1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you Chris Paul!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kadoz, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Kadoz

Kadoz Member

Chris Paul is my favorite Rocket and I wanted to create this thread so that we can all thank Chris for every thing that he did for the Rockets. Here's why I'm thankful for Chris Paul:

I think CP3's toughness, leadership, playmaking, and defense elevated this team to a new level. Now that he's gone I just hope that the franchise was able to internalize the lessons Chris Paul taught every day both directly as a teacher and indirectly by modeling ideal behavior both on and off the court for other players and even every day citizens to follow.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Should have won a ring here.

Wish him nothing but the best.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

agreed. hope he lands in a place where he wants to be. And I will miss the State Farm commercials

4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

**** State Farm and their high ass quotes...

Jontro likes this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I enjoyed him. Wish him the best. Cherry on top is westbrook.

dkim1984, Highlyrated and nwtx7263 like this.
  6. Aware

Aware Member

yea, no ill will towards Chris. i mean hard pass on a tribute video but he was pretty good here.

dkim1984, Highlyrated and UTSA2step like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

his injury sucked.

dkim1984 and Highlyrated like this.
  8. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

A hammy away from a nba title. He never was the same after game 5 WCF.

10. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Hate to see him go. I'll miss you. But I hope I don't have to miss you. All the best buddy.

bj3175 likes this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Less ball movement and discipline now....great

Ramo$e and Little Bit like this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The "wink wink" promise of a max deal should've been voided when he got injured in the CFs. He signed that contract while injured.

Highlyrated likes this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

loved the way he played last year and stepped up in the playoffs. loved his passion to win. i hope he get's another look at a championship with another team.

Madmanmetz, Ramo$e and FrontRunner like this.
  14. defyoppression

Good luck to anyone trying to get State Farm to pay their claim

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

one of the very few guys who chose to come to houston. hope he ends up in a good situation. the rockets were right there vs arguably the goat team and just needed 1 more game. what could have been

Mr. Dominant, Ramo$e, robgue and 4 others like this.
  16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He deserves better than OKC. I know that much. I hope he gets moved to Miami. The Eastern Conference and we won’t have to play him as often. He has to be pissed. His best shot was year one with us, and that damn hammy f***ed him, and us, over. We should have had trophy #3 that year. It is what it is. I wish him well and I sure hope Russell fits here, because he’s going to be here for the foreseeable future. If nothing else, everyone who follows the league is busy going, ”Houston did what??”

Everybody's talking about us. Doesn’t win us any games, but it’s entertaining.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Not sure if this got any run here yet, but I saw this tweet from J.J. Watt:

I mean, the guy just got here, and he's low-key wanting to know what he can do to help. Durant that day would've leaked an unsourced blurb about how much he was spending. CP3 just wanted to know what he could do, and kept it between him and those he was trying to help.

I didn't like his contract, and I didn't like this version of the player he is now on the team, but I'm going to miss him. And I hope he gets a ring.

Just not before Houston.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't know about him personally, but he always seems like a stand-up dude, and I wish he could've won a ring here. The only thing I really despised about him was the flopping, but hey... it's the NBA.

Gray_Jay and Deckard like this.
  20. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

I am very grateful for CP3's contributions over the past two years.

His overall outlook, leadership and tenacity have deeply influenced the team. I wish him all the best in the future.

We will never forget CP3's first season here. We trusted each other and fought hungrily. We won the best record in the team's history with 65 wins. We are only one leg short of the championship with CP3. The process is beautiful, the result is not always perfect, anyway, this is always a good memory, I will always remember.