1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by The Real Shady, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Buck Turgidson

You mean the Keenum in '15 who had a 87.7 passer rating versus the Bridgewater who in '15 had an 88.7 passer rating?

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm really not sure why y'all continue to argue with him. Remember that old adage about arguing with an idiot.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

I know. But I like facts. Facts don't lie. Other people do.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When Bridgewater ever plays anywhere close to as good as Keenum has this season, then you can talk, till then just hope that your favorite draft bust finds a spot on an NFL roster next season.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Competent QB's make O lines look better. If they had a competent QB back in 2015, maybe that O line looks better.

6. Buck Turgidson

Uh, it ain't me, babe, no, no no. I don't give a **** about either QB, but I just showed you that they played *exactly* the same in the exact same year you were using to compare them, after you said "the Vikes would have been so much better if Keenum had been the QB in '15 instead of Teddy."

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Keenum barely played that season and like I said, what he's done this season blows away anything Bridgewater ever did and given that his career is essentially over now it's safe to say Bridgewater will never get close to the level Keenum is currently playing.

I mean, that was my point and that's what triggered the Bridgewater fanboys.

8. Buck Turgidson

Nope, sorta, but you're right, sorta.

Keenum started 5 games in '15 and 9 games in '16. That's a full season, just about. He put up the amazing numbers of a : 60.9%, 13 TD/ 12 INT, 6.1 Y/A, 189 YPG.

Bridgewater's numbers in his one full healthy season were almost identical (but frankly, better) across the board.

They're the same QB, but of course today and going forward the guy who hadn't had his leg blown up would be the better choice (loved watching Case play back in the UH days regardless).

I don't get your disdain for the one guy and the hagiography for the other, except for the UH connection.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You have to understand the level of ridiculous nonsense I had to put up with from his zealots that had him billed as the next Aaron Rodgers when I suggested that he wasn't worth using the first overall pick on in the draft.

I ran into literally dozens of "Texans fans" who talked about this kid as if he was their child and would respond to any legitimate criticism as if someone had kicked a puppy.

There are even some of them that refuse to admit that they greatly overrated him.

10. Buck Turgidson

I paid no attention to the "Bridgewater should be drafted #1" contingent back then, it was never realistic. In the 2nd or 3rd round, sure. The Carr Crew was the same to me, I knew they were not going to draft him, so why bother b****ing about it?

What do you think would have happened if Keenum hung on as the 2/3 QB in Houston after Kubiak left?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing. The Texans don't have very good offensive coaches. I think it was him falling into the right situation in Minnesota that made him the QB he is right now. That couldn't have happened here.

12. Buck Turgidson

I'm so happy for him, he reminds me of Brees.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

To be honest, I was happy for him when he ended up on a roster for enough seasons to be fully vested in the league when it comes to retirement and health benefits, I didn't expect he'd even get that. It's amazing how much better he's doing this season.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So I suppose Case Keenum didn't make the Rams o line look better last season then?

I love tearing apart your arguments.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I love that you think you are capable despite all of the evidence to the contrary.

What QB has looked good with Jeff Fisher coaching them in the past 20 years? Hell Steve McNair never managed to pass for 4000 yards at any point in a Jeff Fisher offense. Goff looked like the worst QB ever under Fisher, now that he's gone, Goff is looking pretty damn good.

Coaching matters.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol so now coaching, but then how come under your proclaimed "offensive guru" Gary Kubiak, Case Keenum never came close to Teddy Bridgewater's QB ratings in Teddy's 1st 2 NFL seasons?

You lost and your argument sucks, get over it.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL you're adorable. Keep fighting the good fight for your draft bust and everyone else can keep watching Keenum give the best Vikings QB performance since Favre.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fulgore likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Fulgore likes this.