1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. prohibido

prohibido Member

Cover for firing Rosenstein.

2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Tens of thousands of bombs are dropped every year. Are you suggesting these are tens of thousands of distractions every year?

It amuses me you think Stormy and Comey are the story. They are the distraction. Who cares about either? Besides you.

cml750 likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In fairness, the answer is "Democrats".

Democrats care about Stormy and Comey.

cml750 likes this.
  4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This is classic

nsfw

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I'm no explosion expert but I am aware of how chemical factories work and don't see the benefit to explode them in order to protect people from the chemicals manufactured there. You would expect a manufacture facility would have substantial amounts of chlorine gas stored.

Nook likes this.
  6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Bombing Syria was worth it just for the amount of Alex Jones content

7. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

We have weapons that can destroy chemical weapon stockpiles. They have weapons to do it in areas that are populated and other kinds of weapons for more remote locations. Basically incinerate vs dissipate.

We never learn. Toppling dictators makes it worse in that part of the world. Nobody even knows who we are fighting with or for. Not to mention the irony of bombing a country to protect innocent civilians... the same people Trump wants to stop from entering our country at all.

I hope our men and women in uniform stay safe and get the job done as fast as possible. I don't need to see anymore of my guys with disabled veteran plates.

#47 Redfish81, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  8. Buck Turgidson

Gen Joseph Dunford listed three targets that had been struck:
    • A scientific research facility in Damascus, allegedly connected to the production of chemical and biological weapons
    • A chemical weapons storage facility west of Homs
    • A chemical weapons equipment storage site and an important command post, also near Homs

Syrian state television said government forces had shot down more than a dozen missiles, and claimed only the research facility in Damascus had been damaged.

Three civilians had been injured in Homs, it said.

US Secretary of Defence James Mattis told journalists there were no reports of US losses in the operation.

In his earlier address, President Trump had said: "We are prepared to sustain this response until the Syrian regime stops its use of prohibited chemical agents."

But Secretary Mattis said that "right now, this is a one-time shot". Gen Dunford confirmed the wave of strikes had ended.

[this is a bbc article, I'd paste the url but for whatever reason every link I post here gets turned into a media/video clip, whatever]

9. TheresTheDagger

Hmmmm....yeah not so much John.

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

The story is that the FBI is closing in on the President’s personal attorney. They knew he met with the Russians in Prague in mid-2016 (his denial at the time was used to discredit the Steele dossier). They have recordings of him making arrangements with the p*rn star’s old lawyer. They have other tapes, lots of them. It now appears that Cohen was the common thread whenever money changed hands between the campaign and the mistresses/hackers/oligarchs they were paying at any given time.

Cohen is absolutely ****ed and now trump gets to sweat it out waiting to see what these tapes reveal, and to see if good ol’ Mike stays strong or flips on him.

Personally, I am more interested in the reason for Ryan quitting so abruptly. I absolutely believe several GOP members of Congress are compromised and that the criminal investigation into Cohen will be enlightening on that front.

Bottom line - Syria is the distraction.

#50 finalsbound, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Deckard and mdrowe00 like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The same people who say they stopped the Iranian nuclear program....

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, that isn't at all accurate. The Syrian deal had the Russians as guarantors. Iranian deal had actual inspections and much more rigorous verification.

https://www.iaea.org/newscenter/focus/iran

No Worries likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah yes, actual inspections when and where the Iranians allow them to inspect with certain sites deemed permanently off limits. A brilliant example of diplomacy.

Let's face it, if there weren't chemical weapons attacks since the Obama administration declared all chemical weapons were removed from Syria we'd have people still parroting that BS too.

cml750 likes this.
  14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently, you didn't read the link I sent. It looks like that you instead said more things that just aren't accurate. The IAEA inspectors are granted complimentary access to any site in Iran.

There was some contention with Iran over that exact point. That could be where some of the confusion comes into play. However, towards the end of 2017, the IAEA inspectors were indeed granted more access.

https://www.iaea.org/newscenter/new...dge-of-its-nuclear-programme-director-general

I know that given your history, you never let actual facts get in the way of whatever narrative you wish to believe and will ignore the actual facts. But just for the record what you've said about the deal hasn't been accurate.

Deckard, Nook, mdrowe00 and 3 others like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

....and if we were talking about getting the chemical weapons out of Syria years back you'd be touting that propaganda as "actual facts" to be used as "proof" that the Obama administration successfully got the job done.

Now if you want to get back to reality, Iran has insisted that all military sites are off limits to the inspectors and that hasn't been challenged. Inspectors have never checked military sites related to Iran's nuclear program....so while sure, they are doing a bang up job checking the 18 or so civilian sites that iran has allowed them to check, is that really enough to verify that the program has been shut down rather than just moved to military sites that are off-limits?

I know, you'll tell me that they are technically not off-limits, but given that Iran says they are, and the inspectors have never challenged that, it's kind of hard to suggest that they really aren't off-limits.

cml750 likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Two Scoops may be happy that it can serve as a distraction, but any time you get (these days especially) France, UK and the USA to collaborate on a joint strike, it's an event, not purely a tail-wagging-the-dog thing.

Why the world is still on about chemical weapons versus all the other horrors, like drones taking out civilians at a wedding, etc., I'm not totally sure, but there we have it.

The bigger news for citizens of the USA is certainly how this investigation plays out and whether or not certain people are completely above the law or not. Syria is pretty minor compared to this test of our government's basic structure and functioning.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We already got that answer as a result of the Hillary Clinton investigation and yes, certain people are completely above the law apparently. I mean, we should know that as a fact now.

cml750 likes this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Mueller needs to investigate the UN for colluding with Trump to distract from the Stormy Daniels presidential scandal.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't give him any ideas.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member