1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Too many of these Turkish promoters, whether in boxing or other sports, are complete idiots who only got into the business by shady connections. No class at all.

ferrari77 likes this.
  2. cebu

cebu Member

torrent quality fight.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Saw it coming, Yildrim has no business fighting a guy like Eubank. No head, body, foot movement, only going forward without any strategy, bad reflexes.

Eubank has been my favourite prior to this tournament and and still has a ton of upside.

ferrari77 likes this.
  4. what

what Member

I **** your wife in your bed, you son of b****

ferrari77 likes this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This Joshua-Takam fight was fun ayee. Good stoppage by the ref, these cuts were serious and he took a serious beating.

ferrari77 likes this.
  6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Completely agree.

Right now I'm just amazed at the delusional people in this world that saw that fight and use it as the basis to say Wilder would beat AJ or AJ isn't ready for Wilder...because he went 10 with Takam. WTF?

As if Wilder hasn't LABOURED to beat lesser fighters than Takam. They underestimate the shots that Takam took from AJ. Those shots would finish Wilder imo.
    Even more so, I think Takam would beat Wilder if they ever fought.

Anyways, overall it was a good fight and I think what AJ needed. He can learn from this fight. No point in a 3rd round KO. What would that prove to him? What would he learn from that?

Now he can get back to the lab and prepare for Parker.

Yung-T likes this.
  7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Also can't understand those who have a problem with the stoppage.
    If it went to a decision, Takam wasn't going to win.
    If the fight went on any further, he would have taken even more damage. Of course the fighter wants to keep fighting. Ridiculous fans would like him to keep fighting especially since he was throwing some punches even if they weren't doing maximum damage. In the end, the ref did him a favour.
    Fans don't care about his health or well-being. They just want to see some rock em sock em action.

Yung-T likes this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Very true, I was disgusted when reading comments on Facebook. Honestly thought most people would agree with the stoppage, but the vast majority was outraged and saying it was a joke.

Always makes me mad when people don't care about the health of fighters and want to see knockouts or heavy blows, there's been a lot of fights that didn't end in a stoppage and resulted in the boxer being crippled for life.

Recently our German talent Eduard Gutknecht fought against Groves and is now disabled for life, can't even talk or walk anymore and his brain is severely damaged. His wife had to sell every valuable asset she had and can barely afford to keep up with the medical bills now, no boxing federation or promoter gives a f***.
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/865618/Eduard-Gutknecht-abandoned-George-Groves-fight-disgrace

I also heavily blame the corners/coaches in many of these cases, they have to protect their boxer and instead only care about winning or their own egos. When your fighter is being beaten in every way possible and has no realistic chance of winning the fight, you have to think of their health and swallow your pride.

ferrari77 likes this.
  9. Mr. Space City

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

39-0 fighting bums, hope he gets to fight Joshua soon and the hype ends.

11. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I get that he hasn't really had competition, but he has to have some skill having earned a bronze medal in the Olympics right? Or am I giving him too much credit for that medal?

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wilder is going to KO Joshua.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Will be an interesting fight, but I don't see Wilder beating any truly technical sound heavyweight.
    Aside from this, I love the prospect of Tyson Fury making a comeback, he's by far the best active heavyweight imo.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Well he beat someone who never made it anywhere in pro boxing, then only won due to a tie in next round. Lost 1-7 in his final match, which is a bit telling.

I'm sure he can beat up a ton of amateurs and sluggers due to his punching power, but fighting veteran boxers with a solid technical foundation is a different world.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Haye-Bellew rematch postponed to next year after Haye suffers from a torn biceps.

17. KingCheetah

Yeah he's fought some cans but you don't go 39-0 and win a HW championship without some elite level talent. Wilder and his team certainly aren't afraid to face top level opponents they just keep failing drug tests. Regardless if he wins or not I want Wilder v. Joshua ASAP - someone will get KO'd in a guaranteed slugfest.

18. KingCheetah

19. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Sergey Kovalev was impressive Saturday night.

20. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Yes, yes he was. Shabranskyy had no business being in there. Just kept walking right into him and took a beating.

K mf G likes this.