1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith - “Chris Paul wants out”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheSource, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

OMG Trade Harden ….

But remember 14-68.

That's what happened the last time they traded the League MVP …. who buy the way won a championship and a Finals MVP to boot that season.

Then 29-63.

But hey , go ahead and dump the MVP and lets see if they can get a month's worth of wins in an entire season or if they can match Morey's lowest win total for a season over the next two and you aren't even guaranteed a top 3 pick.

TEXNIFICENT and RudyTBag like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If our offense is getting highly efficient shots and scoring, that truly doesn’t matter. The defense however does matter.

I’m not sure why you simpletons can’t grasp. Too much First Take for you.

onreego and harold bingo like this.
  3. Raiden87

Raiden87 Member

if Chris Paul wants out he can just retire.

J Sizzle, Mazulis and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  4. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Because I haven't watched years of Harden standing near half court when he doesnt have the ball.

I haven't watched Harden lose a ball and walk back the other way.

Your freaking delusional if you dont think the offense is catered to Harden holding the ball and taking plays off.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stephen A.:

I definitely think bodies can change. I reported last week Chris Paul, from what I was being told, under ideal circumstances would like to be gone from Houston. I had that on very reliable sources. If he could move on, he'd like to move on. That doesn't mean he'll hold out but he'd like to move on.

(D'Antoni)Ownership offered $5M + 1M for each round you end up winning, incentive based. You had an opportunity to win. You've won games, got to a Conference Semifinals/Finals but that's not good enough. Everyone is fixated on Daryl Morey, he's the face of the franchise. Daryl Morey is exceptional but he answers to owner Tilman Fertitta. He inherited a lot of the stuff. He as the new owner wanted to feel his way through things. He is not the guy that picked Mike D'Antoni, that decided to give Chris Paul that money. Leslie Alexander made these decisions & promises & Tilman had to honor it. Tilman doesn't believe in this squad presently constructed. There's a change that has to place somewhere. Either you change the roster or you change the head coach. Something will have to give.

Jimmy Butler & Harden himself have been communicating. That's something Butler will consider. My response is I don't think it's an ideal place for Butler or ideal person to have if you're the Rockets as constructed. Mike D'Antoni likes giving the ball to Harden & running everything through him. Butler is not used to standing around & waiting to see what a guy like Harden will do. If you're Chris Paul, you can't like that but so much. If you're Butler, you sure damn won't like it based on your personality but if you're the Rockets, you've been successful to some degree doing what D'Antoni wanted to do with Harden. It does not work. Something will have to give. I don't know what it is.

6. riko

riko Member

Basically Tilman dosent believe in Paul at all

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That's fine and all, but I very much doubt we could shed his contract in a deal that would improve our team in any way, so he may be stuck here.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

10. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i hope yall know daryl has to say cp doesnt wanna be traded. you cant get good trade value from someone if the other team thinks your desperate. fantasy 101

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

trade value? as if the entire league doesn't know who cp3 is.

12. tc0330

tc0330 Member

you think youll get better value if the other person knows you wanna get rid of him or if they think you dont wanna give him up?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

his value remains what it is no matter what's going on. he isn't some 20 year old in his prime. any team in the league who would want him knows what they would be getting. that doesn't change

tc0330 likes this.
  14. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i think your missing my point. all good.

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Everybody says we can’t trade cp3 in a deal that’s makes us better well I disagree.

It’s called addition by subtraction. If the rumors are true.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

what was this team before. A first round exit. I guess if that's better to you

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Daryl wants to add one more star

J Sizzle wants to win the lottery

We all have dreams

tc0330 likes this.
  18. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

This right here. Stars are not coming here to stand in the corner and watch Harden dribble the air out of the ball waiting to get a pass with 4s left on the shot clock. Or if Harden doesn't have the ball stand in one spot pouting and demanding for the ball without making any movement to help run any offense

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He'll call Kevin Love, Paul Millsap, Rudy Gay, Conley Jr and Middleton 'stars'.

He would make those borderliners or former stars legit stars.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance