1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Starbucks closing stores after 2 black men arrested

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Invisible Fan, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Is this an overreaction? They don't do this at Dunkin Donuts or are there too many popo there?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nscious-bias-training/?utm_term=.ef34c7b07887

PHILADELPHIA — Starbucks will close more than 8,000 U.S. stores for an afternoon next month to train employees after two black men were arrested while waiting at one of the coffee chain’s Philadelphia stores last week.

The “racial-bias education” training is scheduled for May 29 for nearly 175,000 employees, the company said in a statement Tuesday.

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Some people are so stupid, wonder how they got to be managers.

edwardc and adoo like this.
  3. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Starbucks refuses to kick out the homeless. One reason I no longer go there. Same with Dunkin.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Good PR move.

The other thing they can do is start kicking out white teenagers for loitering without buying anything and post videos of it on their social media pages.

5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The liberals are eating their own. Nothing to see here.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm not being a jerk. It's no big deal either way. There will always be idiots.

Houston has two large roaster/grinders. I've worked at both.

Most Houstononians are familiar with the one immediately east of downtown on Harrisburg. It's like the largest coffee plant in the world. It was actually built by Henry Ford and converted to process food in the fifties.

Another plant is off navigation near wayside. The larger plant has changed hands several times. The last time they had the McDonald's account. McDonald's buys it's own beans. They buy a high quality bean. They got caught stealing out of McDonald's inventory and lost the account. The smaller plant now has the account

McDonald's has the most respected coffee in the industry. Starbucks is so overrated

tmoney1101 and JuanValdez like this.
  7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Lmao at McDonalds having the most "respected coffee"!

Yeah and Taco Bell has the most respected beef in the industry.

HakeemOnlyFan and Invisible Fan like this.
  8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What?

DreamShook, tmoney1101 and R0ckets03 like this.
  9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

What is a grinder and how do you work there? :confused:

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

And yet, somehow, when I drink their coffee, I don't like it so much. The problem must be me.

HakeemOnlyFan and Deckard like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I actually like McD's coffee over Starbucks.

DudeWah and pgabriel like this.
  12. Exiled

Exiled Member

coffee naturally is unpleasant without the artificial scents and flavors

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You do realize the process of making the beans into how you receive the coffee is grinding

What is hard to understand about that.

I'm surprised there are so many"are you crazy" responses. In particular the McDonald's coffee isn't roasted as long as other brands. It has a softer taste and that's why I like it

14. edwardc

edwardc Member

This just another case of being black and minding your own business and some sorry excuse of a manager who gets on a power trip.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We drink Ruta Maya, something we get by the kilo at Costco. It's put out by a local coffee shop here in Austin, so Costco surprised me by carrying it. Roasted and packed daily. Organic and shade grown by a cooperative in the mountains of Mexico. Try the dark roast. I'm going to grind some beans right now and have a cup.

Oh, and if Starbuck's is making an effort to educate their employees about an important topic, good for them. I assume that the employees will be getting paid, so what's the harm?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro I know McDonald's spends a lot on it's beans. Your analogy couldn't be more wrong

You ever been in a McDonald's in the morning. We're talking coffee. It's not like there is that wide a variety of quality.

[​IMG]

You've been sold. That's fine

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fun situation, Starbucks does nothing wrong, there is outrage anyway, Starbucks overreacts to the fake outrage.

I honestly hope lots of people boycott Starbucks to where I no longer have to deal with lines when I go there.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not going to lie, I came in here to see if @pgabriel was going to steer the conversation toward Black Panther.

I'm seriously surprised this thread hasn't devolved into something else. All the players are here and still calm. I'm proud of all of you.

amaru likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

1 employee in 1 store in Philly (shocking) ****ed up. The CEO of the company immediately came out and said "I would like to meet with these 2 guys." "Our employees were wrong. We suck." I do not see the need for protests and anger.

How long ago was the Christmas/Holiday on the cups a huge deal?

Let's all act like adults when we can.

DonnyMost, macho GRANDE and Nook like this.
  20. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

I have been to Starbucks stores that said the bathroom was for customers only. They don't want dirty bums bathing in the sink, people shooting up, etc. in their bathrooms. There is a McDonalds in my downtown area that you have to get buzzed into the bathroom by the counter attendant. Nothing wrong with that. How hard would it have been for the two guys to buy a cup of coffee or a donut? They don't have two bucks? If you refuse to actually be a customer, then why not just leave when asked? They could have met the guy they were waiting for outside, or at a different coffee shop, or whatever.