1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Square-Enix DKΣ3713 Private Party: FF13 Demo, Parasite Eve 3, and More

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Aug 1, 2008.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Just started less than an hour ago I believe, so I'm going mostly by message board posts.

A demo for FFXIII will be included with the Blu-ray release of FF7 Advent Children. There will also be a PS3 bundle (in Japan) for this release. Seems like a March 2009 release for Japan (yeah, this game won't be coming out in the US for a while). They also seemed to reiterate that FFvs13 is PS3 exclusive worldwide, but not sure what the point is if the game is coming out years from now. No point in trusting their word this far from release. Although I guess it is better than finding out it is a movie now, which was one of the rumors going around...yeah, it was stupid, but who knows these days. :(

PSP is getting a little bit of love from Square-Enix it seems. The 3rd Birthday (basically Parasite Eve 3) and Final Fantasy XIII Agito, both previously announced for cellphones only, will be released on the PSP as well. They announced some bundle for FF Dissidia, which is coming out in Japan this December.

As for the handheld KH games (from duckroll at NeoGAF):
    I think that is it. I don't expect anything else, but since the event barely started, who knows for sure. Probably get some impressions and other stuff later. Knowing Square-Enix though, probably no video. :(

2. astros148

astros148 Member

man i loved the first Parasite Eve **** was i obsessed with that game. the graphics were sick n i loved the story mode

3. RC Cola

You should have seen the thread last year when they first announced Parasite Eve 3. Everyone (including myself) was happy, and then they had to clarify it was for cellphones. :(

BTW, not surprising if a demo is available in 2009, but apparently they are aiming to release FF13 in Japan in 2009.

Also, in the new Dissidia trailer, Kefka makes an appearance.

4. RC Cola

Oh...apparently they're showing real-time FF13 and FFvs13 gameplay.

THEY ACTUALLY EXIST! :eek:

5. astros148

astros148 Member

awaits patiently.

man now im thinking of re beating Parasitc Eve, lol i learned alot of cool stuff from that game about the human body lol and i was in like middle school. lulz. wasnt the game like 4 discs or something, i have it laying around my room some where, i have the urge to play it again. :D

6. RC Cola

Yeah, I know what you mean. When I took my first biology class and heard about mitochondria, I thought to myself "Holy crap, they're real?! Oh no, we're all doomed!" In fact, I still can't help but think about the game every time I see that term. :eek:

If Square-Enix released Xenogears on the PSN, they should release Parasite Eve and others as well. Of course, SCEA will never bother to bring them over to the US store. :(

7. astros148

astros148 Member

hahha omg if they release Parasite Eve on the ps3 ill have a bonar at the thought. You know whats sad tho is that i never beat the game, i stopped playing on the final boss wtf was I thinking?! what ever happened at the end, do you remember?

8. RC Cola

Youtube is great:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K0qpDQ4VxIs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K0qpDQ4VxIs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's just the regular ending though. I tried getting the special ending, but I stopped midway up the Chrysler building.

edit: Oh yeah, we're lucky that Square-Enix is even recognizing the PE franchise and making a new game period. Any hopes for a PS3, 360, or even a Wii version would lead to much disappointment I'm afraid.

edit2: Found 2 videos for the final battle with the "special" boss, true ending, and credits:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UvYopYxUEL4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UvYopYxUEL4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cG-rlUyC8no&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cG-rlUyC8no&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#8 RC Cola, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  9. astros148

astros148 Member

thanks for ending bro. damn what a epic game, i remember playing the game back then n i was like omg these graphics are epic. Now you're like wtf was i thinking hahah we're so spoiled

have you ever played Shenmue?

10. RC Cola

Nope, one of the games I regret not playing.

11. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Holy crap! I totally forgot the Parasite Eve games even existed! I played both PE1 and PE2 and thought they were awesome games.

Xenogears was also one of my big-time favorites. God, I wish SCEA would just release it on PSN over here. I've actually been contemplating trying to track down a PS1 copy of that game to play it over again. I think I'd be able to wrap my head around the story and some of its themes a lot better now since I'm older. DAMN YOU SCEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. astros148

astros148 Member

i just saw all three videos and good ****.

Bro if you havnt played Shenmue get an xbox or something and buy 1&2, i swear the games are epic. I play them every year lol they're so good

13. RC Cola

I think Square-Enix did too up until last year. :(

I think I read somewhere that there are (or were) about 20 PS1 games on the US Store. On the Japanese Store? Around 200. Including MGS, Xenogears, Resident Evil, and more.

Ugh.

14. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Yeah, it's absolutely ridiculous. I would imagine MGS gets released over here after MGS4 being such a big hit. But damn, just release Xenogears and FF7...I would pay 20 bucks for each of those easily.

I really don't understand why we aren't getting PSN games. It appears to just be laziness on SCEA's part.

15. RC Cola

I've seen them address this question before, but their answers don't ever make much sense to me. That, and they always just give a the "We'll release products that make sense in each market" BS.

And yeah, forget the standard $6 price for PS1 games (or whatever it is). I would gladly pay $20 (or even more) as well for some of these games too. Don't tell me these publishers don't want my money.

16. RC Cola

Some updated impressions from NeoGAF:
    IGN also has some impressions:
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/896/896066p1.html

BTW, this wasn't clear to me earlier, but along with being released on the PSP, PE3 and Agito will likely not be released on cellphones. Sounds like these were some ambitious games that required some high-end cellphones, but the higher-ups at Square-Enix decided to cancel these sort of projects (meaning they'd either have to appear on the handhelds or be canceled outright).

17. RC Cola

Ugh...just as I figured:
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6195345.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0
    Guess things could still be unclear (not exact quotes), and perhaps the wait won't be long, but this is exactly what I didn't want to happen with the 360 port. Like I said in an earlier thread, it is good that the game will be available to more people, but as a PS3 owner, I don't want to end up waiting an additional 6-12 month just so they can get a 360 version done. I know why they won't, but I wish they would just release the PS3 version when it was done and then release the 360 version when it is done (maybe put in some extras to spice things up). Here's to hoping they pick up 360 development pretty quickly. In the meantime, maybe I should start working on my Japanese.

Is this a big deal to anybody else, or am I just overexaggerating things? Wouldn't be the first time. :eek:

18. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Probably over exaggerating, but it still sucks hardcore. It seems like this game is going to take FOREVER to come out. Damn you 360...

I have had a lot of anger over this thread, lol.

19. RC Cola

At least some good things were mentioned in this thread. Although I'll have to continue with news that might cause anger.

I was wondering why we haven't really seen much about the realtime gameplay demo of FF13 and Versus 13, especially from sites like IGN. Apparently, Square-Enix doesn't want anyone to talk about it outside of vague descriptions. I didn't think it could get any worse than not getting screens, video, etc., from the event, but I guess I was wrong.

20. RC Cola

<embed src='http://videomedia.ign.com/ev/ev.swf' flashvars='article_ID=896720&downloadURL=http://retromovies.ign.com/games/video/article/896/896703/gamescoop_squareenix2_080508_flvlowwide.flv&allownetworking="all%"' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='433' height='360'></embed>
    Not much, but I think it is the only new media to come from the event. Nothing from the FF13 games, but some nice video of the handheld games.