1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Axis of Cohen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 16, 2018.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Aren't you guaranteed privacy by law with a lawyer. The lawyer can talk but he won't be lawyering anymore.

It is interesting that Cohen seems to have given up

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

But I am not defending trump..."

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Attorney client privilege is a foundation of our legal system. Do you disagree?

Or do you have no way to respond but cant stfu?

Edit: actually i have stated i do defend Trump on the legal issues

But the bigger issue is be a man and admit Trump has a point.

We've all seen enough lawyer dramas to know a person has an expectation of privacy with their attorney. Not a lawyer but im sure that includes secret tapes of conversations made by the attorney.

I came in this thread cause i saw this on Good Morning America

#323 pgabriel, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The latest leak (Trump talking playboy bunny payoff) appears to come from Trump current crack legal team. This was privileged communication between Trump and Cohen. Something that Cohen could parlay into a deal, except Trump's legal team stole his thunder.

Now I don't know if this is a serious legal matter or not. The National Enquirer paid Karen McDougal not Trump. Trump did ask Cohen if he needed to reimburse the National Enquirer, which Trump via Cohen never did.

5. NewRoxFan

trump can challenge this in court if he chooses. It would be laughed out of court I suspect, but trump's knowledge of the law mirrors yours... but note he even uses a weasel word "may be illegal"... but again, you are only here to defend trump, no matter how mad it makes you look.

fyi, NY is a one-party consent state... and obviously cohen consents...

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It depends if the conversations violate the guidelines set in place concerning attorney-client privilege.

7. biina

biina Member

Nope

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Everyone wants to jump on my so called defense of Trump. I said Cohen wont be lawyering anymore if he gives up conversations

That was the point

As in lost licence

9. NewRoxFan

Interesting moving of the goal post. And not consistent with your previous tweet.

And pointless, since Cohen has way more to worry about than his law license.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

On Cohen giving up his license, he is in trouble not Trump

If Trump had to pay 100k to a chick to shut her up, im sure he wouldn't need to rob the campaign donation coffers

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Youre right i did say it was protected but my first post was about Cohen giving up his license

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The payments were a crime.

Attorney client privilege doesn't protect criminal acts.

Sweet Lou 4 2, da_juice and Nolen like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Free advice: you are just like the guy you compulsively defend... it would be much simpler to admit you were wrong instead of making yourself look worse by twisting what you intentionally meant. Probably why no one here takes you seriously and only suffer your debates for the humor.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I admitted im wrong.

Im trying to be reasonable. I do defend on these legal issues ive never denied it.

I don't have to deny my purpose. Don't know you and wouldn't give a **** about what you think.

15. conquistador#11

"you don't understand donald trump. He doesn't pay for anything." - Roger stone. -
    Marlo could definitely afford the candy he stole at the convenience store but sometimes you can't help yourself.

JeffB and B-Bob like this.
  16. adoo

adoo Member

Traitor Trump's new lawyer, Rudi, by talking about the tape, releases confidentiality of the tape.

i agree w the CNN's Chris Cuomo's opinion that

Rudi leaked this tape to the media---flashing a shiny object---to divert attention away from the traitor's duplicity/connection
    w the Russian hackers/spies​

da_juice and JeffB like this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

that's giving El Rudo too much credit.

Alternative theory: He's a terrible person and shitty lawyer.

FranchiseBlade, da_juice and B-Bob like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

eta: I do LOVE that Trump glossed himself as "your favorite President".

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Another typical libtard reaction to trump and Evangelical defense of trump's womanizing...

btw, with all of President Reagan's faults, his affection and respect for Nancy Reagan is inarguable. But to defend the indefensible, trump defenders bring down all republicans.

adoo and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. conquistador#11

is this the guy that thinks Hitler was sent from god? I get my creepy, nothing about jesus, old men evangelicals all mixed up.
    Speaking of creepy, can you believe it? Scientologists have their own channel on direct tv! Believe me, they would have the best health care package for ALL people. You can be your own doctor by never going to one.

B-Bob likes this.