1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith disrespects Clutch City and proves he knows nothing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I couldn't care less about Stephen A-hole or Maxipad Kellerman. I don't watch them or think of them as anything more than as shock jocks looking for cheap rating points.

Deckard likes this.
  2. cebu

cebu Member

NOBODY CAN GUARD MJ. PERIOD.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's the bottom line. He is a New Yorker. If he was from Houston, I believe that he might have given at least some respect to Clutch City.

4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Believe in your thinking. Air Jordan is the greatest player ever in many eyes, but in my eyes the greatest ever for me is Houston's Hakeem and Houston's Harden. If you stray from thinking otherwise, it is on you for following someone's judgement. Steven A knows a lot more knowledge on basketball, or sports than me, but he ain't going to ever change my feelings on my Rockets.

Speaking of Vernon Maxwell. I believe one of the trainer for MJ said that besides his client. Vernon has one of the best body in the NBA at the time of Clutch City. Too bad his brain makes him do immature stuff.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, lord yes. My significant other was afraid I was going to have an aneurysm, explode, or something. I still can't believe the network did that.

tinman likes this.
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We had a winning record against Chicago before the two championships. During '91, '92, and '93, the Rockets played them 6 times during the regular season, 2 games a year for 3 years with Maxwell. No one is going to say that Max "stopped" Jordan, but he made him work and it impacted the games. We could play the Bulls with single coverage on Jordan from Vernon Maxwell. That made a big difference, in my opinion. Jordan was typically getting double teamed. Hell, teams threw the kitchen sink at him. We threw Mad Max and it worked for 3 seasons. Yes, the main reason we beat them was Olajuwon, of course, but Max made an impact. In my opinion, and I am not alone.

Hakeemtheking and tinman like this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I told you brother
    We have fans who never experienced or witnessed what really happened
    But think they can confidently believe what they say as truth

Like a kid playing call of duty thinking they know how World War Two was

8. tinman

Supporting Member

You know nothing and capital letters are Stephen a smith technique of yelling

Delete your account now

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That video was cool.

tinman likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

These lil xan listening fake fans don’t want to be educated

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I am surprised he can speak @ all with MJ's *ock and balls in his mouth....

12. cebu

cebu Member

and you only know ONE THING - ROCKETS BASKETBALL. You're BLIND to see other player's achievements.

Delete my account? You're an arrogant old fool.

13. cebu

cebu Member

it won't be easy everynight but MJ knows other ways to win that's why he's the most dominant player in his position.

Reminds me of Tyron Lue clearly stopping AI from getting a championship in teh finals. That you can say he really stopped AI.

14. fattz

fattz Member

State of the Union:
    It’s a slow day and all is well...

Some here are getting worked up because there is a talking head (that will always take the opposing view to try and debate) is talking about our shooting guard from about a quarter of a century ago. That was replaced in the starting line-up and walked out on his team then apologized some 20 years later. (forgive doesn’t mean forgot).

It’s a great day to be a Rocket fan

15. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

I believe Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time. And I agree that nobody could guard him for 48 minutes.

But Max did something better. He couldn't shut him down - he SCARED him.

Jordan was so accustomed to his own alpha dog status by the 90's that the rest of the league bought into it. Opposing guards went into matchups with him with an almost embarrassing reverence. I remember reading that guys were afraid to look him in the eye, lest he take it as a provocation. Jordan didn't need much motivation to raise his game. Even those who pretended to accept the challenge, like starks from the knicks talking endless trash before any knicks-bulls games, seemed to do it with a lump in their throat and cold sweat on their forehead. The vast majority of the time Jordan saw through the charade and inevitably chewed them up and spit them out.

Max never had that awe aspect. I'm sure he respected Jordan as an opponent, but he never feared going up against him; in fact, I think he relished it. And he took advantage of his reputation as a loose cannon. Jordan was a notorious trash-talker, but Vernon threw that back at him to such a degree and with such vitriol and menace that Jordan apparently asked him to calm down and just play basketball. Even when Jordan did well against him, Max never stopped, never doubted and never backed down. There might have been guys who defended Jordan better from a tactical standpoint, but I'd be willing to bet that there were few that Jordan hated facing more than Vernon.

Hakeem was and will always be The Man. But Mad Max was The ****.

Deckard and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Maxwell slowed Jordan down more than anyone, but he still quit on the team. If you can't forgive T-mac then you can't forgive Maxwell.

For the record, I forgave both.

17. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

But Maxwell has expressed regret for the way he acted in the 94-95 playoffs. As far as I know, Tracy has never acknowledged any wrongdoing on his part for the way his career played out in Houston.

In addition, he seems to go out of his way to crap on the Rockets, and especially Harden. It reeks of sour grapes and fear of being surpassed.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

T-mac didn't fake an injury, he really was injured and was facing the end of his career. I am not sure how a player is suppose to apologize for an injury.

19. Nero

Nero Member

Fun fact - I was at the first NBA game David Robinson played, pre-season that is.. happened to be in San Antonio that weekend, and we ended up with tickets to the game.

Obviously the whole city was buzzing about having this awesome new stud center Robinson.. but the Spurs had this crazy young guard on their team too who was a hoot to watch, even back then. Yep, Vernon Maxwell. I don't remember much about the game at all, it was a pre-season game after all. But I have always remembered Vernon in that game, as well as seeing Robinson play against other NBA players for the first time. And I remember being happy we got Maxwell, because even back then you could see that he was the kind of guy who would not back down from someone like MJ.

Deckard likes this.
  20. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Right?! It’s like you’re asking for it. You’re clicking on it, creating a thread, writing stuff down, reading all the responses? All because you hate the guy. You just upped his online visibility by like .5% or less. Jokes on you.

amaru likes this.