1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nero, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My guess is The Rise of Skywalker will lean towards fan service. As it should really. It is the conclusion of BOTH the last trilogy AND the ENTIRE 9 movie saga. It is a time to wrap things up.....not to explore new things per se.

However, Disney has put itself in a good place where their *Disney+* Star Wars TV shows (with movie production values) like the Mandalorian. The stakes are LOWER and they can take more RISKS without it being a problem. I think this is where we will see a lot of growth in the Star Wars universe.

The Skywalk Saga is about nostalgia and familiarity. But the newer movie Sagas and the TV show Sagas will bring in newer aspects.

2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I'll watch it theatres...maybe twice. Still think the prequels are better than the new saga.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I'm not watching this **** show anymore after TLJ. Can't believe they let those dbags, JJ Abrams and Rian Johnson just 'do whatever' with the star wars franchise and Disney think it was cool. This isn't 'Star Wars' anymore...it's some crap that has Rey, who's unbeatable and required no training (hell, even Palpatine needed a DECADE of training before he had the power she apparently has) to stroll thru some plot where a bunch of dudes need to be put in their places and have palpatine be pulled out of the star wars universes' collective ass to try to save the ending using some pathetic attempt at nostalgia. I can't believe that of all the 'great minds' in disney that THIS is what this saga has come to. It's f#$king pathetic.

K mf G and Jontro like this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Liked the Han Solo movie most, too bad most ppl didn't watch it after the Last Jedi mess.
    It teased an awesome sequel and now we will probably never see it. :(

Rogue One had a terrific second half (battle on that planet), but the first was extremely meh so I think it's a tad overrated.

justtxyank and tinman like this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The beginning rumbles of the rebellion and the desperation against facing off against the empire is easily my favorite part of the star wars universe. I loved the tone that Rogue One set for that by flashing from planet to planet as they introduced you to the characters they'd bring together for the second half.

This is among the nerdiest things I've ever written, by the way.

CCity Zero, justtxyank, BigM and 3 others like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

i don't like rey as the good guy. she needs to be more pc... maybe a trans, ghey, blek jedi.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I thought Rogue One was the best movie since the original sequels. It actually had an important story to tell (since it was referenced in the opening crawl of the original movie) and wasn't just made up on the fly like TFA or TLJ. I could have used a little more Darth Vader, but I say that about every movie. I thought it fit perfectly between III and IV and loved how it ended just minutes before IV began.

The Han Solo movie.....eh. I just wasn't that interested in his story, to be honest. Not nearly enough references to the Empire. Maybe I need to watch again?

I really liked Star Wars Rebels a lot, even though is was a cartoon.

@MadMax you want to talk about nerdy, I just told the entire bbs that I really liked a cartoon.

CCity Zero, Deckard, mikol13 and 3 others like this.
  8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I liked Rebels, too. Watched it all the way through with my younger son. We were at DisneyWorld before the show was released, and went to a preview for it there where the voice actors introduced their characters to us on stage. Good stuff.

fattz likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Well....they certainly screwed that up with The Last Jedi if that's the case.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Solo movie was better than the Last Jedi

CCity Zero and K mf G like this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The last 1/3 of the Solo movie was pretty legit. Otherwise Death Star plans was easily the best movie out of the last 7.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think that is exactly why people were irritated with TLJ, tbh. And I think they recognized that, and that's why they got JJ Abrams back to wrap it up.

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I really enjoyed a force awakens. Loved it. The last Jedi was a massive let down. I’m optimistic that they can redeem themselves here but wouldn’t be surprised either way.

mikol13 likes this.
  14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Freddy Got Fingered was better than the Last Jedi.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ewok movies and Christmas Special were better than the Last Jedi.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I had trouble even watching the whole trailer.

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

And trying to appeal to the widest audience possible. I do hope, as you insinuate, that we get some "Dead Pools" and "Logans" out of this expansion.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

She gets a rainbow saber in the movie.

Jontro likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I understand to a point where you and others are coming from the last few years with these comments.

I just hope they make a Star Wars movie eventually with an all white male cast with a few aliens so everyone will **** the F up.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah Rogue One was definitely the best one since 4-6, I honestly wish they could have made some separate story after instead of a one off... But understand why, but man those characters and story I think could have been something, instead you get generic cash grab 7, 8... I mean I think about 8 and I'm honestly not sure how I finished it... I mean Rogue One was more more interesting than 1-3 and 7,8 (and probably 9)... But yeah... Maybe I need to re-watch it, maybe it was that final Vader scene but man it felt like a hell of a lot better movie than the **** that's come out since 4-6

mikol13 and VanityHalfBlack like this.