1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A Smith - “Chris Paul wants out”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheSource, Jun 14, 2019.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Let me just say that we lost this year because of CP3 NOT Harden even though everyone outside Rockets fans will blame it all on Harden as he's already labeled as this generation's biggest playoff choker because of how much hate he gets.

We really need to move on from CP3 badly and this is the perfect chance. I pray that LA fails at acquiring Kyrie and Kemba because then they would probably take us up on our offer. It's not even a matter of what we get back at this point, we just need to get rid of this stupid contract that Morey has ****ed our cap with yet again (idk how many times he needs to learn this lesson).

BigShasta likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris Paul to [insert team here] for [insert team's good players here] makes some sense for the Rockets [but definitely not the other team]. :D

[​IMG]

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No. A buyout would be w disaster for the rockets.

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Yea, buy out is far worse, still have a lot of cap tied for many years without any ability to get back any player close to Paul's caliber, even more. It would be a waste.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Jesus. The question is almost as ignorant as the idea of doing it.

I could understand if CP3 and Harden had a public feud and that is what powered this idea. They didn't. We can't even get confirmation that their spat from Game 6 happened. I get the anger and frustration fans have because of how last season ended, but have a little perspective here people.

Ramo$e, YOLO and topfive like this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

But that acorn is 10 years old! And he hasn't found another one since.

rgw20014life and daywalker02 like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Guys....

Some of y’all need to open your eyes and accept the situation that the Rockets find themselves in. They do not have a solution. There is no move available that will make us better in the short term nor the long term. They do not have an avenue to make the situation better.

8. MD_in_Training

THIS.

There is no magic to be done by Morey. There is no cavalry coming. Everything gets worse from here.

pippendagimp likes this.
  9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Chris Paul wants out.

It means CP doesn't care championship any more.

He already gets his money.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Who cares whether CP3 wants out or not? It's mostly irrelevant.

The Rockets can't get anything meaningful back for him if they wanted to, or he wanted to, or they didn't want to, or he didn't want to.

The Lakers move isn't the only one so far. Lots of teams are going to GO FOR IT. Including the Lakers getting more, but there's plenty of teams with more assets or cap space or both than the Rockets to take advantage of the GSW down year(s).

DM has some serious GM'ing to do.

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

talking about cutting ties with cp3 and getting some relief is a legit conversation regardless of spat or no spat. Cp3 looks gassed.
    Having him out there at all is becoming a negative. He hasnt looked good for a long while.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I admire all the Chris Paul trade threads or the Clint Capela trade threads and whatnot but people need to realize the reality of the situation.

Frankly...this seems like the new normal with Tilman in charge now. He’s already proven himself to be a bad owner.

13. fattz

fattz Member

The only thing we can do is trade for other bad contracts then trade our other assets to patch in the holes to make a TEAM around our once in a generation player. DM needs to stop trying to hit” homeruns” and get some “doubles” and “triples”. Get some talent that fits next to our all world player.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Huge acorns are easier to find.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The only ways I can see for our team to get better are ....

1) hope you get lucky in FA and sign someone who drastically outperforms their contract

2) internal improvement ... whether that's young players like hartenstein or Clark developing , or older guys having bounce back years .

3) better coaching that squeezes more out of the roster we do have .

I just don't think we have attractive enough assets to get a good piece from another team . We don't have any picks . We don't have any cap space .

We're gonna be looking for scraps . Typically , Morey is actually pretty good at this . He ****ed up last offseason tho . And instead of building on our depth with midseason pickups we were desperately trying to find anyone that could play .

Assuming we keep MDA (who I don't like , but whatever) ... the start of the season is gonna be key . Getting off to a strong start is the ONLY way MDA will consider expanding the rotation and spreading around the burden .... we get off to a mediocre start and MDA hits all the panic buttons and plays 7 guys and Harden 40+ minutes to try and secure a better seed .

Despite the fact that "load management" just won a title , its a foregone conclusion that MDA won't change on this .

Right now we have about 5 guys who MDA trusts . They are our starters . We're ****ed .

Those 5 guys are pretty good . Not on the warriors level , but the warriors are no longer this year . If you can't upgrade (which I don't think we can) then it's all about putting pieces around those guys that can help them get to the playoffs healthy .

J Sizzle likes this.
  16. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He could average 40-15-15 and it be meaningless if he only takes ONE shot in the last 7 minutes of crucial playoff games

17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

What does that mean? A change in scenery may be better for Harden

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Buyouts never favor the team in terms of money. Ever. Most of the time the players get their money still.

The idea that having him out there is a net negative is so deliciously funny I might not eat for a week. If your argument is he isn't living up to his amount of cap used, sure, I'll listen. But, he is far from a net negative.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It's insane how fast people turned on CP. Like they didnt know he was going to get paid and he would get older. Without him we don't win much. Harden and CP3 need to talk to out. CP has very valid arguments if they are even true. Jane's needs to stop being invisible when he doesn't have the ball.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I mean he's hated in own city by many and some think that he's holding the current group back in the playoffs. So if Morey can find a trade that's fair, Harden can get a new start and the Rockets can get the chip!