1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Lue is the front-runner if MDA is let go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Aug 15, 2019.

1. dischead

dischead Member

He didn't miss 27 threes, the players did

D-rock and jimmyv281 like this.
  2. brownxmas

brownxmas Member

Um NO. Is there no other choice?

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Multiple reasons.

Contradictory statements between Cyber and Morey about the WB trade - specifically that Tilman "forced it on him" when Morey stated unequivocally that he was working on the trade prior to Tilman having any idea about it.

All of the "leaks" have been "Water is wet", Rockets interested in Superstar X , from Melo , Durant , Lebron , Butler … we all know Morey chases Team USA / Superstars. Anyone could predict this stuff.
    Not much out there for the next offseason unless AD gets sick of Lebron and opts out …. but the next year "Rockets interested in Giannis." Book it.

I have close family members in the industry, people I talk to daily , one a former NFL head coach currently with the Vikings and another a former MLB executive. The circle of people privy to these types of conversations is very small and very tight lipped. Any info they gave me was strictly confidential. If he were to have an in with an NBA front office and he was blabbing it all over the interwebs - He wouldn't be getting it again. That's a fact.

Supposedly he's affiliated somehow with the Lakers …. How is it he always has intel on the Rockets when the type of info he's "leaking" isn't known outside of a very small , very tight lipped circle of people in the Rockets front office ?

Lastly …. Never once has anything he's said actually bore fruit. Not once.

I don't buy any of these "insiders" as being legit.

Lue is a championship coach and a minority, teams looking to fill HC spots are going to interview that guy even if they don't ultimately hire him. Water is wet.

Hassan Abdul-Ahmed and RayRay10 like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

Okay, first off anything Morey says to the Media no matter how much you wanna believe shouldnt be taken as face value 100%, you think Morey is gonna go the media and say "oh yea i wasnt really fully on board for this trade, but my boss and my best player forced my hand.'" Morey isnt in a dishonset guy but just because he said that to the media doesnt mean it was true. Like cmon dude after all thats happend this off season, I dont know how you can say this.

Really? This FA? Was it really that obvious that we were going hard after Butler? Cyber was the first one who broke that news for us by the way both times before it made air waves. Specifically Butler.

Dude, leaks happen ALL the time, how do you think Woj, and a lot of these other guys get their info. From leaks within organizations. NBA, NFL and MLB are all different and within those sports each team is run differently so yea leaks can happen. Best thing about the internet is anonymity so yea I can believe he could tell us this stuff without getting fired or whatever cause Bryan freakin Colangelo hadnt got caught for a LONG TIME.

Again you dont have to believe him thats fine. Im just telling you I believe the people that are vouching for him.

Didnt he predict the Paul trade? maybe @The Cat can tell us what he has gotten right. And Im pretty sure he has gotten other things right. I didnt say Butler again cause you would do that "water is wet thing" which I dont think is fair at all but whatever. Also just because something doesnt bear fruit doesnt mean discussions werent had about said player. Situations are fluid in the league.

Lue is only a championship coach because of Lebron, hes absolutely not up there with the elite tier coaches.

SWTsig, YOLO and don grahamleone like this.
  5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is indeed news to me but good luck with Lue hahaha.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

HP3 likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Agreed but what minority is Lue part of? Researched but merely figured out his cousin is Jayson Tatum.

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This is just comical. Just a few examples of things he's gotten right...

He's had way more correct scoops than this, these were just a few that came up in a 5-minute Twitter search.

You can think and believe whatever you want, it's a free country. But "never once has anything he's said actually bore fruit" is just factually wrong.

Richie_Rich, amaru, D-rock and 6 others like this.
  10. The Cat

Here's a few more @cyberx scoops from over the years...

amaru, D-rock, JoeBarelyCares and 4 others like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

not to mention Daryl Morey actually gave him a shoutout on Instagram.

D-rock, mikol13, itzIce and 2 others like this.
  12. The Cat

Right, the "water is wet" analysis with regards to Butler is comical.

