1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Chance of War with Iran

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's sickening? His hatred for Obama is exactly what led to the events leading up to the plane getting shot down.

Actions have consequences. And pulling out of a deal the other side was abiding by has consequences.

Trump started a chemical fire, put it out himself without containing the toxic fume aftermath and patted himself on the back.

2. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Exactly! It's tit for tat. The republicans brought this on themselves and the cycle won't stop until one party rises above the petty bullsh!t.

3. fchowd0311

Ordering a strike with false pretenses or personal political reasons is something far more worthy of condemnation.

4. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Using your same logic, the blame goes to Obama for providing the funds for the missiles that shot down the plane. It's not my point of view but if we're gonna be silly....

5. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

facts to back that up? You're kind of making my point.

6. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

7. fchowd0311

Changing details multiple times, contradictions between staff such as Pompeo and the president, refusal to show explicit evidence of "imminent" attacks to the point that multiple Republican senators are pissed.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Ehhh does that include Trump’s lawyers? Seeing as they had to review the order and only ruled it Constitutional on the premise of imminent danger.... which fell apart after Lindsay Graham said he knew of the attack days before it happened... and then when the senate was briefed no evidence of imminent harm was provided.

It is why Paul and Lee were so adamant that the President overstepped his authority.

As for the plane crash. When a leader makes a decision to go to war or conduct the assassination in a foreign country, there are always unforeseen casualties and costs. To that extent the USA and Trump bears some responsibility.

We don’t even know all the consequences negative and positive yet. Ultimately it may prove worthwhile and perhaps it won’t.

jcf, RayRay10 and B@ffled like this.
  9. fchowd0311

Essentially you are framing an argument that if we ever form a peace deal where Iran ceases weapon grade enrichment of uranium, which implies Iran's sanctions being lifted, as long as a psychopathic president followed up those peace negotions by ******** on them, it's the fault of the peace negotiators.

Also, Iran's military was the 13th largest military in the planet before the Iran Nuclear deal. The The Fateh-110 started its service in 2002. The Qiam 1 started its service in 2010. Those were the two missiles used in the attacks. To believe they wouldn't have these missiles if the nuclear deal never occured is also cockamamie right wing propaganda bullshit.

It's very simple. Trump ****ed up a sustainable status quo that had Iran incapable of enriching uranium to weaponized levels along with allowing Western investment into Iran which helps the common citizen of Iran. He did this because he hated Obama. What a petty reason to escalate tensions.

10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

You're not suggesting the Trump tried to start a war because he hated Obama are you?

just kidding...

11. fchowd0311

I'm stating that Trump pulled out of the nuclear deal because he hated Obama. Did he know beforehand that it would lead to escalated tensions? I don't know. He's kind of a dumbass so it's difficult to tell. I'm sure many of the Neocon warhawks he surrounds himself with egged him on to pull out understanding his distaste for Obama.

12. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I don't think that's the reason he pulled out of the deal but I do agree with the rest of your post.

13. fchowd0311

I'm pretty sure it's exactly the reason. Trump cares a lot about "legacy". He sees himself as the diametrically opposed foil to Obama and so does his voting base. He has constantly insulted Obama directly about the deal.

You can also see this in how he deals with North Korea. He wants his own nuclear deal with a foreign adversary so ****ing bad. He b****es about how he deserves a Nobel peace prize because Obama got one for lesser reasons.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Please provide proof that the missiles were purchased from the frozen money the USA returned to Iran. So far I have only heard this from the President and he has proven he is an habitual liar.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One person uses a person server for work emails - LOCK HER UP!

One person tries to bribe a foreign gov't to help win an election and obstructs justice - PETTY WITCH HUNT!

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

President lying about imminent attack on embassies. I mean it wasn't even a good lie given the fact if such a thing were true, the embassy would have been alerted which it wasn't

Not sure why you are carrying Trump's jockstrap

17. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

You missed the point

18. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Again, you’re implying that you know...absolutely. I’ll do one better and say I don’t.

About the general...sorry for your loss:(

19. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Hmmmm.......so, basically, Iraq is our colony/territory now and not their own sovereign nation? They make decisions we don’t like and we take their money away?

This seems wrong...I know we don’t want them to fall back into a dictator’s or terrorist’s hands, but at one point do we give up control? Do we ever? Or do we just treat them like Puerto Rico, Guam, etc from this point forward?

CometsWin and Nook like this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Again there is no evidence of any imminent attack on an embassy - even the Pentagon said there was not. And again, the Embassy stated they were not alerted to any attack. If there was an imminent threat they would have been alerted.

So you do know there wasn't one. Everyone knows. I mean, you can stick your head in the stand and ignore the facts and just pretend Trump is god's word, but that isn't going to change the fact he lied about this strike and the strike violated the constitution.