1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

South Carolina Debate Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by baller4life315, Feb 25, 2020.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Still her decision. Was she given an alternative or a suggestion? Exactly what are the guidelines of killing an innocent baby?

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Right we’ll make this a debate about whether or not abortion is murder. That’s not the issue here. If Bloomberg’s statement to the female employee was true, that’s obviously shameful whether you lean pro-choice or pro-life

Yung-T and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. shorerider

shorerider Member

Biden reminds me of the old guy from Airplane.

peleincubus, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tom Steyer didn't have a lot of speaking time, but he used none of it to explain his attack on tater tots in school lunches. His candidacy is done. This was his one shot and he didn't even address it once.

joshuaao and B-Bob like this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Let me try to explain this in a way you should understand.

Are women allowed to make the choice to have sex? Yes.

Is it okay if a boss demands a female employee to have sex with him? NO.

Just because it's legal and a woman's choice to control her body, doesn't mean an employer can make such a demand. This feels like trolling if you truly don't understand the difference. I get you are pro-life, and that's fine, but don't pretend like these two things are the same.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The moderators did a terrible job. I don't know if they just lost control or they deliberately wanted this debate to get more chaotic to tease out some good attack lines.

Yung-T and B-Bob like this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I didn't watch this one - was too busy with the kids.

Clue me in , what happened here !?!

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Maybe Bloomy is a monster? Maybe Warren is making another baseless claim that will backfire on her campaign? Idk but this needs to be resolved IMO.

RayRay10, King1 and Corrosion like this.
  9. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

10. TheresTheDagger

To those who didn't watch the debate....here's a consice, video with the highlights.

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Warren went back to the lie that she was fired as a pregnant woman and nobody called her out, AGAIN!
    “I was married at nineteen and graduated from college after I’d married, and my first year post-graduation I worked in a public school system with the children with disabilities. I did that for a year, and then that summer I didn’t have the education courses, so I was on an “emergency certificate,” it was called. I went back to graduate school and took a couple of courses in education and said, “I don’t think this is going to work out for me.””

utgrad97 likes this.
  12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Corrosion likes this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

LOL.... says the Yankee pretending to be a man of the people.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

That’s geographicalism.

15. dmoneybangbang

16. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Who's Tom Styer? :)

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. TheresTheDagger

He's the "other" billionaire on a stage full of millionaires complaining about rich people buying their way on stage and our current rich president.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

did he forget his step mom's convention speech?

19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

The only difference from your president and the Dem’s billionaires is that they actually used their own money. Instead of trump selling policies to the highest bidders like the Koch brothers. I rather have Tom and Mike spend their own money than special interest groups that run the president and the GOP.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Overall, a borderline terrible debate. The moderators did a very poor job of refereeing the event. Yes, refereeing. That’s essentially what this boils down to.

Winners: unclear. Klobuchar, Biden and, to a degree, Bernie all had varying levels of a good night. Likely even Bloomberg as well.

Clear loser: Steyer. Got smacked down on multiple occasions, and had and an absolutely humiliating answer on for profit prisons. He’s a walking advertisement of why the rules need changed. Time to go.

Another clear loser: Warren. Made every answer about Bloomberg. Was recklessly talking over people. Apart from a brief answer about how she would be a superior president to Bernie, she bulldozed her way on stage in utter desperation to speak about Bloomberg at every opportunity. Was very off-putting.

Loser: Mayor Pete. Was invisible at times. Got roughed up by Bernie, when predictably, attempting to interject and jump onto piles.

As for the winners:

Klobuchar gave substantive answers on key issues, and presents herself as a very electable general election figure. How she’s not doing better is absolutely mind-boggling, but I digress. Didn’t even come close to taking a punch.

In such a poor debate format, Biden’s jovial comments are going to play over well. He made a ton of comments at the expense of the debate format, which I think many can sympathize with. Most people think these debates, and their format, are awful.

Which leads us to Bloomberg. Truth be told, he was much more prepared and sounded much better this time around. Whatever comfort level that was missing after the first debate is clearly gone. He was also much more likable and apologetic compared to his Trump-lite persona from the NV debate. He’s not going to win the nomination, but damn are people going to take a closer look. Which means this night was a win for him.

RayRay10, Hakeemtheking and foh like this.