If Houston's pursuit of Butler was simply based on the fact that he was a star on the FA market, then why on earth wouldn't they have pursued Kawhi Leonard? Same exact logic, same position, except he's an even better player.

The difference (and Morey all but spelled this out on that podcast appearance Thursday) is that unlike Kawhi, the Rockets felt CONFIDENT about landing Butler, which Iko/Feigen both reported in June... four months after @cyberx reported it here. The confidence the Rockets had in acquiring Butler, despite being a significantly over-the-cap team, was the essence of that story. And he nailed it.

amaru, D-rock, mikol13 and 6 others like this.
  13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

anyone that doubts @cyberx at this point is doing so just to be contrarian. his history speaks for itself.

the "leaks never happen" bit is funny though... it's as if some people don't know how basic human nature works.

D-rock and mikol13 like this.
  14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

So nash 2 time mvp, stat was a allstar, shawn marion allstar. Come one bro please dont act like mda didnt have talent guy won a ton of games, high seeds

15. HP3

HP3 Member

He did, but there was a lot of things that went wrong during his tenure with the suns.

04-05 Joe Johnson injury, loss to Spurs
    05-06 Stoudimire injury, loses to Dalls
    06-07-The most egregious Robert Horry hip checks nash and totoally ruins it for them

He's had a a lot of unlucky brakes here. I dont even want to bring up the Houston stuff either ugggh.

See what Im saying man? Is it fair to the man to be saying you havent won a championship yet?

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

morey and the rockets just do and spin what tilman tells them to

17. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ya, that's mostly what I thought...so not seeing why he's on everyone's short list. Since he seemed to get along well with LeBron, I could have seen it for the Laker's. But even they didn't bite. Not seeing why everyone else seems to be so interested.

Basically, if Tyron Lue was your answer...what was your question? What need did you have that drove thinking Lue was the right answer? If there were those in the Rocket's org that were thinking he was, and you asked them 'why?'...what answer would they have?

D-rock likes this.
  18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Morey's face to the media can easily be a different face than what he puts on for Tils and Co. IMO this is a poor reason to discredit Cyber, but you're free to do so.

Well, it's not a fact, its a good assumption for sure, but a fact it is not. By your logic, insiders wouldn't exist because they would be like honeybees, one sting and they're dead. I think that's a bit crazy.

Not sure. Then again he's had enough things go right in the past that I believe him. But who knows, he could be a tertiary or quatenary source of the info being that distant from the organization. Regardless, I've seen nothing to believe he is lying and reporting this info out of malice or some sense to be appreciated.

If this were true Clutch would lock his threads and ban him. I have no doubt about that. Even if I was suspicious of Cyber or Cod, at the bare minimum I trust that Clutch does this out of a passion for this team. If someone was spreading misinformation and routinely got it wrong, he'd be gone just out of preservation of all the work Clutch has done over the years.

Edit: Also, you can't have it both ways. You can't say that all he reports are things that are logical and follow the water is wet pattern, and then say he's always wrong. Which one is it? You're being a bit dramatic here.

You're entitled to that opinion for sure. I'll give you that. I don't agree with you, and feel like athletes and celebrities are just like us. They gossip, spill details they shouldn't, and then don't rectify the situation by tightening their firewall. That's why players like Kawhi are strange. But like I said, by no means am I about to put my reputation on what the insiders say. I just don't have enough evidence to dismiss their statements and disregard them. In fact, I think I have more evidence saying I should listen. To each his own.

D-rock and YOLO like this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would rather have Billups as a head coach than Lue. Billups' pedigree as a player is better and he has a high IQ. I think Harden and Westbrook will respect him more. I would like Ray Allen as a head coach even more than Billups. Lue is not a bad choice though.

20. BigBum

BigBum Member

This is mda final year. He is not going to meet morey and Tilman.s championship expectation.
    There is chance mda gets knocked out by clippers or GS in first round,