1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Supporting Clutchfans

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by OTMax, Apr 30, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

I’d be happy to contribute, but there are just too many assholes on this board. It’s very sad and I feel bad for @Clutch and mods, but there’s a way to deal with it and while you might lose dozens of regular posters, at least the discussions are more likely to be insightful and respectful.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I hope you dun leave this time.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You badly need to get over yourself.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

u seem to be pretty sensitive

5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

LOL.

The guy who hasn't donated to the site in fifteen (15) years is now threatening @Clutch to withhold his $30 unless Clutch bans the people he wants.

krnxsnoopy likes this.
  6. OTMax

OTMax Member

Maybe I put it too strongly and I know freedom of speech and all that and though Clutchfans is solid, there’s boards where every post is picked apart and filled with personal attacks - during Lin’s years it was pretty bad in here at time - I see enough posts that if I ran a board would lead to at least open warnings by mods, maybe temporary and permanent bans.

I’ve been warned on here and go overboard so was warranted. I am an emotional fan - which leads to some swearing here and there - and some people don’t get that which is fine. But to actually attack me for starting too many threads, being less enthused about our 3pt philosophy and doubting MDA and Harden, but also seeing people mock new posters, using their years of being here as an excuse for disrespecting someone or thinking they are better because of it just doesn’t sit well with me.

With regards to threads, most of which I personally feel contribute something, I put time into my OP as I’m sure others do and also as some of you know they can be quite long, the first few posts you can just count on someone to derail the thread and piss all over it. Not just with mine.

Yeah maybe I’m too sensitive and this is just the way it is since the internet brings out the worst in people, but to me moderators are there to remind people of a certain decency - code of conduct or standard - that should be expected from all of us. That includes me, but you can just see pretty much anything goes on here so it drags the quality down and I’m not just going to let people say whatever. I’ve learned to put people on ignore though so that helps.

I don’t expect Clutch to ban people for me to contribute, but I’ve seen plenty of people pissed off about certain individuals and complaining about the quality of the board at times so I’m sure i’m not the only one who feels something needs to be done to clean it up a bit. I actually asked the board to close this account, so I could start a new one and see if maybe then people would react differently.

da_juice likes this.
  7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I remember my first day on the internet.

Rashmon, Harrisment, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Listen man, I'm the first one to back you up on a lot of the threads...but come on. No need to pull an ipaman and talk about contributions. Also, its part of forum debates. Just ignore the other folks. The only person hard to block off is Bobby, he just spams post after post. Even SamFisher gets tired.

TLDR, gotta suck it up bro.

krnxsnoopy likes this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, he should ban people because they hurt your feelings? You’re pouting and withholding contributions? How old are you? 10? (Sorry for insulting 10 year olds)

Here’s an idea. If you are so sensitive, leave the site. If you enjoy the site, contribute, or don’t contribute, but quit starting these types of threads. You come across as petty and snowflakey.

Invisible Fan, Reeko and moestavern19 like this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Can I come out now

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. OTMax

OTMax Member

nope, read again. I didn’t, someone else started this and took my post from the contributions thread.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Not sure what you're asking for or what your intent for opening this thread is... but... I've contributed many a times, regardless of assholes or jerks or nice people here.

In short, you're allowing other people to control your right actions (contributing).

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

How can we miss you if you won't go away?