1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Uhh, sorry dont mean to quote you again, but I think saying he got exposed is maybe not right? Cause i checked that stats(someone should double check that though, by navigating of nba.com is not great yet) and it shows Clint is only giving up .78 PPP on isolations. So maybe, Clint is trying a little harder to stick to guards? I donno, its hard to say.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Especially early in the season players were getting to the basket with little resistance, often times with Capela coming out to the perimeter. It doesn’t look good, people see it and ask why Capela isn’t limiting them. Some of it is that he isn’t that type of dominant defender, but 95% of it was that the Rockets were not making proper decisions on when to switch. With the Rockets system all the players on the floor need to be on the same wave length or it all breaks down. We don’t require all 5 players on the floor to be great individual defenders but they need to be able to know when to react and to switch.... that wasn’t happening early.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

I gotcu, thanks for explaining.

Nook likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Keep this thread alive....posted or not. Didn't know that well, that is Gerald Green stuff.

MaxRider likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article221706600.html

Since it’s our first Heat column since Jimmy Butler was traded to Philadelphia, a couple of things: According to a source, the Heat’s last best offer for Butler – offered weeks ago – was Josh Richardson, Kelly Olynyk and a protected No. 1 pick. But Riley never came back with another offer after Minnesota asked for more and before he was traded to Philadelphia. The Athletic reported the Heat also earlier dangled a package with Goran Dragic and Justise Winslow….

Riley never went back to Minnesota because he believes he gave it his best shot and wasn’t prepared to offer more. So it wasn’t a case of Miami removing Richardson from the package as much as it was the Heat never returning to the table, period... The Heat’s offer was probably better than Philadelphia’s, but the Timberwolves weren’t serious about trading him until they fell to 4-8 and then 4-9 with Butler.

DonKnock, Vivi and craguin like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

We could all see this coming with the Wolves getting worse offers the longer they waited.

FU Thibs.

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol at the Wolves...I like that Richardson, Olynyk, and protected 1st deal a lot more than Saric, Covington, and a 2022 2nd

it’s mainly because I like Richardson a lot more than Saric+Cov as the main piece in return for a star...Olynyk could’ve helped their spacing as well

Richardson is currently averaging 20, 4, and 3 to go along with 43% shooting from deep on 7 attempts a game and excellent defense...I love his athleticism too

HP3 likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Right, Richardson is probably the most enticing piece that was offered in any deal.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Sidenote but I really hate that Luc signed with Clippers and they are not giving any minutes.

Either that injury was a lot worse than we thought or the Clips just flat out signed him for nothing.

cbs1507 likes this.
  11. aroundtheblock2

His shoulder dislocated twice and he proceeded NOT to have surgery. That's all you need to know. Luc was unplayable in the playoffs because of that shoulder

saleem and HP3 like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

17 pages to go!

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

bmelo likes this.
  14. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. NateNate

NateNate Member

I hope that crappy owner regrets everyday not dealing with Morey the great. Such a short sided view not to take the 4 first round picks. smh. Instead, he gets to enjoy his Covington and Saric. Nice players to add to a really good team but less impactful on a team like the Wolves. I would have taken my chances with the 4 picks or even the possibility of packaging those picks and moving up in the draft.

sammy, Manos and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Vivi

Vivi Member

They're headed to the lottery again, just where they belong as an organization. They'll draft another scrub and suck for the rest of the Towns/Wiggins era, but well, that's what they deserve tbh.

sammy and topfive like this.
  18. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

#lockthisup

19. malakas

malakas Member

In the end it will be another dodged bullet. Butler will get paid his max, create lockeroom problems and rapidly decline to become an albatross.

Artie_Fufkin and Invisible Fan like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey needs to shop his 4 firsts at Feb deadline, not necessarily for a single player.