1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The BOXING thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Angkor Wat, Jun 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I figured we mine as well make one for everything boxing since there's only a handful of Boxeo fans here. The annoying fans of Floyd and Manny can go have their lovers quarrel in those threads.

This week of 6/8/13 we have:

[​IMG]

Undercard also features Erisandy Lara vs Alfredo El Perro Angulo. Maidana Lopez should be action packed! Card of the night right here..

On HBO there's...
    [​IMG]

Pretty uninteresting fights on this one. Dawson and Gamboa fans will enjoy.

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Chad should win a comfortable decision and Maidana probably stops Lopez late. Perez can punch so Yuri may hit the canvas once or twice

3. jae713

jae713 Member

Can't believe I missed this last night.

4. King1

Lara/Angulo and Chino/Lopez were both amazing fights. Showtime has been replaying them today. Skip the hbo card. Gamboa coasted to a boring decision and all you need for the Dawson fight is to watch the gif

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NC8W4idcExM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So good.

6. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4NRGzxCNvo4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Stevenson is a natural 168 pounder, and is so feared that Froch gave up his belt instead to face him as his mandatory

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Serena Williams would have kicked both those guys' asses at the same time.

[​IMG]

9. King1

Froch gave up his belt to get a bigger payday. Had nothing to do with being scared. Look at who Froch has faced over the past three years. You'd be hard pressed to name any boxer with better competition outside of possibly Ward

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I wanna see Froch and Ward fight again..and soon, because Froch isn't getting any younger.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Finally got around to watching the Maidana-Lopez fight and wow, went as expected. Very fun fight while it lasted. Maidana vs Matthyese should be another war. Still need to see Lara vs Angulo. Those boxer vs brawler match ups always make for interesting fights.

Watched the Gamboa fight and umm ok. This guy really needs to step up his competition. Sad thing is that Perez was probably his "toughest" competition and he looked like he wasn't even trying to impress. I guess that's a Cuban things because it seems they all have a chance of putting up a stinker here and there.

Im glad Dawson got KTFO. Maybe HBO can stop shoving him down our throats. How does he keep getting to headline HBO cards anyway? Does he even draw ratings?

Links to some fights this weekend:

Maidana-Lopez http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10q0jh_08-06-2013-marcos-maidana-vs-josesito-lopez_sport

Lara-Angulo http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k5L2i7FfC8NBaC4aN5u

12. MadMax

Really looking forward to Macklin v. Golovkin on the 29th.

13. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I was looking forward to all the fights this weekend. Loved the Maidana fight. Stevenson man, I just loved his reaction to winning. When he landed, I did the Roy Jones Jr. "Ohhhh." It was all I could say. hahaha

My wife was kind of watching the Lara-Angulo fight with me, she got a little tired and went to bed. Then heard me exclaiming, "OH DAMN, good thing you left. His face is JACKED!"

Again, I'm relatively new to watching anything outside of PPV. I've just begun watching any fight on TV since subscribing to HBO and Showtime about two years ago, but man...this year has been pretty good so far to me.

14. MadMax

Very good year so far, Ess. Fun stuff.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

That Dawson/Stevenson fight was unexpected. Dude has some seriously heavy hands. I'm sure that Andre Ward would make easy work of Stevenson, but I'd like to see it.

16. King1

Same here.

17. King1

Ward would shut Stevenson out until stopping him late. I think BHop would beat him too. Great KO of Dawson but he's being massively overrated right now.

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

What did yall think of that Lara-Angulo fight? Crazy ending. Angulos eye was reaching Rahman status. Was it an inadvertent thumb to the eye? Do you think Angulo, "quit"?

19. EssTooKayTD

I guess if you are asking there has not been any reports on what happened there yet huh? I'd expect we'd of heard by now.

20. EssTooKayTD

So did a quick search haha. He's claiming he was turning to complain. His body language said otherwise. I mean he shook his head in what looked like one of two things. That he was pissed he was getting thumbed, or that he was giving up.

If it was thumbing, I figure he would quit right away, but he faced up to fight again before turning around. Then in the corner when people were touching his jacked up eye, he was flinching and basically avoiding contact. ie, it looked like it hurt like hell.

I am in the camp that thinks he quit. I don't blame him though haha. Looked pretty nasty, and taking more punches to it could not be good.