1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans select D'onta Foreman, RB, Texas at 3-25

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 28, 2017.

?

What do you think?

1. Love it?

122 vote(s)
    62.6%
  2. Like it?

57 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. Hate it?

16 vote(s)
    8.2%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Absolutely right.

Oh and I consider you guilty of hypnotizing Rick Smith into signing Brock, breaking Ryan Mallet's alarm clock, doing voodoo to injure Arian Foster, and stealing Ed Reed's 50K. You havent proven to me that you're innocent, so I think you are guilty.

Dankstronaut and csj like this.
  2. Newlin

Newlin Member

Ever hear of the Whizzinator?
    [​IMG]

#282 Newlin, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
    dkim1984 and smitheygerard like this.
  3. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Yeah that would be perfectly reasonable except I wasn't arrested for those charges. You realize you can be sarcastic without making yourself look like a moron right?

Like I said I don't give a damn if he does smoke weed. Just don't get caught doing that. Luckily he passed the test so likely nothing will come of this.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Donta wasn't arrested for being high either. He was arrested for possession. He is taking the tests to keep from the NFL and the Texans for punishing him. You are assuming he consumed by implying he wouldn't pass the test. Just like I'm assuming from your posts that you are guilty yourself.

Did I just prove myself innocent of looking like a moron?

5. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I literally never once said he wouldn't pass the test. I said him passing doesn't mean he never used. Learn how to read.

Okay sure possession doesn't have to mean he was using it. Maybe he was holding it for a friend. Maybe he was wrongfully arrested and was just around someone who had it. The details aren't exactly super clear.

Whatever the case. Is it really that blastphemous to suggest that a 21 yr old male that was arrested for possession of mar1juana might have actually also used it? Even if it wasn't his? Is that so hard to believe...? By all accounts he sounds like an upstanding citizen. Apparently he doesn't even drink alcohol. That's terrific!

All I was saying is where there is smoke there is usually some fire. I'm glad he tested negative, and I'm not saying even for a second he cheated the test. It's not like they had him pee in a cup while he was getting arrested. He had time... The whole one month thing is completely overblown. Especially for someone with his metabolism and access to nutrition and supplements.

Anyway, I should also remind you I simply said I was skeptical. I'm not swearing up and down that he is a pothead. It is however eyebrow raising and something to just keep an eye on going forward. If I'm head coach I don't care if he smokes an ounce per day just don't get caught. Who the hell cares... But he was arrested, and I just hope he stays out of these situations going forward.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Shark44 likes this.
  8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Looked good. So did blue, said as someone who thinks his field vision as a couch commentary guy might be greater than a pro running backs vision. He was actually hitting holes instead of his own blockers. He was actually trucking defenders.

Miller, Foreman and Blue. Ervin for kick returns. Nice depth at the running back spot.

Shark44 likes this.
  9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Agree, and Hunt has some ability as well.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

That 40+ yard run was awesome; to be that big and run that fast. Can Miller realistically be cut and foreman given the reins?

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Finally getting the opportunity to watch the first three quarters, Foreman should definitely be the featured back. If not by the end of this season, next season for sure.

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Yeah

His vision is so much better than Millers.

13. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Glad I finally got to watch because during preseason most was already saying this. I was thinking everyone was crazy but kept it to myself before actually seeing him.

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Think that's a realistic option next summer if Foreman can prove himself. There'd be a $1M in dead cap but savings of $5.75M which isn't chump change.

15. tmacfor35

It would be a smart financial move.

Miller's money can be used to upgrade our OL.

red5rocket likes this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It would be a smart football move. We went from Arian da gawd to Lamar cant find my way out a paper bag Miller. This has a lot to do with Bill being anywhere near the offense as well, but Arian worked in any system.

17. tmacfor35

Arian was criminally underrated.

He was our best Texan of all time in my opinion.(even better than Dre when you compare primes).

Offensively.

#297 tmacfor35, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    rhino17 likes this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He has looked like a beast in his few carries.

Hits the hole super fast.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

twss

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The Miller signing was always dumb on multiple levels.

First, overpaying for free agents is risky.

Secondly, RBs have short shelf life and are easy to replace.

Finally, we didn't pair him with a big back and just ran him up the middle.

Did they think this through at all or did they just see that he got 1,000 yards in Miami?