1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans select D'onta Foreman, RB, Texas at 3-25

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 28, 2017.

?

What do you think?

1. Love it?

122 vote(s)
    62.6%
  2. Like it?

57 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Hate it?

16 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. raining threes

I believe he tore his achilles in 2011 and finished up with the Texans in 2014. He never was the same after being injured.

red5rocket likes this.
  2. Champs

Champs Member

Exactly. Tough fvcking break on the injury and we have had more than our damn fair share. More than most teams. Kind of unreal as we have been hit hard amongst our best. But you have to keep your expectations very low on him being the player you expected after drafting him now. Make him prove you wrong, and if he does its all gravy... and know it wont be fully shown if ever until 2019. Plan ahead as if he wont for now.

raining threes likes this.
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This looks like a pretty decent RB draft.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Not a great example as Brown tore his achilles before ever playing a NFL game so hard to say how much "promise" he really had, wasn't all that big of a prospect either IIRC. But yes the list of RBs coming back from this is almost non-existent.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The biggest issue isn't the tendon. It's the calf muscle. I'm 13 months post-rupture. I've been playing soccer for 7 months. I've been working out. I cannot get my calf muscle to come back. That's where the explosiveness is lost. Now, I'm sure with the access he has to trainers and doctors that he'll be in a better place than I am...but it's still very hard to get it all the way back.

sugrlndkid likes this.
  6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Is soccer something you do for a living? Like have to do for food? How’s your work ethic?

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Well, no. If you look back in this thread from when he was injured, I was the first one saying he can recover and make a comeback. It's not a secret that rebuilding the calf muscle is the hardest to do and last thing that happens after an injury like this. Has nothing to do with my work ethic. I do daily exercises and am at the gym a couple times a week...plus playing soccer 2-3 times a week. Also my orthopedic dr. said as much. Also, there's much online that proves my point.

I never said he couldn't. I said it's difficult and those in the past that have tried to come back likely lost their explosiveness due to this issue. But taking a shot at my actual experience and knowledge with the injury is totally the right move there...

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

You are correct...the muscle atrophy is the biggest issue everyone faces after the AT rupture. Further its also hard to improve range of motion when you are essentially immobile for a prolonged period of time. And yes while he has access to world class training and physicians, the post op recovery time is very strict for everyone(cant run, jump etc for at least 6 months.) If you've had it hard, Foreman will too... its totally a crappy injury to have.

leroy likes this.
  9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Joking :rolleyes:

10. Fantasma Negro

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Looks a bit slimmer which is somewhat positive.

sammy likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

LET ME SEE YOUR WARFACE!

13. Buck Turgidson

Don't think it's what Gunny had in mind...

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wut?

15. Buck Turgidson

Huh?

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. HstnSprtsFan101

Amazing insight

19. theimpossibles1

Yeah. Not exactly inspiring confidence in the situation.

My translation: "He's probly fu**ing done but we will hold out hope for a miracle, for now."

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

If he can at least get back the feel, vision and cuts he should be serviceable in a RB group. The breakaway speed that made him a premier talent is probably gone. Being ready for the season opener is unrealistic. Pup list even...I’m not expecting a single down this year.