1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The family of Jazmine Barnes appear to have lied about the shooter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Jan 6, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, I don't consider myself a learned man, but maybe you do? I've never once ever for never ever said "I am a learned and well-educated man!" but it's fine that people think that, bragging about intelligence is silly. I know what I know and I don't know what I don't know.

I only bring forth facts though, housing discrimination was and is a fact of life. You can ignore it all you want but I believe a government should be fair to all its citizens.

Yet, all you do here is talk about race. You just went on bragging about white and asians inventions and race/IQ, you don't get to then say "It's not about race..."

Well, that is the entire point.

So if you acknowledge that you then can't say "WHY CAN'T BLACK PEOPLE LIFT THEMSELVES UP LIKE EVERYONE ELSE?!" you acknowledge that the rules aren't fair and that it's not fair...therefore you can't then whine about when people point out the unfairness about it.

I've been debating facts and you stay ignoring them.

Lol...wat?

I typed it with rage? News to me.

Another person guessing the emotion behind the texts. I find most of your posts humourous if anything...

If you say so, sure not going to go by your word, usually you link things that contradict your point or don't support your point at all...

2. Senator

Senator Member

[​IMG]

Second man charged in drive-by shooting

[​IMG]

White guy's niece was attacked online because they wanted him to be the killer, no outrage.

threats including rape, torture, murder.

message is clear, racism against whites is allowed and encouraged by internet bullies, many of whom parade proudly on here.

#182 Senator, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    MiddleMan likes this.
  3. biff17

biff17 Member

4. Senator

Senator Member

Let's stick to the point. I never said "why can't", but I have said, "here's how". Here's how to increase blue and white collar opportunities to anyone who really wants them. As of now it can only be done by working with the system instead of assuming tax redistribution fixes everything

That road to integration starts with violence going down. Violence going down starts with male figures not accepting poverty as a reasonable gateway to violent crime and drug use. Historical racism is an obstacle that can be overcome much faster if 6% aren't doing 60% of something. That is what authority figures have to deal with every day, no matter how much the media vilifies them. This isn't a personal idealistic view, it's the reality of people I know from the east coast to Az. Focusing on resolving in house issues will allow you to thrive outside the house. toxic masculinity leads to violence, not broken homes, but if toxic masculinity leads to broken homes, than that is an issue you should personally take charge of and address, instead of using a story about a white mass shooter as an excuse to do nothing. Personally, the second I start pretending im trump or someone with real entitlement because we're from the same borough or something pointless like that, that's the second it all ends for me. Know that, accept that, and you'll see finger pointing go down, opportunities increase. To help with the housing situation, limit kids while in poverty. Do not fall prey to credit traps. My parents did, I did. Racism cannot grow in places where bills are being paid and people are stable.

MiddleMan likes this.
  5. jcf

jcf Member

I guess one problem I have with these posts is that you assert that you are offering a solution. But your message is so clouded by statements that could be read as "one race is just not as smart as another" or maybe "one's culture is just broken" that even if you had some sort of solution, who would really listen?

I assume you are a good guy and feel strongly like you have some answers but disparaging both the one you are debating and an entire race is not designed to get anyone to listen. It closes people out.

And for the record, I have read a bunch of JayGoogle's posts -agree with him sometimes, disagree with him others -- but he does seem like a hell of a patient and respectful guy who really deserves respect in turn even during a debate.

MiddleMan, Os Trigonum and JayGoogle like this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your view that children from broken homes and in poverty need to develop skills and take advantage of opportunity and no one should say there is a systematic element of racism that needs to be addressed.

The idea that kids from what you call broken homes need to take it upon themselves to get out of their situation doesn't make any sense. They are not adults. So it just sounds like you are trying to sweep the problem under the rug and basically say, it's not my problem to solve but I am going to sit here and say they should just deal with it and not complain.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

JCF brings up a good point, if you just say this, this 2nd paragraph, without all the other stuff, it's a super respectable argument, but you poison the well with some of your language.

