1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The "Another ISIS Attack" Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

A child, between the ages of 12-14, detonated a bomb at a wedding in Turkey. 50+ killed. Iraq and Syria are countries - not wars - and they should be treated as such. I am not sure any amount of US intervention, no matter how liberal or idealistic, is going to put an end to these kinds of tragedies.

I bet the adults who manipulated this child cited "Israel" as the sources of all their problems. Though they themselves have probably never been to Israel nor have they ever been transgressed by Israel (much like Osama bin Laden).

[rQUOTEr]Turkey's Erdogan blames child bomber for attack that killed 51

At least 51 people were killed when a suicide bomber aged between 12 and 14 attacked a wedding party in the Turkish city of Gaziantep late on Saturday, the president said.

The attack was the deadliest in a series of bombings in Turkey this year, and President Tayyip Erdogan said Islamic State was likely behind it.

"Initial evidence suggests it was a Daesh attack," Erdogan said in Istanbul on Sunday, using an Arabic name for the hardline Sunni Islamist group. He said 69 people were in hospital and 17 were "heavily injured".

A destroyed suicide vest was found at the blast site, officials said.

Islamic State has been blamed for other similar attacks in Turkey, often targeting Kurdish gatherings in an effort to inflame ethnic tensions. The deadliest was last October, when suicide bombers killed more than 100 people at a rally of pro-Kurdish and labor activists in Ankara.

[/rQUOTEr]

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The people killed were Kurds. Erdogan is closer to ISIS than to the Kurds.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You sound like one of those 9/11 conspiracy nut jobs now.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

How are you even defending this guy?

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

You need to understand the full context here. I mean, I'd be surprised if the Islamists who did this weren't people who hated Israel, but I'm not sure why you'd mention that. It is like saying "I bet they had beards...I bet they didn't drink alcohol...I bet they're opposed to feminism and gay rights..." yeah, they were Islamists. Islamists suck. They are the Islamic world's equivalent of the alt-right, ultra-conservative and neo fascist movements in the west -- I'd love to see them get stomped out, and if I didn't have kids I'd be over in Syria with the YPG fighting them right now.

What's more important in this particular case though is that ISIS really hates these Kurds because their comrades in Syria are leading the charge that is destroying ISIS there. AND, Turkey (led by an Islamist president who is becoming more autocratic by the day) also really hates the Kurdish communities in Turkey, and there have been several attacks like this on Kurds in the last year, and there are accusations from the Kurds that the Turkish security forces are looking the other way and allowing these attacks to happen, since they are in open conflict with the Kurdish communities in Turkey right now. And that of course brings up the allegations that Turkey has in the past worked with and given assistance to ISIS, since they have common enemies : Assad and the Kurds.

The U.S.'s continued support for Turkey and Saudia Arabia is one of the most egregious and terrible parts of our foreign policy, and the middle east will never cease being a place of turmoil as long as we are willing to work with authoritarian regimes like Saudia Arabia and Turkey, especially considering how complicit those countries are to Islamist groups in the region.

#5 HamJam, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you mama drop you on the head as a baby - that just made no sense whats so ever. Stick to climate denial