1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Spurs G5 & 6 Finally Solved?: Was Harden Playing Through A Concussion?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Btw I’m buying this theory.

macho GRANDE and DonKnock like this.
  2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I agree that a flagrant should have been called, just not an automatic ejection.

It definitely had the hallmark criteria for excessive contact of the head or neck, but it was a “basketball play” so I think that makes it fall short of the automatic ejection level.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Watching the game last night. Keith Jones looks and acts like an assistant coach at this point. Looked like he was giving a pep talk to P.J. at one point and I thought.... oh yea, you’re our trainer still? :confused:o_O

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

People don't go from godly to garbage overnight

Rocket River

5. riko

riko Member

Years of roid abuse. Artest was using roids and everyone knew it. Look at his size gain from the bulls days then compare it to his days in indy, kings and then here.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I HOPE he was concussed.

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Here is the post in the game thread where the Gasol incident happened.

Interesting to read how the perception goes after this point.

Actually looks like he might have taken a second blow to the head:

This would've been @3:15 left in regulation.

#87 DonKnock, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

cool, man, let us find out why he was on the bench when we toppled the Clips years ago.

9. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I don't think he was concussed, knocked down his free throw and was talking to his teammates just fine. I'm not for the conspiracy theory, he just flat out was gassed mentally, which showed why he was a shell of himself, essentially quitting in Game 6. He admitted as much in the ESPN Nichols interview along side Chris Paul, where having the pressure of creating or scoring on every single play completely wears one down. In comes CP3 to handle that for half the game instead. I think that's all the proof I need.

Like in a boxing match where body blows have a cumulative effect, that Gasol elbow and a tough Game 5 loss was probably the final straw on his psyche last season. Not to mention him also trying to keep up with Westbrook in the eyes of the voters for 82 games...

#89 forchette49, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I hate the Spurs

DonKnock likes this.
  11. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I don't know about this whole theory, at the same time am not cutting the beard slack because his performance in game 6 was beyond abysmal but basketball is a team sport and players have to play collectively well to win especially against teams like the Spurs in the playoffs, still **** happens and many great players played like **** in the playoffs so James has a chance to redeem himself this postseason and i have faith in him.

12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Concussion after party! Did he go to the concussion club that night?

forchette49 likes this.
  13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

As they shouldn't. NBA isn't suppose to be that huge of a contact sport. Accidents will happen, it is not like the NBA can do a whole lot to stop this. The NFL the very nature of the game allows you to do very physical stuff. NBA its actually against the rules and results in a penalty.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah Cp3 wants to know if joined the wrong guy

so we can bring back josh smith, terry, brewer, and dwight for harden

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

No excuses;)

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not convinced, but quite possible. Whatever the case, it's a new year with a new and unbelievable Harden.

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Harden didn’t make any excuses did he?

This is a third party investigation.

ilovehtownbb and D-rock like this.
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

bottom line is what credible and knowledgeable people like Morey, MDA, Cp3, Ariza, Tucker, LMM, etc saw, analyze, and conclude as they judge harden and the rockets game 6

really can't convince casual fans (maybe biased or not as credible/knowledgeable in bball) who would not hesitate to take 2 stat-padding uncontested rebounds over 7 more wins/3 seeds higher/hca
    and would not hesitate to believe the myth that harden is any less of a competitor night in and night out especially in all important game than cp3, lebron, kawhi, durant, curry, wb

while simply dismiss reality that harden already had a concussion before when 260lb artest elbowed him on the head and missed a couple of games for it
    then got elbowed in the head again by bigs gasol and aldridge and instead of complaining even a little bit about a possible concussion kept quiet because of fear having to sit out a couple of games

or dismiss the reality of harden has the heaviest burden to carry by far among other superstars last year especially in the playoffs
    and reality that mental and physical fatigue DOES accumulate/develop over the course of a long NBA season reg and playoffs combined which is the primary reason why coaches devises strategies for their stars to rest around 10 games during the regular season in preparation for the playoffs

“A tremendous amount of fatigue—mental and physical—develops over the course of a long NBA season,” Penfold says
    https://www.si.com/edge/2016/09/27/...thlete-brain-training-warriors-leicester-city

#98 vlaurelio, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Play looks virtually identical to the hit that Harden got from Pau.

vlaurelio likes this.