understand it. Has MJ won much post retirement?

What did obama do for gang violence in chicago?
    or race relations?
    What has colin k actually done besides give media personalities something to talk about?
    They're cool and I'm not because I go for results instead of fake symbolism?

This is universal. To overcome the us vs them mentality, they'll never understand us, won't get you anywhere. Why would you keep trying something that hasn't worked for centuries?

3. jcf

jcf Member

Ok. It's against my better nature, but if you say it is ok: you're stupid.

Unless you are engaged in some top-tier, cutting edge parody (which I concede is possible), your posts above are simultaneously almost impossible to read and impossible to ignore. The perfect combination of arrogant, internally inconsistent drivel delivered with the smothering musk of superiority. Truly an awe inspiring performance.

Bravo.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Why is it that so far we have seen Beyoncé... JayZ... and R Kelly as representative of African American culture? Michael Jordan?

Seems rather skewed to me. Black people are not some flat character from a sitcom or a rap video.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's not about race but the blacks need to take their billions and reinvest it in grassroots programs or prove to the whites that they have minds of their own.

Your rhetoric is asinine.

Please answer my question.

Can you explicitly state what parts of American society are not and have not been the white man screwing the non-white man? I'm a less capable mind so I need your more than capable mind to spell it out for me.

You don't have to defend what you didn't say, you can start with this white supremacy'ish hogwash.

6. Buck Turgidson

Any thoughts on what Senator's other/last bbs moniker was?

7. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

wonder if any of them ever made any donation to the black communities? Matter of fact, is there such thing as a black philanthropist?

8. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

[​IMG]

9. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm gonna guess Clutch. Or maybe he's bigtexxx.

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

MacBeth/JAG?

11. Nook

Nook Member

Wait... I have consistently heard that throwing money at “The Black Communities” is a waste of time, that money isn’t the issue.

12. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

lol, yep, the one and only....

13. Buck Turgidson

justtxyank likes this.
  14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

superfob and Buck Turgidson like this.
  15. biff17

biff17 Member

Why the sketch of Jazmine Barnes' alleged killer didn't match the suspects in her death

While two suspects have been identified in the shooting death of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes, many people are still questioning why the initial sketch of the possible suspect looked completely different.

National figures, like activist and writer Shaun King, pleaded with the public to help find her killer. As King continuously upped the reward for finding the suspect, hundreds of tips started pouring in, he said.

Last Thursday, the Harris County Sheriff's Office released a sketch of the suspect showing a thinly built white male in his 30s or 40s with sunken cheeks and a stubble beard. At the time, police said they believed the shooter fled the area in a red pickup truck.

Activists claimed that the child's death could have been racially motivated. However, the person now charged in the child's death, Eric Black Jr., is a 20-year-old black man who was arrested while driving a different car on Saturday.

Black reportedly told police that he and a second black male suspect, partially identified in court as Larry Woodruffe, mistook Barnes' vehicle for another. Woodruffe has not been formally charged in the child's death, but court records indicate he was arrested on a drug possession charge Sunday.

King explained the discrepancy on Instagram on Sunday. He said the four eyewitnesses to the shooting confused the killer for a white man who sped off in his red pickup truck.

The mother and the girls in the car never saw the shooter. They only looked up from the carnage inside their vehicle to see the white man drive off in the pickup, he said.

"They heard the shots, saw that Jazmine was shot in the head, that her mother was shot, and then looked up and saw this red truck with a white man driving it peeling off," King said in his post. "THREE separate eyewitnesses, each credible, who also heard the shooting, also saw this truck speeding off. I spoke to each of them. They also assumed the white man driving it fired the shots. A brave man even followed the red truck in his own car and got a good look at him. A tow truck driver also saw the truck and got a look at him. In the meantime, the two men that actually shot and killed Jazmine drove off in a completely different direction through the neighborhood."

King said he received a tip about Black and Woodruffe's involvement the same day police released the sketch of the suspect, but he and Sheriff Ed Gonzalez couldn't corroborate the story.

"I reported this to the Sheriff immediately, because the witness was so compelling, but the sheriff and I both just could not make sense of it," he said, later adding, "We received so many bad tips, and so much misinformation, it just took us three days to solve it after the initial report was made."

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

@Senator

Can you explicitly state what parts of American society are not and have not been the white man screwing the non-white man?

17. Senator

Senator Member

Could it be about more than race . ..

Capitalism, for centuries back to the romans, has been about the technologically advanced screwing the less. Haves vs have nots, many times by divine right. The majority of white Europeans were victims of this .... serfdom is a form of slavery. A class system allowed structure and an ability to carry out these tasks historically. Look at how every major monument was built, the caste system in Asia, tribal politics in the pre colonized Americas and Africa etc. It was universal.

For progress, who invented these technological breakthroughs, from the pasteurization of milk, steam engines, washing machines, efficient transportation etc. that made life easier for the common man? That allowed him to rise from a lifetime of servitude to one of vertical movement? Whites , who then used it to colonize other parts of the world to add more "stuff" to their own society. The asians invented the numeric system and a vast number of other things that contributed to their own progress. That is what gave historical advantages to certain people.

They also fought other whites , asians, hispanics and made deals with Africans fighting other Africans who wanted to sell out their own people for a better life with these riches. This was a choice they made.

It was about survival, ignorance, and a very narrow minded view of what it meant to be valued in this world. I don't agree with it, but it was how the world was formed when many were fine with how things were.

People screw over other people regardless of race, it has been the hallmark of civilization until now. And while things have improved, have they really improved? Are we jeapordizing our future as a race with more humans having more money to consume more resources? Atleast a system had been attempted to be created where you have a merit rule that allows you to overcome historical barriers. My policies promote higher living wages / minimum wage, more distribution of wealth, less toxic marketing about constant growth and materialism, it's a compromise that needs to be made from both ends in regards to community. Will this come from anti white hate speech, or controlling toxic variables in your own backyard? Changing the narratives in communities? What best allows everyone a chance at integration in a 300 million + country? That's my long winding point.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What we are witnessing is the new face of white supremacy via somewhat intelligent and reasonable discourse without the confrontation, white sheets, name calling, and vitriol.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Not a lie. An honest, completely predictable mistake. Thread title should be changed, it's inflammatory.

justtxyank, mdrowe00 and biff17 like this.
  20. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...it's not what you say, but how you say it, right?

...where have I heard that logic before...?

Maybe from this guy — Republican strategist Lee Atwater (discussing the Southern Strategy in a 1981 interview later published in Southern Politics in the 1990s by Alexander P. Lami:

Atwater: Y'all don't quote me on this. You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******."

...turns out I can't say the N-word (x-ed out above) directly around here, but a whole lot of people can use it just about any other way they want...;)