1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. basketballholic

Tobias is a 4 in our system with perhaps potential to play small-ball 5 I suppose. Very repetitive with Melo (better offensive player) and Tucker (much better defensive player) both getting minutes there.

Vivi likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The correct response was to apologize to Codman.

That's twice in one day you had an opportunity to be cool to others (and this thread), and your ego chose not to.

Zboy, clutchdabear, D-rock and 10 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Snow Villiers likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think they're good players, i just don't see us giving up assets to get them cause Harris is basically Melo, and Gibson would not start anyway, i think he would be a great backup center here, but Thibs isn't going to trade him for peanuts so, unless he ends up as a filler in a Butler trade, i don't think we are willing to move good assets to get a back up center when there's a chance we may get Chandler or Dedmon for free in few months.

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Stop talking like you know what the Rockets want.

BamBam, Zboy, King1 and 4 others like this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Weird thing is, "My source was wrong" isn't even an apology, but even that seemed to be too painful an admission.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Why are you guys still engaging Hollic ?

Are we really that bored ? Wednesday can't get here soon enough !

malakas and Easy like this.
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Gibson is indeen nicknamed Ant but not for the reason that Codman stated. The real reason is Gibson's face looks like that of an ant.

Zboy, stevel, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  9. basketballholic

I don't have a problem with Codman that I know of. Like and appreciate him very much. And I don't doubt a thing he wrote. I jumped in on Taj versus Tolliver because I know a little about that. There is the possibility that we wind up with Tolliver....not because I want him....I don't. But because he was a contract that was discussed in trade talks. Yes, Taj was talked about too. But the version of the multi-team deal that I was told about involved Tolliver and did not involve Taj. I already stated I have no doubt nor question to doubt that Codman was referring to Taj. And I have no doubt that he heard about Taj. Because we would very obviously love to move Knight/Chriss and ONE PICK in a deal for Taj and Tyus. That's a no-brainer for us. But that's simply not doable at the moment. Nor is a deal for Butler/Taj.

But we would love to have Taj.....and Ty...and Winslow....in a nice little package for Brandon Knight, a pick, and another youngster on the roster.

I have always liked and always staunched for Cod, even when a lot of folks here were trashing him when something he said didn't come to pass. I jumped in here about Tolliver because I know Tolliver has been talked about. That's all.

@Codman I'm sorry. Shouldn't have brought up Tolliver. It disturbed too many people. I'm glad you've reached a point where more posters support you and I very much appreciate all the info you leave here. Always have. Always will.

PS: Now, I did what you asked @heypartner ....which wasn't necessary....and I put it at the end of the post, not at the beginning so you couldn't trash the apology and say I undid it somehow with the words following the apology. Find something else to gripe about. You always do. Oh, and don't revisit it if Tolliver doesn't become a Rocket. And don't revisit it if Tolliver does becomes a Rocket either. Because I don't care about Tolliver at all. He's simply a contract...an expiring contract to me. And I'm really sorry I heard about him and responded. Posters like you make me very sorry that my posts are able to be read by you. If I had my way I'd have a BLOCK function on here so you couldn't read anything I wrote. So, I'm sorry. LOL Very sorry. I'm sorry I write stuff that you can read. I don't know why I waste my time responding to you. And if I took the time to pay attention to who wrote what I probably wouldn't. But I don't post that way. I respond to content....not to who the posters are. So I respond to your drivel all the time because I'm not trying to judge you. I'd appreciate the same courtesy. But I doubt you can give it. It seems to be your mission to prove me wrong in much the same manner and with much the same disdain and distaste that many posters have trashed Cod and continue to trash him today. Kapeche. I'm going back to work.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Uh.... LMAO.

craguin, tycoonchip, Zboy and 8 others like this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Kapeche".......is that an Indian food? As in, "This thread smells like someone buried [kapeche] in a diaper" - (Anchorman)?

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Damn really? I actually think Tobias is really good and could fill in the Ariza spot better than Ariza, thats just me though.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

"just ignore him!!!1"

*Holic proceeds to make 8 different threads about trading Capela*

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Relax bro, don’t get riled up about interwebz stuff! Truth be told, weather you’re making crap up or passing along legitimate secrets... YOU ARE entertaining!!! If I didn’t want to read your posts, I would’ve blocked you a millennia ago.;)

I can’t/won’t speak for others, but I suspect many people on this board like to pick on you to get a reaction. Roll with it, you’ll be a lot happier...:)

#6656 BamBam, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    ChumpCity, hakeem94 and Madmanmetz like this.
  17. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

He's already demonstrated that he will not stop even in the face of ridicule, repeated exposal, and no one believing him; under normal conditions I would agree with you that ignoring him would most likely make him go away, but he is clearly mentally unstable and will continue to do this whether we engage or not.

Independently of this, his intellectual terrorism on the board will drag down the otherwise good and credible reputation of CF. Cod said that league people come here frequently because we have a good overall reputation. Why should he be allowed to threaten this will his blatant fraudulence?

Zboy, Richie_Rich, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  18. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

For a pathological liar, correct.

Zboy likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, he's a 3/4 that plays nothing more than average defense at best, if you play him at the three your defense is going to take a hit, just like having Melo in that spot, totally different player then Trevor, literally think about a younger Melo, but less good obviously.

#6659 Vivi, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    D-rock and HP3 like this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I respect this.

Typically, this would be the best form of “boycotting” a person’s personal thoughts and ideas. Which is what most of us could/would do, if it weren’t shoved down our throats by the most outrageous arm chair GM you could ever think of, as hard earned facts.

Not to mention he is now trying to discredit one of the true insiders to only (as all egomaniacs would do) add fuel to his agenda of us (somehow) prioritizing (his guy) Justice Winslow over the one true target Jimmy Butler.

Nobody likes a fraud, especially a fraud that doesn’t seem like he did anything wrong… given that he himself states "which wasn't necessary" on his part in terms of the fake apology he was, somehow, forced to make.

craguin, Zboy, luckyman76 and 4 others like this.