My counter to the whole "If you are just responsible and work hard..." line of thinking is...yes, if you work hard and are responsible, you should be able to live at least a decent life and not want for much. The issue is though that this can't be governed at least not in a way that Americans would accept it. You can't make a policy that says "if you are in poverty you can only have 1 kid!" it is completely unconstitutional, while that would work out with China, that won't fly here. I think even if the SCOTUS was all left or all right it just would not fly.

That's why I focus on wanting the playing ground to be level so that those that do work hard can get their just rewards and don't have to work twice as hard just to get that.

You are right about credit traps and toxic masculinity and broken homes, all of that, but black parents do not tell their kids that they want them to be gang bangers. I'm not trying to govern behavior though that's why I bring up things like housing discrimination and certain issues in the criminal justice system that affects the black community and want to make sure that schools, most of all, are more than daycare and are dedicated to actually teaching kids. That I feel is the biggest issue, so many schools in poor areas have little resources and bad poorly paid teachers.

I just don't think finger pointing or whining or rhetoric changes things one way or another, what changes things is putting more into these communities and actually believing in them. Fund schools so kids can take textbooks home and not have to share them. Change the mentality of the police so that while they are punishing career criminals, allow them to help and teach young people and steer them away instead of trying to throw them into the system as soon as you can. The little things do add up.

#187 JayGoogle, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Why does it seem, that when comes to black people.... that there is this attitude that all people that are black in America are the same or just a conglomerate of stereotypes... that someone who is black.... isn’t a person first, or a male or female second... or young or old ..... they are black first, black second and black third....

Just like a white man does not think how every decision he makes impacts or reflects on males in society or whites..... black people are no different.... they are individuals, mothers/fathers/sons/daughters, young/old... all of those factors figure into who they are.

Do you really think a black man working 40 hours a week or a black woman doing the same gives a **** about Beyoncé or JayZ or any other ******* that has been thrust as synonymous of black American culture?

Do white people give a **** what Kim Kardashian or Jennifer Lawrence do?

Also I don’t want to hear about charity or foundations or welfare... the President of the USA is a white man that doesn’t give a damn about charities and has used bankruptcy laws to shield his wealth numerous times.

Next time you have a black coworker or even see a black man in a service station nod at you, consider they are person that likely is a lot like you, just trying to get through life.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You have a way projecting. All i said we need to fix broken homes.

That will help solve a lot of issues.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would you hire a roofer or general contractor to fix these broken homes?

11. Nook

Nook Member

The family structure in society in general is changing and there are consequences, both good and bad when that happen.

12. Senator

Senator Member

Meh, I don't care about participation trophies as we're all adults here. If you're stupid, you should be told so. If you don't get it yet feel incredibly entitled, you should be ignored. So the fact you sit around making assumptions, and white knights like Nook want to ride that train to get internet friend points, is of no significance to me. They will waste all their energy putting racist narratives in the mouths of people who don't say exactly what the internet says people shoudl say as they are essentially the people who voted for trump but on the other side. I only look at the road to change, improving the quality of life, particularly of those who are not only poor but feel burdened by generational disadvantage. It is a bit cutting edge for a politician to not play politics, but that is the future imo as people see what actually drives results... and ignore people who think change comes from kneeling in an endzone.

MiddleMan likes this.
  13. Senator

Senator Member

Why rely on something that was written 3 centuries ago? Times change, we have to change with it. Yes, immigration was all illegal 2 centuries ago, but if we combine legal with illegal immigration today, the quality of life for all immigrants will be close to nothing. Unspoken laws to better your quality of life, and your communities quality of life, should exist. Planned parenthood is readily available in the US, but the notion that a small family makes you less of a person is misinformation that hurts these communities.

But in areas with better resources and better paid teachers, the test scores still aren't level. Books alone won't do anything, but a sound structure that gives kids peace of mind will. If anything, we need less intellectuals who don't actually do anything and more common sense , law abiding citizens. You can still have fun and follow the law in life. Books and schools don't guarantee innovation, which is the real creator of quality of life going forward. A strong emphasis on STEM is important throughout the nation, but these are also highly traditional fields.

