1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Amazing Race 5

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dean, Jul 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. dean

dean Member

Do you guys watch this show on CBS? I think its probably the most enjoyable reality show airing now, in my opinion. This season is better because the tasks are more interesting (windsailing, chasing donkeys, etc.) also, the contestants are interesting. There's a midget, senior citizen, and set of twins. The confrontations can be pretty funny(ie the pizza bros vs. the midget and partnet). Right now, I want the pizza bros and the bowling moms to lose.

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

love the show, been dloading this series, so watch it a couple of days after the US

like the challenges, the chocolate one was fun, so far... not really sure about the team personalities so far, there are so many teams left so it's hard to see who to like and dislike so far

the detours could be better though... seems like there is only a time pay for one taks and risk doing it isn't that high

really hope the god bothering model team get eliminated soon, they **** me to tears

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is easily the best reality show - that town they were in with the chocolate was very cool looking - I'd like to go there.

I'm sure it makes good television, but I'd like this season much more if the midget wasn't on it or at least was losing. That team blows.

Too bad the military dad and daugter got kicked off - they seemed cool.

4. SmeggySmeg

agree

the pizza boys nearly got screwed with the chocolates

i love travel and seeing different countries, it's certainly my favourite reality show

they did go for the glory of the very early flight and booked the one seat hoping they would get the other on standby and then couldn't only book one other seat and on another flight and then had to wait till that first flight left to book another

did you guys know cbs agreed to a series 6 which i think they are filming on the back of series 5

5. JayZ750

Yeah, but that wasn't even the earliest flight, which were the 9,9:30 ones on the other airlines they could have gotten on via standby.

My other pet peeve about the show - there is no incentive to actually win right now...every "new day" starts with a plane trip or ferry ride that 9 out of 10 teams get on the same one. They should make them do 3 or 4 things before hand, do the trip, then do another 3 or 4 things - or space it out somewhat so at the very least if you come in first one day, your much more likely to be in top 3 or 5 the next.

6. synergy

synergy Member

By the way, the term is dwarf or little person.

Anyways, I digress...

I've been watching every year its been on. This show along with Last Comic Standing are two of the best reality series on tv today.

7. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

I guess it's to give everyone a chance, but there is the fact the first team gets to choose their flight. Maybe if they put one "luck" task (like the chocolate eating one) before the plane it would make it a little more interesting.

I remember last year a couple teams called in advanced on cell phones once they got their task for plane rides and such, this year not so much or at all. I would think calling ahead would kill teams that are rushing as fast as they can to catch a flight.

Also I was wondering, I know that they have to buy the two tickets for the themselves, but what about the camera guy, he has to come too? If there is an even number of seats left, do they have to find another flight so they can bring their camera guy? I guess it would make sense that there are a number of camera guys that are already on the plane, then there are some ready at the terminal, but I remember reading somewhere that what made this game so hard is that they had to factor in the camera guy in all the places they had to go (maybe it was for earlier seasons?)

8. SmeggySmeg

this is only problem when they finish the stages around midday.... that means after the 12hr rest stop it is midnight ish when they start again and often airlines don't start till later in the morning... so then any team with a lead just has to wait at the airport and all teams bunch up

in episode 3 on that first flight you almost wish if they had given them the option to drive... i mean it didn't look that far and most team didn't get on a flight till 9am... so that would have been 9hrs driving time

9. JayZ750

Once again Mirna and Chirna survive - damn they're annoying. But Chip is cool as hell. Is there any reason why everyone didn't just house that caviar?

10. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

Try to have some compassion with the spoilers for the internet watchers. :( That caviar was pretty nasty.

11. SmeggySmeg

certainly the best episode of this series so far and one of my favourites so far, first time they have had long bus ride and then a long flight, good to see some teams using the ring a travel agent ahead of time (nobody on that first bus tried to borrow a cell phone, wonder if they have banned that?)

i almost wonder if they could make the longer flights even tougher by only allowing them to book flights one stop at a time... that would make it tough

really surprised nobody has used online bookings for flights yet

love the caviar food challenge... damn that was a lot of caviar and judging from the liquid in the bottom it wasn't the highest quality

seriously funny stuff watching those first two girls struggle and then Chip walk in and scoff it and then even Mirna eat it quick.......

funny that nobody has used the yield option yet... maybe they should have kept the fast forward

12. SmeggySmeg

ps i don't usually watch it till friday night US time, so no spoliers please

13. dean

dean Member

yeah, online flight bookings would be so helpful. ..perhaps is it in disallowed in the rules.

14. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I must have missed the announcement about losing the fast forward - I kind of miss it.

15. SmeggySmeg

it appears after the last episode they have changed things on the fly

there are only 2 fast forwards... one used last ep

and maybe they have scrapped that yield idea

btw another good episode... long flight are good at breaking the teams up

it was about time that had a non elimination leg.. not too bad i guess but those rules on non elimination make it near impossible to stay in the game... no money... nice move again... nevertheless it should be surprising to see the mums stay in even if we that large guys bad knee

16. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

The Bowling Moms rock.

I'm sick of the religious couple/models. "I can't do the vodka contest, my faith is important to me." When he said that, my first thought was, "Remember Maude, no foot longs!"

17. SmeggySmeg

LOL, i call them the "god bothering models"

i was rolling on the floor with her i feel sick display with the caviar and then thinking about how bad i would have been if he had tried to eat it

i don't mind the bowling mums either... should be interesting to see them beg for money in egypt

also interesting to see if Chip gets repaid for helping out those other teams

18. Matador

Matador Member

enjoy the show.

I have a quick question: Is Chip's racing partner a mute? I swear the women never speaks. Every interview and in every shot of them it is always Chip doing the talking. :)

19. dean

dean Member

chip's wife is not mute. ive heard her talk before.

I dislike the models, pizza brothers, and the team in first place(20 year olds).

About chip helping the twins. I dont think the twins will help Chip int he future. They took the taxicab incident pretty seriously.

20. SmeggySmeg

maybe, for me they won't help Chip cause they won't get the chance.. they are too stupid