1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrorist Attack in Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.krdo.com/news/breaking-active-shooter-reported-at-planned-parenthood/36684340

A shopping center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, was on lockdown Friday as police searched for a shooter near a Planned Parenthood facility there.

At least three officers were injured, Commander Kirk Wilson with the Colorado Springs Police Department told reporters. Officials at hospitals in the area said they were expecting the arrival of four patients, one of whom had a gunshot wound to the arm.

"We don't have the suspect yet and we do consider this still an active situation," Lt. Catherine Buckley told reporters. There could be hostages and there could be an additional shooter at large, she said.

"There are a lot of possibilities with this scenario," she said. "As I said, it is very active and we are working our way through it."

It was not immediately clear whether Planned Parenthood was the target of the shooting.

"We're not sure what the connection is to Planned Parenthood, but that was the original address we received for the call for service," Buckley said.

Witness: Police swarmed area

Brigitte Wolfe, who said she works in the area of shooting, told CNN that she saw about five officers behind a building with their guns drawn, as well as about three SWAT vehicles and roughly seven police cars from her vantage point in a strip mall that's across the street from the Planned Parenthood. A grocery store and bank are nearby, Wolfe noted.

Photos taken by Kody Fisher, a reporter with CNN affiliate KXRM, showed an ambulance and, in another picture. at least two police officers crouched behind a patrol car an ambulance at one intersection.

Colorado Springs police tweeted that the shooting took place on Centennial Boulevard. A newspaper in the city, The Gazette, reported that traffic was shut down in both directions on that road and that customers were told to stay put in a nearby grocery store and shops.

That sentiment was echoed by Colorado Springs police, who warned around 12:20 p.m. (2:20 p.m. ET) that the area was "not secure" that those in a nearby shopping center should "shelter in place."

At a grocery store in the shopping center, an intercom announcement told shoppers not to leave.

The city, in the central part of the Colorado, has more than 400,000 residents.

Planned Parenthood is a national health care provider that delivers reproductive health care and sex education to women and men throughout the United States. The organization runs nearly 700 health centers throughout the United States, according to its website.

The group says each year 2.7 million people in the United States visit its health centers for health care services and information.

Copyright 2015 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

This was a shooting that took place at an abortion clinic.

Azadre, a muslim immigrant, is trying to paint this in the same light as mass attacks carried out by muslims across the globe. Given the context, it's an absurd comparison... but we've all seen how rats scurry for survival in the sewers.

No low, is too low.

This is how the modern muslim operates. Creeping, crawling in the shadows, never wanting to accept responsibility or fault for what is causing moderates to turn radical, and always pointing the blame on Westerners asking them to integrate by reforming a religion of hateful and violent rhetoric they CAN NOT seem to transcend.

After all...it's what Mohammed would have wanted.

It's 2015, and people like Azade have no place in civilization. Unfortunately, they know it and prey on the emotions of the weak.

Stay strong brothers. Don't let him groom you like the countless muslim girls who are sexually groomed from as low as 8.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I see no difference between a domestic terrorist and a foreign one. Terrorism is terrorism. I haven't heard anything about who this shooter is but does it really matter? If the guy is a Klan member, one of the BLM people, or an ISIS member does it change anything?

4. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Given the state of world affairs and objectives of certain ideologies -- absolutely.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I very much disagree. There's no difference in domestic terrorists burning down towns or going on shooting sprees and foreign terrorists planting bombs and going on shooting sprees. Both have the same objective, terrorize the public in order to further political agendas....that's what makes them terrorists.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Some of you need to learn to read. From the article in the OP:

"It was not immediately clear whether Planned Parenthood was the target of the shooting."

Please get back with us when there are some actual facts to go along with the shootings of these three police officers.

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

From the Colorado Springs Gazette:

The shooting situation remains active and the shooter is not contained. Colorado Springs police says there is no connection to Planned Parenthood and shooting victims are getting treatment.

8. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

COLORADO SPRINGS — A man wearing hunting gear and armed with a long gun was barricaded inside a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs Friday after repeatedly opening fire on police, injuring four officers and an unknown number of civilians, police said.
    link

I'm sure it's totally a coincidence, since no one in America has a problem with Planned Parenthood. Still silence from the Moderate Christians.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Honey Bear doesn't know the definition of terrorist.

This is terrorism.

10. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Yes. We should wait until we have all the facts before we start blaming all insecure white evangelical protestant men.

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

From the Colorado Springs Gazette:

'The shooting situation remains active and the shooter is not contained. Colorado Springs police says there is no connection to Planned Parenthood and shooting victims are getting treatment. '

You were saying?

In fact, it looks like someone may have had a problem with the police, since at least three of them were shot. Who is it that has been running around applauding the killing of police officers lately?

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Sorry to be the one to interrupt a rapidly forming leftist, racist lynch-mob, already in progress. I know this is probably a big downer for some people around here.

13. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

When I think angry, disenfranchised African-American youth, my first thought is they'll dress up in hunting garb and shoot up a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs with rifles. You know, to go after the police.

From the same timeline you quoted:

Police say they do not know the connection to Planned Parenthood, but that is where the 911 call came from. Police do not know the number of shooters, the containment of the shooters, or the number of victims. Police are not evacuating neighborhoods to the north of the scene, but they are asking residents to stay inside and to avoid the area. There are still people inside the nearby businesses, and police do not know if there are any hostage situations.

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

How badly do muslims/liberals want this guy to be a christian the targeting planned parenthood

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Fixed

16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not that any of you take Honey Bear (aka Ronny) seriously, but for the record I am neither a muslim nor an immigrant. My Irish ancestors came to the US in the early 1800s.

But on a second more serious point I find his comments incredibly offensive. Who cares if a poster on here is either an immigrant or a muslim? And to completely disregard the lives affected by this terrorist event and play up the bogeyman muslim straw man is more appalling.

17. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Leftist, racist lynch-mobs are generally self-righteous campus protesters calling for "safe spaces," not men dressed in camo with rifles in a Planned Parenthood.

1 person likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Incredibly badly, which is pretty pathetic since it doesn't really matter who the terrorist is, it's the same thing.

1 person likes this.
  19. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

He also calls me "Asian" and makes presumptions about my penis size. I offered to send him a dick pic to clear up any misconceptions, but he wasn't interested in empirical evidence, thus explaining his political affiliation.

20. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I'm pretty sure you're Iranian