1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade for Brandin Cooks

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by zeeshan2, Apr 9, 2020.

1. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In Murray we trust!

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

J.R. with the heat!

Nook and J.R. like this.
  3. awc713

awc713 Member

The fact that we're 3rd in spending in RB and WR...oh man. What a joke. Where would you even rank those cores? Like 20th best in the league, each? Without Watson at the helm, both cores seem below average.

I may die alone on this hill, but I would've loved to add Antonio Brown. Add a clause in his contract requiring mental health/psycological evaluation and strict medication compliance. Boot him if he acts out of line. I think he'll join an NFL roster again...just a matter of which team takes the chance. The idea of Watson and Brown seems deadly.

Jared Novak likes this.
  4. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Nope, you’re not alone.

If the Texans are “going for it” as most of these moves look like and the talk about a veteran team, then exhaust all opportunities, including bringing in AB. Can’t hurt to have more talent on the team, especially the receiving core.

awc713 likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Next years headline when he doesnt want to run into brick wall: "Bill Obrien cuts disgruntled WR, Texans eat dead money"

Nook likes this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Billy Bob is a brick wall. If he asks for more money he's done.

7. Fantasma Negro

8. awc713

awc713 Member

In the past 24 hours alone, Ravens' GM has made comments about possibly signing Brown. If AB goes to BAL...whoa boy. HOU would so far in the rear-view mirror to KC/BAL that it wouldn't even be funny. Scratch that--anything involving BOB/Cal will always remain comical, but we shouldn't even play the games at that point. Could you imagine our defense trying to stop the Ravens? It's impossible. We may very well win another division championship that means nothing...again. The fact that BOB is in win-now while punting the future is so aggravating.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Another division title means a 5 yr extension for OB

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Sort of like the Titans had "NO CHANCE" against the Ravens, then dominated them?

That's why you play the games....

UTSA2step and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

u say sht like this, and in another post u say that one of the reason why BoB's playoff team get sht on is cause of the other team just having more talent.

That's why u play the game, pfft. more like mental gymnastic defense.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I know it may be hard for you to comprehend, just because someone has more talent...doesn't mean a lesser talented team CAN'T when. Hence, the term..."Any Given Sunday". That's why you play the games.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Every single other AFC South team has beaten a more talented team in the Playoffs besides the Texans. Clearly "any given sunday" does not apply to BoB.

14. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I'm still not even sure Lamar is the real deal at QB. His play is so reminiscent of Vick. It's a style that is just too easily defensed in the playoffs. Throwing another running back at it doesn't help either. Call me a contrarian, but until I see Lamar get out of diapers in the playoffs, I won't believe in him. gloves or no gloves.

put a spy on him. play mostly press man and load the box. dare him to beat you with his arm. mix up coverage occasionally and mix in a few blitzes from the blind side.

Quite obviously, i'm bored off my ass and drinking and posting about nonsense.

Cooks is gonna be fire with Deshaun. Heard an advanced stat the the rams receivers had the greatest "open" rating of all receiver cores as based off advanced analytic tracking via AWS with some ungodly spacing from nearest defender number. Cooks may have had a down year, but it wasn't all him. Think of a healthy Will Fuller.

The Texans offense was - meh without him. Even with the fashion idol formerly known as deandre hopkins. But it was fire with Fuller. Cooks and Fuller at the same time is a scary thought and give so much spacing.

#374 studogg, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 1, 2020
  15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

yet in playoffs, BoB has yet to do this. whats the excuse then?

16. Fantasma Negro

17. dmoneybangbang

I like our WR corps, we just overpaid for Cobb and didn't get what we should have from the Hopkins trade.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So we take the Rams Concussion prone 3rd reciever who's been traded 3 times and make him our one and that passes for fire? Umkay.
    Cooks won't be playing with, Brees & Sean Payton, or Brady & Belichek( McDaniels), or even Goff & Mcvay. He's got hot head Billy Bob who's going to yank the play calling duties from the OC at the first sign of trouble. So he can be the GM, HC & OC.

red5rocket and Nook like this.
  19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

2015 - QB, 2016-QB, Pats in Foxboro. 2018 - BAD OLINE, Hot Colts' Team. 2019 - Hot Chiefs offense vs. Injured Secondary. (Superbowl Champ).

20. Nook

Nook Member

That is likely true... but the Texans are paying wide receivers a fortune right now.