1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Release Derrick Newton

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Champs

Champs Member

Uhh what? Both these terms are not mutually exclusive. A person can indeed be both.

2. csj

csj Member

An SJW would inherently oppose race baiting, that's what an SJW is. They are mutually exclusive.

Perhaps you should understand better the insults you sling.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Players that can't help the franchise are culled, that's the way the league works, nothing wrong with it. Hate the system not the team for that.

The only mistake that was made was not cutting him sooner and avoiding this situation. Once again confirming this organizations comical lack of PR skills. Such a Mr. Magoo outfit. They seem to have issues with every decision they make, even obvious ones like this that literally every team would make.

4. Champs

Champs Member

That is completely untrue. The irony in someone being both... and they CAN and ARE both in many instances... IS the point here. Perhaps you should quit trying so hard here. Official definitions? Lol.

And perhaps you should spend more focus on the SJW raice baitors. But that wouldn’t suit you now would it? Are you a SJW by definition?

#104 Champs, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  5. csj

csj Member

Yes, it would not suit me to spend more focus on something that cannot and does not exist. Perhaps you should give an example of this race baiting SJW that you claim occurs in "many instances". I suspect your knowledge of SJW doesn't go beyond Fox News.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Derrick Newton is trash. Glad he got cut.

7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

The guy was barely serviceable with 2 good knees. I don't care to see him with 2 bad knees.

8. Champs

Champs Member

Oh there it goes. Flaming liberal give away... no wonder. Lol. Defender of social justice warrior and race baiting, seperately or together doesn’t matter I am sure. You hate those terms individually AND clearly even more-so when used together. You can have socially progressive views AND be a race baiting “victim.” Don’t be obtuse and try and draw some imagionary line in the sand. I don’t watch fox news but google is your friend. Let me guess, you watch Rachel Maddow?

#108 Champs, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  9. csj

csj Member

Sure you don't, having the language down is just coincidence. ;) Interesting that you identify me now as a "flaming liberal" for merely mentioning Fox News...right out the Fox News apologist playbook. People with an open mind see propaganda organizations for what they are, and their followers for what they are as well.

You're clearly ignorant of my short posting history; I use one of these terms myself. What I hate is hate speech and the indiscriminate use of pejoratives as a substitute for actual thought; you know...your posts. Your lords tell you what to say and you say it. No need to actually know what anything means, just follow directions from your team.

One thing's for sure, there won't be a single example of a "race baiting social justice warrior" coming from you, that is unless your favorite news shows give you one.

10. Champs

Champs Member

LMAO... you used “your lords” now that was fvcking funny. You are off your rocker and clearly have been programmed beyond repair. This is your attempt to devalue and diffuse any counter to your progressive campaigns. And NO, I do not watch Fox news. But you have been inundated by the FAR more vast and outreaching liberal media lefty machine across all conduits of influence/information. Not just talking about CNN and MSNBC. Fox news is a piss in the bucket comparidly.

Define both SJW and Race Baiting.

11. csj

csj Member

What "progressive campaigns"? Is there a shred of evidence of any "progressive campaign" on my part? Let's see it.

Uh huh, that seems totally objective and informed.

Thought so.

12. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I clicked on thread because I was just wondering why cutting D Newton had 6 pages of posts.

Good lord.

Champs and body slam like this.
  13. Champs

Champs Member

Are you not a progressive liberal? I never spoke of any specific examples did I now? I am clearly insinuating from your stance in this debate. So then... please state for the record your political leanings.

Are you saying MSNBC and CNN are not left leaning? Nor is Hollywood? Music industry? Newspapers are not majority left leaning? Magazines, online news, local news, national news syndicates, “political” comedy shows, social media, etc, etc. are all not majority left leaning? Heck turn on Netflix and you will notice the SJW docs on the first page. And don’t pretend that even our main sports network isn’t left leaning. Higher education? Sh*t, even our teachers and admins were advocating walkouts in high school. It goes on and on and its rather comical when the liberal scolds Fox news... and in this case uses “your lords” when the realm of influence from the left is far far more vast.

Lol, so you aren’t going to give your definition that would prove that these traits or terms can not coexist within an individual? Thought so.

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

What a train wreck of a thread. What does seem to be clear is that Bob McNair is a liability to the organization. The sooner this guy turns over the reigns to his son the better. He’s an anchor weighing down the GM, coaches, and players. I’m pretty amazed that Honey Badger signed here considering.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would argue that the "fans" pimping out that narrative are the liability to the organization....or at least they are attempting to be. In reality no one really cares about them or their BS, so it's nothing more than an annoyance.

csj and Champs like this.
  16. Champs

Champs Member

Bingo. We are ETREMELY lucky to have an NFL team in this city again. Odds were far stacked against us. On top of beating the odds McNair was instrumental in getting this city 2 Super Bowls and has done so much for charity and the community.

There are 330 million people in this country and like 12-15 actual franchise QBs. They do not grow on trees. Yet without one the Texans absolutely have been competitive despite, and now we have our first one since Moon. Texans have proven to be able to build a roster. And yet, the idiot sheep crowd has turned on Bob with the help of the soundbite media. I hope those that have turned on McNair get less joy out of watching the Texans win from here on out.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He was pretty good before his first knee injury

He was also like a 7th round pick

18. csj

csj Member

So you can't find any "progressive campaigns" that I am waging.

Stop changing the conversation. Is insult all you got?

The more you talk, the more embarrassing it gets for you. Good thing you don't watch Fox News, wow I was really wrong on that. ;)

There is no "my definition", I don't play that game. You can't define these terms because you don't understand them and only parrot what you hear. As for "these traits or terms can not coexist" already said why in posts 82 and 102. Try to keep up.

19. raining threes

I would rather not have a team than a McNair lead org telling me that signing 3 backup OL is going to fix the OL. Meanwhile the Jags sign the number one rated OG.

Will they be better than last yr? Yes, Did they go cheap trying to fix the OL? If you're being honest it's like the old man doesn't even care what he puts on the field, as long as the fans continue to show up and drink their beer and eat BBQ.

#119 raining threes, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Then stop following the team. Easy fix.