Yet you have hundreds of thousands of people getting outraged when a cop tackles a guy selling cigarettes illegally on the sidewalk with 23 priors. That's what fuels alot of the unnecessary crap figures of authority deal with in these areas. Where is the accountability to just outright condemn these situations instead of letting false narratives run wild on the streets?

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Because I agree with it? Do you disagree with the constitution? Are you saying that the government should have a right to dictate how many children people should have? And if you do and want to target black communities you think that the rest of the world and the international community won't see this as what it would be? A eugenics program.

Unspoken laws do exist but honestly you know little next to nothing about the community you constantly attack.

This just isn't true. When you only look at money regardless of race, the better schools and communities with more money turn out kids with higher test scores...but this isn't about test scores as test scores do not represent intelligence or the worth of someone, it's just about leveling the playing field for people of all races and backgrounds.

If all the cop did was tackle the guy there wouldn't have been much outraged...but since he tackled him and choked him to death then that changes that entire narrative. If you think people should be killed for selling cigarettes then that's the country YOU want to live in. That man also had children but now his children do not have a father because of an overzealous cop who not only tackled a man to the ground but then thought to put a chokehold on him...despite him outnumbering an unarmed man...

The more you reveal the more I think you wish to live in an authoritarian state where the government dictates who can and who can't have children and its police can kill without question. No thanks. I'll defer to the constitution and the American ideal that no matter your race, religion, or sexuality, you can achieve anything. I'll continue to endorse people that promote that message as well.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

You are right, It was not fixed. But that was the tradeoff from the house at the time.

16. Senator

Senator Member

I need you, if you have the courage, to watch the following documentary:

Surviving R Kelly

There is so much about complicit behavior that you exhibit constantly , and is quite disturbing to me.

There are absolutely no "attacks" going on from me, but valid concern and a path on how to improve the situation like other disadvantageous communities have done in the past.

Him having kids when he clearly shouldn't have isn't some kind of justification to commit misdemeanours 23 times. Is that how you looked the other way with R Kelly, because he had kids? Can't you see what you're doing? The cop didn't intentionally kill him, but when you flirt with crime constantly like that, you can't expect a rosy outcome each time. Being outraged at the end result instead of the chain of events that led to it is a sign of low intelligence and even worse, complicit behavior.

Luckily I know enough african americans to know they would distance themselves from toxic mentalities like your own.

This isn't about the government, this is about the individual making decisions based on his or her unique situation. But you've already stated you don't care about crime, you don't care about aptitude tests, you don't care about anything that makes society function. You've got your own narrative that has nothing to do with reality, the left version of trump, a complicit person who's ignorance and inability to process information hurts the community at large.

17. Senator

Senator Member

Could anyone provide me with the unspoken laws that exist?

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I need you, if you have the courage, to realize that an R Kelly documentary doesn't make you an expert on a community. You shouldn't lecture other people about understanding a community.

jcf likes this.
  19. Senator

Senator Member

That's one of many , many aspects I have highlighted.

Please explain and highlight the unwritten laws as someone who represents said community.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Saw it. You realize that it's black people that are condemning Rkelly and trying to end his career, right?

Why shouldn't he have kids? Fact is, he had kids and was taken from their life for a MISDEMEANOR. I don't care if he did it 1 thousand times, you're just trying to justify the actions of that officer or trying to equate it to what R.Kelly has done lol. So dishonest.

Sure, whatever you say.

All of that is false and a misrepresentation of anything I've said so I won't dare to counter it since none of those are my positions. Have fun fighting that strawman, look out, if you hit it too hard it may hit back.

I thought you knew so much about the culture of us blacks and such? Why do you need anyone else to tell you, you're the expert, you know so many black people and all that, so go ahead.

I've been asking you for months now to define this culture you're so knowledgable about and the most I could get out of you was "RAP MUSIC!!!!" so I'm waiting to learn more about my culture from you. Go ahead. Let's hear it!