1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starbucks closing stores after 2 black men arrested

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Invisible Fan, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean clearly Starbucks isn't a business, it's a commune.

pgabriel likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's like none of these dopes have ever been to Starbucks and seen a bunch of people with laptops and books splayed out all over the place, not drinking any damn coffee. :confused::cool:

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If you aren't racist you should be boycotting starbucks right now.

Also women make horrible managers. Just the worst.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you aren't a misogynist, you shouldn't be making statements like that. I've been trying to tell people what was really going on this whole thread, and here you go coming right out and admitting it.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I just follow empirical evidence.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Following empirical evidence is clearly racist, sexist, homophobic, and transphobic. Haven't you been paying attention lately?

7. Major

Major Member

The CEO's statement that it was racist would certainly hold up in a court of law.

8. Major

Major Member

You don't seem to be very familiar with coffee shop culture or marketing - Starbucks or otherwise - if you compare the culture there to fast food. If you can find the equivalent of this on McDonalds or other fast food sites, I will apologize:

https://www.starbucks.com/about-us/company-information

It’s not unusual to see people coming to Starbucks to chat, meet up or even work. We’re a neighborhood gathering place, a part of the daily routine – and we couldn’t be happier about it. Get to know us and you’ll see: we are so much more than what we brew.

We make sure everything we do is through the lens of humanity – from our commitment to the highest quality coffee in the world, to the way we engage with our customers and communities to do business responsibly.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Would it? How would he know unless he's admitting to instituting a racist policy? His baseless opinion is no more valid than anyone else's.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Right. A chubby virgin in a trailer park's opinion > CEO of Starbucks. Nice try, Bobbo.

CometsWin likes this.
  11. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

You're smart enough to know it won't.

12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Not like McDonald from my experience. A lot of them do hang out and I'm no Starbucks fan. I go to hang out with my parents who likes real coffee than watery, diluted coffee. I only go on weekends with them to different Starbucks around my area. We would hand out there for at least 1 hour and sometimes I don't even buy coffee. The other people there stay as long, or longer than us. The people that sits usually are there for a time unless with kiddies. Starbucks is no way like Mickey D and I do go Mickey D.

Isolated incident that should never be news. Every place of work, or business there will be 1 bad apple. Too bad this bad apple got exposed.

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Following emperical evidence to judge individuals is bigotry.

Individual merit is a concept. You should learn it.

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think calling the cop on someone waiting is defintely not normal for Starbucks. Bias against black seems to make sense here, but no, there isn’t enough evidence to suggest outright racism.

Starbucks concluded themselves there is racial bias. They have more direct knowledge than any of us and that conclusion is the baseline.

I understand that this fuel the two sides. This is again part of the bigger implicit bias against black in our society on one side and no, there is no bias on the other side. I’m firmly on there is definitely bias against black in our society. We should work to improve that instead of fighting over nope and yeap...

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

By the way, the 2 jackasses came out and admitted that they flat out told the Starbucks manager that they weren't there to be a customer when she told them that they needed to buy something or leave. They said "We're just here for a meeting".....so they made it abundantly clear that they had no intention of being a customer and were only there to use their facilities as non-customers for business purposes. They then refused to leave both when the manager told them to and when cops told them to saying that "We've been working on this for months (the real estate deal)" and continued "We're days away from changing our whole entire situation and you about to sit here and tell me I can't do that? You're not doing that"

When that's your response to officers giving you a lawful order to leave a place of business, you get arrested and it's no big deal.....unless you are a person that society expects less from.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No Major I'm uncouth and I'm familiar with high overrated coffee culture.

All I was in another stupid Bobrek exchange about was recognizing non paying patrons.

He turned into it Mickey D's vs Starbucks. I did lump Starbucks into fast food because their shops function as that mainly

I know Americans wannabe Euro's hanging at large chain coffee franchises instead of large chain cheap burger franchises.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm in a Walmart McDonald's right now drinking drinking the most awesome coffee ever.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You deadass think McDonald's coffee is amazing? I mean I could see thinking that 25 years ago when coffee standards were much lower, but today? Really?

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Love it
    I'm uncouth and don't understand the culture at large franchise wannabe Euro coffee ship chains

I don't have anything against Starbucks I used to do frappacinos

Would like to hear what Magic Johnson thinks about this since he made so much money with Starbucks

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Regardless of what happened I have a problem with the reaction

Starbucks is essentially saying they don't condone whatever happened so why are people marching against, one idiot manager

Black people will always be unhappy and our poor won't try if we keep saying the system is against you

Hispanics come here build and improve and don't get caught up in stupid one off incidents. The positive attitude of appreciating what can be achieved here makes a difference

They don't even March against Trump hateful rhetoric. We on the other hand look for things to complain about

I work with a lot of general labor jobs and black guys talk about racism everyday. And it hurts when they don't understand simple things like the job is finished. That's the reason the job ended not racism for example