1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chance of War with Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2019.

1. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Oh boy...The dude really knows how to dig a hole for himself doesn’t he?

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

This post is so full of facts and counter arguments I will need some time to digest it.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My post had 0 facts but also 0 falsehoods. Your post has 0 facts and many falsehoods. That's the difference.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

please, school me sir

Ottomaton likes this.
  7. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I'll grab some popcorn...

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I’ve had him on ignore for months now. He’s become a troll in this forum, in my opinion. A waste of my time.

9. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

He heads the list of about 7 of 'us' that I can think of that are right-leaning in our politics. I'm curious about the 'ignore' thing. Not trying to stir anything, just trying to understand the idea of an ignore list. Can't you simply IGNORE the post by either not reading it or by not giving it any creed? Or is it simpler to use an ignore filter?

Here's me playing devil's advocate (and not serious when I say this): Aren't you robbing BigTexx his 1st amendment right to offend you with his free speech??? lol.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bigtexxx has already stated he prefers to offend in his safe space where he can feel free and good with his fellow white nationalists

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1st amendment only applies to actions taken by government WRT protected speech.

Not trying to pile on, but BigTexxx kind of feels like spam at this point. His response makes it clear he's given up on this place, which I totally get but it seems like he comes around, mails in a response maybe after reading the headline and none of the posts and f's off without reading what anybody replies to him.

Hes clearly not remotely the most conservative conservative, most passionate conservative, or most persistent conservative, at least not anymore, so ignoring him isnt so much that his conservativism upsets or challenges or offends. He was never great at putting himself into the posts, but he did have his phase where he went to Hawaii or something and started calling everybody "brah" which was kind of hilarious.

But now that he's checked out it isnt very rewarding to interact with him if he doesn't interact back. If I just want that experience, I can read the Fox News homepage.

I'm happy for him that hes "living his best life" on his new conservative bbs or whatever platitude he responded here with (I tried to find his original response to me but its fallen a couple of pages back).

#1351 Ottomaton, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@bigtexxx dominates your thoughts and controls your emotion.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This.

B@ffled likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Having had some time to clarify...

People are parsing my words and disregarding nuance. I think this highlights a tension or anxiety that can be monetized and/or weaponized.

I'm not saying Trump gets a pass. Rather I'm questioning the media, their underlying motivations, and whether they're reliable sources of truth during this fragile window after the fact.

That "all presidents lie" does not allow them the right to blatantly lie, but the burden of proof on the press is much larger than the drip feed "real time drama" we have slowly cooked ourselves into accepting.

This isn't even a matter of self censorship. I'm a believer in liberal speech rights, *nuance* but the price for casually posting what you think or suspect should be an even higher degree of scrutiny.

This is largely why confidence in reporting has been eroding among the people. The press jumped head first into the Iraq War and literally embedded themselves on the battlefront. The same intelligence and defense apparatus that fueled media credibility then is still present in the likes of MSNBC's former-IC expert commentators. It's a broad marriage of convenience that should be called out and scrutinized, and despite all of these "industry experts", people are still left without any true insights of wth is going on inside or what our gameplan is with possible war on the horizon.

Petty infighting and internal conflicts does not spark any confidence, credibility, nor resolution domestically nor abroad.

But people are free to pour their rage into this and presume any form of criminalization will come out of the minute by minute gotchas. Slightly better reporting did not topple Bush Co., but whatever.

I'll wait this "bombshell" out a few weeks to see if any real or credible info comes out after people have calmed down and forgotten why they invested hours of binging episode after episode.

jiggyfly, FranchiseBlade and B@ffled like this.
  15. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

The voice of reason above.

I whole bit of information was released in last few days regarding impeachment. I'm at a point where I want to be outraged by it but I'm cautiously skeptical and am content to let everything play out. And in the meantime, comment or engage in what I consider worthwhile discussion here in the D&D.

Me and my dad spoke this morning and he brought up 'them damn democrats', to which I chuckled and listened to the talking points that were word for word Fox News. My response was something to the effect that both sides play dirty. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Edit

#1356 pgabriel, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  17. NewRoxFan

18. NewRoxFan

19. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

It's definitely hard to communicate through a forum. I wasn't even disagreeing with you when I replied.

Anyhow, my stance has been that Trump has a default and until there is reason to doubt that default, I'm sticking with the default. I don't bother with any MSM or entertainment news.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except shouldn’t the onus be on the leadership to adequately explain in a clear and convincing manner why they have chosen to act as they did? You are blaming the press and taking other posters here in Clutchfans to task for what you have described as a tit for tat with the Administration yet last I checked none of us or any of the commentators on MSNBC have the ability to commit our military into action. Under a constitutional democracy political support matters especially in acts of war. If our game plan doesn’t seem clear because the administration can’t handle the questioning of the press that is on the administration. For that matter it shows that they didn’t have a game plan in the first place or a half baked one at that.