1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: CP3 is the biggest loser of the offseason. Thunder is better than Houston.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 25, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yeah, they will throw Melo under the bus, real fast.
    And they will create some WB and George rift in order to write more articles about Lakers getting George.

2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Good to see you posting here again, Batman. As always, I agree with your take 100%. But most of what you said should be common sense, it just sucks that sense isn't all that common around here these days.

3. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Stephen A is a ****ing douchebag but he ain't wrong here.

AirBud#10 likes this.
  4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Stephen A probably doesn't even know who Capela is. I'm convinced they only know who is on the lakers, Knicks and like the top 20 players

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Westbrook deserves the MVP over Harden again because he had insane stats with no help from an aging Carmelo and a foot-out-the-door PG13. Harden, on the other hand, had a much better supporting cast in CP3, Sixth Man of the Year Eric Gordon, and $20M-a-year star Ryan Anderson."

Deuce, ROXonROXonROX and AirBud#10 like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

That 3rd star is already there, named Eric Gordon.

What was Morey supposed to do, make the team worse just to get Melo? Thats just dumb. Lol@OKC being better than Houston, all their star players are lame ducks and gonna be gone in 1 year.

This isn't NBA 2k, this is real life where fit and chemistry matters more than just plain talent. Lets see how 3 ball dominant mid range shooters get along lmao.

topfive likes this.
  7. onreego

onreego Member

Narrative will be that Melo is a cancer and is pushing out PG & Westbrook since he likely will opt-in to his $27 mil.

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

Wake me up when Westbrook wins the NBA title. Not a bunch of media titles.

Nook and MONON like this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He's pretty right there, as much as we don't like it

10. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

I will just quote it again ICYMI.
    Screw Melo. Did you see him laughing at the reporter that asked his opinion in case he needed to come of the bench? Pathetic.

11. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Lol it’s funy how when rumors was that Melo was coming to Houston they were saying he wouldn’t improve us that much. Now in okc they are almost champs. We will see

Cp3 has a year to see how good we can be.
    Cant wait for the season to start. We will show them wrong

12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Westbrook needs to be surrounded by subservient role players. Guys that will literally move out of his way so he can get that stat line right. Haphazardly acquiring disgruntled or aging stars and putting them next to a hotheaded ball dom will be entertaining, but I doubt successful.

topfive likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

has CP3 or Harden said anything yet about missing out on Melo?

14. illwil29

illwil29 Member

Complete homerism at it's best. Not here to debate about who's better just upset we did not get Melo. Please take your NBA 2k comment somewhere else.

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I stopped listening when he said OKC would have 4 defenders around Melo, and he was referring to a lineup with Westbrook in it.

16. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i wanted melo - simply for the recruiting power next offseason. OKC wont beat GSW and neither with HOU (unless GSW has injuries). frankly, i dont mind rooting for the OKC... i mean.. durant bails like a wuss. then the mid-market team he left challenges GSW with a few additional stars after RW wins MVP... great story line.

17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

The volume was off, but I saw Harden taking questions today and he seemed down in the dumps. Maybe he was just tired or I was projecting.

18. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

damn you are good

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's pathetic for okc to bring him off the bench lol

hajkov likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Harden should have walked out in plain gray sweats with a fat suit on underneath, just to freak out the media.