1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The best way to watch the game on Roku (or other player) if I don't want to pay for cable

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by backwardhead, Oct 14, 2017.

1. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Help!

I've been watching the games at bars because it's more fun, but now I need to watch at home.

Please help. I'm not looking for anything illegal or outside the normal way of getting it done. I just want to make sure it get's done. I have high speed internet and a Roku device.

Does Sling work? Has anyone tried Fubo? Any guidance is appreciated.

Go Astros!

2. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

And I mean the Astros playoff games. Sorry I didn't clarify.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Google "MLB streams Reddit". Find the astros vs Yankees thread. Links and streams show up an hour before the game

backwardhead likes this.
  4. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

There is an Xfinity Stream app. It works just like the phone app.. it's pretty much just like having a cable box hooked up to your TV

5. Buck Turgidson

sportshd.me is my go-to when I have to. It's usually one of the first ones listed on reddit.

BigMaloe and backwardhead like this.
  6. mightybosstone

I've used sites like First Row Sports and Stream2Watch in the past when I've had to. But I just got a huge TV and wanted to be able to watch sports the right way, so I invested in Playstation Vue and stream games on my TV using my phone and Chromecast. You can't get Root Sports that way, but you can get all your local channels as well as ESPN, ESPN 2 and Fox Sports.

backwardhead likes this.
  7. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

i believe he did say nothing illegal.

Sling works, but when I tried it last fall was pretty buggy and would freeze often. Note this was on the computer and Xbox one app, not using Roku.

Now there is also Youtube TV and Hulu TV services which you could try. Both have FS1 for ALCS. Don't know about TBS for NLCS.

backwardhead likes this.
  8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

1. find a buddy or relative that has xfinity, direct tv, or another cable provider.
    2. ask for their log-in credentials (offer them 20 bucks or sexual favors if they're hesitant)
    3. log-in using the Fox Sports app on Roku
    4. profit (with entertainment)

9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

If you dont want to pay for cable and you arent willing to do anything illegal then your options are extremely limited.

Would just break the law with streams or go to a bar honestly

10. AkeemTheDreem86

This game is on fox, so go get an HD antenna for $15. You can watch CBS, NBC, fox, ABC, etc.

craigharmann likes this.
  11. vince

vince Member

I've been using a Roku 3 with the Sling Tv. I can get FS1 fine. And it's worked perfectly.

I have a Roku 2 on another TV and it freezes on me occasionally, so i have to restart it.

But both work, just that on the Roku 3 it works better.

12. BleedsRocketRed

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBStreams/
    This is my go-to place for finding them. Also use firefox/chrome/opera with an adblock. Preferably adblock plus or ublock origin.

Alsmost all of them are in HD, for PC, Mobile or anything else that can support flash.

13. Justin Dela Torre

I pay for hehestreams.com. HD quality and can watch sports on a lot of different devices. I have a referral link that allows you to get 3 weeks free if you're interested. Don't want to be spammy so hit me with the PM.

14. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

You can order from comcast stream only service, you pay like $20 for basic package and then to add on it's like $15 for stuff like ESPN, FS1, I think. Don't quote me on the prices but I looked into it awhile back.