1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "Deandre Jordan wants to be traded to the Houston Rockets"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Hardashian, Jan 16, 2018.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Is Clint softer than Yao?

2. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

never said he's the missing piece but he is for sure an upgrade.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

I know you are trolling, but yes, he is right now. Yao couldn't jump worth a lick but at 7'6" with legs the size of tree trunks he was a beast to handle down low. Sure, he would get winded and punked now and then but he was a masterful offensive player, knowing how to use his size and inherent limitations.

That being said, I wonder if Capela will ever put that tantalizing mix of athleticism and skill together and become a true all star.

amaru, s3ts and topfive like this.
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I just don't see a financially feasible way to make it happen, just like the Melo trade.

Would the Clippers be willing to eat Anderson's contract if we include Capela given Capela is a FA, seems highly unlikely. Is Jordan such an upgrade from Capela that it's worth trading Gordon, no. Same could be said for Ariza, and what benefit would the Clippers have for adding role players.

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lol how am i trolling? it was an honest and valid question.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just hard to imagine a way to make it beneficial for us.

You would have to find a way to move Capela and Anderson for an upgrade at the four, then roll it into a deal to use Anderson's salary as filler for a Jordan trade. Nothing really comes to mind.

7. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

There's a chance this happens. If DAJ and Paul are willing to take less so LeBron can be signed then you have to make the trade with Capela and Anderson the other way. Yes it sucks long term to lose Capela but he will get big $$$ offers we probably can't match if we want LBJ. The upside of getting rid of Anderson is huge, just to rid themselves of the contract. I think right now DAJ is still better just with his better strength inside.

Ming The King likes this.
  8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

CP3, Beard, Ariza, GG, and Jordan all waiting in the tunnel for Blake Griffin.

rockpileindisma, DonKnock and Soneca like this.
  9. jacoby

jacoby Member

Replacing capelas cap hold with DeAndre makes it impossible to sign LeBron, even if DJ takes a paycut.

10. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

I disagree

rockpileindisma likes this.
  11. today

today Contributing Member

#51 today, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    BigMaloe, Deuce, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

13. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Great off the bench.

14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Same, but as good as capella is, DJ is a much more impactful player who does everything cap does but better. DJ is taller, bigger, stronger and even more athletic. He’s among the best rim protectors in the league.

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. OTMax

OTMax Member

I’ll take that over Ryno and Capela, but don’t see it happening. We need to look to next year though, we not winning this year with a soft ass front court like we have.

amaru likes this.
  16. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I dont see Cap developing into much more than he is. Will he get better at what he does? Sure, but if you can get DJ who is already a more impactful player at a cheaper price, then it shouldn’t even be a question. Afterall, we are in win now mode.

cdxiong and amaru like this.
  17. amaru

amaru Member

Definitely

18. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I dont see it, but maybe.

19. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I wouldn't blame him, the clippers reek of nepotism, underachievement, regret, and teen angst, with a massive inferiority complex to top it off.

BigMaloe, Nook, pugsly8422 and 2 others like this.
  20. jch1911

jch1911 Member

If DeAndre makes it known absolutely to Clippers that he won't be re-signing (with any team other than Rox)
    3 team trade:
    HOU: Jordan (LAC)
    LAC: F/C Derrick Favors (UTH) + G/F Joe Johnson (UTH) + F/C Ekpe Udoh (UTH) + Miami's 2nd (via HOU) + rights to Isaiah Hartenstein (via HOU)
    UTH: F Ryan Anderson (HOU) + 2020 1st (HOU) + C/F Tarik Black (HOU) + C/ F Chinanu Onuaku (HOU) + rights to Sergio Llull (via HOU)

Jordan comes to Htown to create best big man rotation in league

Clips get a solid post presence in Favors and a vet wing (Johnson). Udoh is front-court depth. 2nd round pick reduces "sting". Plus they add cap space to pursue big name FA (Lebron?) Hartenstein should be a Jerry West favorite.

Jazz add 3 point shooting (Ryan) to surround Gobert. Plus they get additional front court depth (Black & Onuaku). Llull can play with Rubio - his BFF. 1st round pick to absorb the hit on Ryno's contract.