1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans acquire Laremy Tunsil

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 31, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. YES

56.1%
  2. NO

43.9%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

How much of that time is Deshaun using for scrambling around? If you can't attribute all sacks to the line then you can't attribute time to throw to just the line either.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's fair but I'm not attributing all of the sacks to Watson but the narrative around the Texans is that the Oline sucks. Watson gets sacked 6 times and the narrative is that the Oline is garbage. I just don't see it, it looks like the stats don't say that either, I think we have holes elsewhere now, like on defense and in the secondary, and that the oline should probably be left alone and time to gel.

raining threes and whag00 like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

This lets me know that PFF doesn’t really mean much

juanm34 likes this.
  7. vince

vince Member

Folks, the Texans have an Offensive Line unit!!!!

And Tunsil is the anchor....

Zero sacks this week. And last week all but one sack was attributed to Watson (OL protected him). So this unit is telling Watson, do your magic. Show us your skill; lead this team into the next level.

raining threes and plutoblue11 like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

PFF Rankings: Top Offensive Linemen Rankings through Week 5

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-top-offensive-linemen-rankings-through-week-5

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

As expected, this trade is materializing into a very good one. Getting Stills back soon and for the rest of the season will add to the value of it but Tunsil's play has been what we were hoping for. He has the left side locked up!!

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

12. dookiester

dookiester Member

Plus Ben Jones at 2nd best center

13. raining threes

They didn't have the picks to fix the OL in 2018.

In the 1st draft where BOB was aligned with Gaine, they picked Howard/Scharping in Rds 1-2 and when BOB became the min shotcaller he traded for Tunsil.

Even if you disagree with the Tunsil trade, BOB fixed the OL with talented young OL in his 1st season as a shot caller. Surely you can see the difference with BOB running the show vs Rick Smith.

If you want to criticize BOB for TO usage,challenges, long developing routes, simplifying the offense for DW4, then that's a fair criticism. The fixing of the OL isn't.

14. raining threes

Brooks was a screw up by the exans medical staff and BOB had very little patience with him. Letting Jones go I was in favor of since I thought he was avg at best. Of course Martin got hurt right off of the bat. The pick that really set this franchise back was the XSF pick. Fans wouldn't have had to go through the Fitz/Hoyer/Mallett/Os yrs if Smith had picked Jimmy G instead of XSF.

Oh well, water under the bridge now the Texans have a good young QB who still has a lot to learn and a good young OL that's starting to gel.

15. raining threes

Smith didn't want to pay top dollar for Brooks and I dont blame him since he had health issues. Philly Dr.'s > Texans Dr.'s.

16. raining threes

Quoted for Truth

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Beside a few false starts (due to synergy?). He's playin well.

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Ok the texans are definitely better than i thought they would be.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I like what BOB did with the Oline I really do but Rick always had great Oline protection for Schaub so I can’t really say that was an issue during Ricks tenure as GM.

Rick gets hated on way to much he built a great team that lost their QB to the lisfranc injury. After that schaub wasn’t the same.

Those teams were really good on both sides of the ball.

20. raining threes

A great team? They never made it to an AFCCG. In fact BOB has made it as far as those teams did.

Rick had Alex Gibbs. A GOAT OL coach. Brown was his pick. (Brown was talented but raw.) Gibbs also had Rick trade a late rd pick for a backup C from Denver who turned into a pro bowler. Myers.

Plus Gibbs had the Colorado St. connection ( Briesel)

Tell me about Rick's 2nd thru 4th rd picks. Which is why when injuries hit the Texans had no depth.