1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade for Raiders CB Gareon Conley

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by thesonofsam, Oct 21, 2019.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What bs r u trying to push now? Trying to somehow spin that me quoting u, is another way of saying the trade was a wasted pick? Dude stop embarrassing yourself and stfu.

Draft picks are overrated = as long as we filled a positional need. (Your explaination). We traded this cb to fill a positional need, no?

When i quote u, it somehow means im trashing the trade? Waste of time talking to delusional BoB defender

#321 DatRocketFan, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. Nice try. You were being snarky and sarcastic. You can try to play it off now if u want.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol and u can interpret however u like. Delusional BoB defender thinking any texan fans that doesnt defend everything BoB does is a hater.

Fact stands that i havent said this trade was a wasted pick and u went BoB defense mode on me for no reason.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Thanks for sharing this! I have hope that Conley and Johnson can be our starters next year, if we don't resign Roby. I think our man-to-man scheme is more to his strengths.

6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The word was he was a man corner and the Raiders were playing him too much in zone. He looked great in his natural habitat.

red5rocket, vince and Plowman like this.
  7. Nimo

Nimo Member

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Not surprising. He plays well, gets a new contract.

UTSA2step likes this.
  9. CrazyJoeDavola

Wasted 3rd round pick. Ugh

red5rocket, Fulgore, Nook and 2 others like this.
  10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I dont think so. He did alright in his 1st season with a new team. He'll be better this year.

raining threes likes this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Texans basically will get 2 years out of him. He is just not worth $10 million dollars at the moment.

No Worries likes this.
  12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

If GC has a good year, I think we'll sign him to a longer contract. Precedent was set with Roby this year and Conley has the opportunity to get a new deal (maybe during the season) if he plays well.

13. CrazyJoeDavola

So well get 1.5 years of mediocre CB play out of a 3rd round pick. Sweet. Thats pretty good value for a Texans 3rd round pick.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Good value.

15. vince

vince Member

No point in overpaying now. He’s signed for this following season either way. Plus, It’s not like he dominated at the CB, who needed a change of scenery, hence why he was traded for a 3rd round pick. He’s can better than average, but it’s fringy if he can get to the level of potential he has.

You don’t pay 10 million unless the guy is pro bowl quality good. Maybe the Texans want to make him earn his coin.... A solid motivational tool.

If he puts it all together, and earns 18 million, the Texans will cross that decision bridge there and then.

UTSA2step and raining threes like this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yep. Billy Bob at his finest. SMH. This team needs to fire this guy sooo badly. Unbelievable.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  17. raining threes

Getting a year and a half out of a guy for a 3rd Rd pick seems like good value to me.

If he has a good season they will re-signin him, or they might re-sign him this off-season to a cheaper deal like they did with Hargreaves.

18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

So do you think guys like Jaelen Strong and Braxton Miller were good value picks? Honest question.

19. raining threes

Conley is a better value than those guys.

I didn't like the Strong pick

Miller couldn't make the transition to wr.